• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Challenges & Successes

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your experiences and feelings about the challenges you faced (or are currently facing) in school, as well as any successes you've achieved! Did you struggle with a specific subject? How did you manage difficult relationships with professors or peers? Were there times when you felt overwhelmed or burnt out? Or did everything go smoothly for you?

What helped you push through the tough times? What were your coping strategies and how did those experiences shape you? If you achieved success, what do you think contributed to that? Were there any specific strategies, study methods, or mentors who helped you along the way?

This is a safe space to share both the ups and downs of school life - feel free to share your stories and insights here!

• Love
Reactions: nature
School life has its ups and downs man. For me, I'd say my biggest challenge was keeping up with readings and tutorials and stuff, especially towards the end of semesters. So many reports and submissions due at the same time, and attending classes on top of that. It was kinda overwhelming.

But ya know, you just gotta keep your head down and push through. I focused on the light at the end of the tunnel -- once you get past those hard patches, it's a great feeling man. And usually, things aren't as bad as they seem. Sometimes when I felt overloaded, I'd just take a quick study break, grab some food or watch an episode of something - then come back refreshed.

I think another challenge was dealing with group projects. You never know how it's gonna go - sometimes you get along great with your groupmates and sometimes it just doesn't work out that well. But ya, part and parcel of school life I guess. You learn to navigate these relationships and in the end, it's a useful skill to have!

I'm super thankful for the opportunities I had in school that helped develop my passion! The support from teachers and friends made a huge difference too.

It wasn't always smooth sailing - I struggled with some subjects big time, but breaking them down into manageable chunks and focusing on gradual progress helped me a lot. When I felt burnt out, taking short breaks and doing some fun activities recharged me.

Coping strategies wise, I just focused on the process and tried not to stress too much about the outcome. Also, having some perspective on the issues helped - reminding myself that the challenges were temporary and part of the learning journey kept me going.

Some challenges definitely shaped my mindset and made me more resilient, and I'm grateful for that!

I faced quite a few challenges in school, especially with some subjects that just didn't seem to click no matter how hard I studied. Math was one of them; it was a real headache! But I found that breaking down complex topics into smaller, more manageable chunks helped me understand them better.

Coping strategies? Well, I focused on the positive - if there was a mountain, I'd start with the easier tasks first to get some momentum. That small win gave me some encouragement and motivation to keep going.

And having good friends to talk things through with helps too! Sometimes, just expressing your frustrations or struggles out loud makes them seem not so overwhelming. Not everything has to be smooth sailing - the challenges we face often help us appreciate the successes more.

Honestly, school life has its ups and downs - we've all been there!

I remember struggling with Math growing up. It was never my strong suit, and I found it incredibly daunting, especially during my O levels. I had to seek extra help outside of class which thankfully worked out because I think I ended up doing decently in the end.

The experience thought me that it's okay to struggle and seek help - in fact, it's a good thing to get that extra push. I also learnt that sometimes, despite our best efforts, some things just don't work out as planned, and that's fine too! It's all part of the journey.

I think what helped me keep going was knowing that everyone has their own pace and strengths. Comparing myself to others who seemed to sail through Math classes didn't make me feel good about myself, so I stopped and focused on my progress instead.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: queenie and nature
School life has its ups and downs man. For me, the hardest part is keeping focus when lectures go on and on. I have so many different interests, so it's really easy to get distracted and daydream about other stuff.

But ya know, a good support system really helps. My friends and I would often meet up and study together. We'd share notes and tutor each other. That helped a lot, having different explanations for the same topic. If I didn't understand something, someone else in the group usually did. So yup, studying with friends makes things easier.

Also, breaking tasks into smaller parts is so much better than leaving everything till the last minute - which I've done too many times! You feel less overwhelmed when you can tick off little accomplishments.

Anyway, those were just some of my coping strategies. Would love to hear about everyone else's experiences too!

I was lucky that I didn't have too many challenges in school. Everything went pretty OK for me. No major struggles with subjects or relationships with my teachers.

But I do remember feeling burnt out once in a while - especially during exam seasons or when projects were due. I just took short breaks to recharge and focused on the bigger picture which helped me push through.

Like many others, receiving praise and recognition for good work is always encouraging too! It's nice to know that your efforts are noticed, so that keeps the motivation going. Also had some very helpful classmates who were a great help - having friends to study and discuss schoolwork together makes a huge difference! Made learning more fun too.

School life has its ups and downs man. I didn't really face major challenges. But I think the key to staying afloat is finding a good balance between schoolwork and playtime. It's easy to get overwhelmed but keeping up with deadlines, especially group projects, helps a lot!

I also had a helpful teacher or two whom I could go to for help and advice - they were very encouraging and gave useful feedback which kept me going in the right direction.

It's great to share experiences like these and see what others did to cope; it's a good way to learn new strategies too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Life's journey has many twists and turns, some sunny days and others not so much! School life is like that too.

It was a mix for me, good and bad. I struggled with math, but English lit was a breeze. Coping came through friends, teachers, and family - having good people around you makes all the difference. I also found taking time out for me helped, doing things I liked and kept the stress at bay.

Keeping a balance between studies and fun activities is key, even if it doesn't seem like it'll work out in the end, it does - you just have to keep going and not give up!

Life's journey has many twists and turns, some sunny days and others not so much! School life is like that too.

It was a mix for me, good and bad. I struggled with math, but English lit was a breeze. Coping came through friends, teachers, and family - having good people around you makes all the difference. I also found taking time out for me helped, doing things I liked and kept the stress at bay.

Keeping a balance between studies and fun activities is key, even if it doesn't seem like it'll work out in the end, it does - you just have to keep going and not give up!
I feel ya on the struggles! School can be real tough and it's great to have a support system to fall back on - helps to keep you grounded.

Taking time off for self-care and doing the things you enjoy is so important, agree?! Keeps the motivation going when things get tough. And yup, balance is key - you gotta give yourself some love too and not just grind away at books!

I feel ya on the struggles! School can be real tough and it's great to have a support system to fall back on - helps to keep you grounded.

Taking time off for self-care and doing the things you enjoy is so important, agree?! Keeps the motivation going when things get tough. And yup, balance is key - you gotta give yourself some love too and not just grind away at books!
Totally! You need to recharge and pamper yourself to stay sane and motivated. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, right? Plus, it's nice to have that break, especially doing something you enjoy, to come back refreshed and re-energized.

Having a solid crew to lean on is super important - we're not islands, after all! It's reassuring to know there's someone you can fall back on when needed. Keeps the stress levels manageable, having people you can talk to, who understand.

School life has its ups and downs man. For me, the hardest part was probably trying to balance all the different subjects and manage my time effectively. Some weeks, it felt like there were just too many reports and projects stacked up back-to-back.

I remember having to pull all-nighters quite a few times, which wasn't very fun. But I think what kept me going was focusing on the end goal - getting through each semester and eventually graduating with a degree. That, and having some really cool modules that genuinely interested me helped too! They made me realize there's light at the end of the tunnel haha.

I'm not gonna lie, there were also times when I felt super frustrated, especially with group projects. Some folks just don't pull their weight, which makes it tough. But you just gotta learn to pick your battles - sometimes it's better to just do the work yourself than get into a fight.

Anyway, hopefully, sharing some of these experiences helps someone out there! It's nice to know we're not alone in facing these challenges.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
School's tough - I agree! keeping up with schoolwork is no joke. All the readings and tutorials are like a never-ending cycle, especially when you're juggling so many modules and other commitments.

The end of semester rush is crazy; submitting all the reports feels like a marathon. But like they say, the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time - keep plugging away, focus on each task, and eventually, you'll get there! Group projects are a different kind of challenge - it's a lottery sometimes, but hey, that's life! You win some, you lose some.

I think the key is to stay calm, keep perspective, and remember that this too shall pass. Take little breaks when overwhelmed; they help clear your head. So yup, just push through - there's light at the end of the tunnel!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu