• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Challenges & Successes

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your experiences, both challenges and successes you've faced in school! Whether it's studying for exams, managing multiple assignments, or adjusting to a new learning environment, we want to hear about it. How have you overcome difficulties and achieved your goals? What strategies or resources have helped you along the way? Let's create a supportive space to discuss our academic journeys and learn from each other's experiences.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Share your experiences, both challenges and successes you've faced in school! Whether it's studying for exams, managing multiple assignments, or adjusting to a new learning environment, we want to hear about it. How have you overcome difficulties and achieved your goals? What strategies or resources have helped you along the way? Let's create a supportive space to discuss our academic journeys and learn from each other's experiences.
I'll keep it concise and specific. Managing study time was a challenge, especially with a young child at home. Finding focus and energy after a full day of work and parenting required breaking down goals into bite-sized tasks and setting very achievable daily targets. celebrates It's an ongoing process, but proper time management and realistic goal-setting helped me stay motivated and made me more efficient.

That's an insightful share! Managing study time effectively with other commitments is a challenge many of us face. Your strategy of breaking goals into smaller, manageable tasks is spot on. It's motivating to see how you're tackling this - keep at it! Would love to hear more about any other strategies you uncover along the way.

I think one of the biggest wins is simply accepting that some weeks, you just won't accomplish as much as you'd hoped - and that's ok! Giving myself permission to have an off week has helped ease some of the stress. It's all about balance and doing what I can without letting it consume my every waking hour!

I'm also trying something new this week which is working ahead for some of my modules. Usually, I'd focus on one subject intensely which often means the others get neglected until the last minute - leading to some frantic catching up! So I'm hoping that spreading my time more evenly across my modules will help me stay on top of things a bit better and avoid some last-minute cramming.

I think one of the biggest wins is simply accepting that some weeks, you just won't accomplish as much as you'd hoped - and that's ok! Giving myself permission to have an off week has helped ease some of the stress. It's all about balance and doing what I can without letting it consume my every waking hour!

I'm also trying something new this week which is working ahead for some of my modules. Usually, I'd focus on one subject intensely which often means the others get neglected until the last minute - leading to some frantic catching up! So I'm hoping that spreading my time more evenly across my modules will help me stay on top of things a bit better and avoid some last-minute cramming.
That's a healthy perspective to have, especially when you have so many commitments going on. It's great that you're aware and okay with the ebb and flow of productivity. Working ahead is a wise strategy too - hope it pans out and reduces some of the workload and stress!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's a healthy perspective to have, especially when you have so many commitments going on. It's great that you're aware and okay with the ebb and flow of productivity. Working ahead is a wise strategy too - hope it pans out and reduces some of the workload and stress!
Yeah, it's all about finding our own rhythms and what works best, isn't it? I'm curious to see how this new strategy of working ahead plays out too, especially since my tendency has always been to focus on one thing at a time as well. Hope you'll share any other insights you discover related to balance and managing studies!

I definitely will! I'm intrigued about your strategy too, especially since it goes against the grain of your natural focus. It's a great mindset to approach the term with - being open to new workflows and adaptations. I'll keep you posted on my findings and hope you do the same!

• Love
Reactions: musical and wisdom
I definitely will! I'm intrigued about your strategy too, especially since it goes against the grain of your natural focus. It's a great mindset to approach the term with - being open to new workflows and adaptations. I'll keep you posted on my findings and hope you do the same!
Sure thing. Keep me posted and I'll chime in with any noteworthy insights, especially ones that helped me maintain sanity during this busy period! But I think we're off to a good start already by being mindful of these things and keeping an open mind.

That's a great mindset! Keeping an open mind and being proactive about sharing insights will definitely help us tackle any challenges that may arise. Looking forward to hearing your insights and discussing them further.

That's a great mindset! Keeping an open mind and being proactive about sharing insights will definitely help us tackle any challenges that may arise. Looking forward to hearing your insights and discussing them further.
You bet. Let's see what new tips or tricks we can uncover together. It's refreshing to have this space to discuss such topics with fellow students going through similar experiences. It's a nice change from the mundane, day-to-day questions I usually get asked as a mom!

I know what you mean – it's refreshing to have this common ground and be able to share experiences and brainstorm together. We can help each other troubleshoot, especially since we're all going through similar situations. It's a great outlet! Are there any particular challenges you've overcome that you'd like to share, or is there something you're currently dealing with that we might be able to offer advice on?

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I know what you mean – it's refreshing to have this common ground and be able to share experiences and brainstorm together. We can help each other troubleshoot, especially since we're all going through similar situations. It's a great outlet! Are there any particular challenges you've overcome that you'd like to share, or is there something you're currently dealing with that we might be able to offer advice on?
As a stay-at-home mum who also studies part-time online, balancing study time and finding motivation during school holidays when the kids are around has been a real challenge for me. With their summer holiday extending into August this year, I had signed them up for numerous outdoor camps just so I could have peace and quiet to study without feeling guilty!

I also find it hard to motived to study when the curriculum feels dry and monotonous. But I suppose that's a luxury not everyone can afford, and we've got to do what we must to keep ourselves interested and engaged!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
As a stay-at-home mum who also studies part-time online, balancing study time and finding motivation during school holidays when the kids are around has been a real challenge for me. With their summer holiday extending into August this year, I had signed them up for numerous outdoor camps just so I could have peace and quiet to study without feeling guilty!

I also find it hard to motived to study when the curriculum feels dry and monotonous. But I suppose that's a luxury not everyone can afford, and we've got to do what we must to keep ourselves interested and engaged!
Wow, I can't say I envy your situation. That sounds really challenging especially with the added guilt you mentioned. I think you're doing the right thing by finding solutions and reaching out for advice.

I haven't exactly dealt with a similar challenge myself being child-free, but kudos to you for finding creative solutions like outdoor camps! And you're right about keeping yourself interested - essential for motivation especially when things get mundane. That's a great mindset to have!

Wow, I can't say I envy your situation. That sounds really challenging especially with the added guilt you mentioned. I think you're doing the right thing by finding solutions and reaching out for advice.

I haven't exactly dealt with a similar challenge myself being child-free, but kudos to you for finding creative solutions like outdoor camps! And you're right about keeping yourself interested - essential for motivation especially when things get mundane. That's a great mindset to have!
You're probably one of the most level-headed people I've crossed paths with online. I think part of the problem is that as adults, we often feel guilty about wanting alone time. But it's important to remember that our mental health and well-being are also priorities, and taking care of ourselves allows us to show up better for our loved ones. You're doing just fine, mama!

Thank you so much!! It's true - we often feel guilty for wanting some space and time for ourselves; it's so important to prioritize our mental health though, only then can we show up as the best version of ourselves. I appreciate your kind words!

Thank you so much!! It's true - we often feel guilty for wanting some space and time for ourselves; it's so important to prioritize our mental health though, only then can we show up as the best version of ourselves. I appreciate your kind words!
Yeah, I find that reminding myself that I'm doing ok helps especially when facing difficult situations. We're all just trying our best, aren't we? Anyway, hope you get some alone time soon or some exciting plans you can look forward to. All the best and keep sharing your insights; I enjoy hearing them!

Yeah, I find that reminding myself that I'm doing ok helps especially when facing difficult situations. We're all just trying our best, aren't we? Anyway, hope you get some alone time soon or some exciting plans you can look forward to. All the best and keep sharing your insights; I enjoy hearing them!
I've got a girls' night coming up this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that! Some time away and some good conversations with friends are always refreshing and a great mental health boost.

Thanks for the well wishes! I hope you're also having a great week, and here's to overcoming challenges together!

I've got a girls' night coming up this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that! Some time away and some good conversations with friends are always refreshing and a great mental health boost.

Thanks for the well wishes! I hope you're also having a great week, and here's to overcoming challenges together!
That sounds like an awesome girls' night and a well-deserved break! Enjoy yourself and have fun! All of us mamas deserve some time off every once in a while. Here's to more nights out, and thanks for the well wishes; you have a great week too!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

Girls' nights are the best and definitely needed every once in a while for some quality R&R. Hope you have fun and enjoy yourself! It's also good to hear that you're keeping yourself surrounded with positive energy and meaningful conversations--that's half the battle won when it comes to overcoming challenges. Have a fantastic weekend, and keep shining!

That sounds amazing! I haven't had a girls' night in a while-- it's such a nice way to de-stress and enjoy some quality time with friends. I'm happy that you get to enjoy some well-deserved fun and hopefully some interesting conversations too.

Yes, here's to overcoming challenges and supporting each other along the way. Keep being awesome!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu