• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Celebrating Baby's Growth

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several moms have shared the joy and excitement they felt when their baby reached different milestones, particularly focusing on the heartwarming experience of babies' first social smiles, which indicates recognizing their parents. They also talked about cherishing each phase of their children's growth and development and soaking in these special moments to create lasting memories, enjoying the little joys along the way. The shared experiences ranged from adorable first smiles, giggles, and chit-chat to playing games and watching their babies' curiosity unfold. Amidst the excitement for future milestones, there was a collective acknowledgment of time's swift passage and the importance of being present in the moment. Koala summed it up beautifully with a sweet poem emphasizing the preciousness of each stage. The conversation ended on a high note, reveling in these special, heart-melting moments of motherhood.

This is such an exciting stage - celebrating baby's growth! Let's share those experiences, photos, thoughts and milestones here!

I'll start! My little one has just started smiling this week - it's like the clouds have parted and the sun has come out! It's the most magical feeling seeing that first proper social smile and knowing they recognise you. My heart melts every time!

Reactions: chickadee
Wah! So happy to hear about your little one's milestone! That first real smile must've been a heart melter and a glorious sight It's such a warm, fuzzy feeling when you realize they're recognizing you too.

My tot's been spitting up like a pro these days - like literal fountains! Got to keep the laundry busy, but it's hilarious and adorable all at once. Can't wait till he's got some proper chit-chat skills!

53859289323_cb826d847d_m.jpg

Ahhh yisss! The first few months are a blur of excitement and wonderment as parents! It's such a magical feeling when they start recognizing you and giving you those heart-melting smiles!!

My tot also loves playing a game now - he'll laugh and smile super widely when I make silly faces or noises, then hide his face behind his hands, giggling the whole time. Then peekaboo becomes a full-on game of chase around the house because he thinks it's so funny!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
When the little one starts smiling, it's a whole new level of happiness! It's true what they say about the sun coming out and shining even on the rainiest of days. Each new milestone is such a heart melter! Can't wait to see more of these happy moments as they grow!

So true! Baby's first smiles are like little rays of sunshine that warm your heart! I remember feeling so overwhelmed with joy when my tot first smiled at me properly - an indescribable feeling! Each stage they grow into brings on a new set of exciting experiences! Can't wait to see what's next, their first steps maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
I've been loving this stage too! My little one started giggling recently, and it's the best sound in the world, man. Cutest thing ever! You're so right about knowing they recognise you - it's such a heartwarming feeling, like you're finally connecting and bonding!

I know right! It's so heartwarming to see our little ones grow and develop their personalities. Each milestone is precious!

My tot has started saying random words and it's so cute hearing her little babble-talk! She's also into everything now - picking up toys, putting them down, flipping through her books, all very deliberately haha. It's like she's suddenly realised the world is hers to explore!

It's an exciting phase! The first few months are just so heartwarming as we see them grow and discover new things. My little one started laughing recently - it's such a sweet sound that immediately brightens any mood! Can't wait for the days when they're a bit more vocal too!

Wah, so exciting to read about your little one's milestones! Can't agree more that it's a sunny moment when they start recognizing you and giving you those precious toothless grins. My heart melts too every time my tot flashes her gappy smile at me - like a secret club we're in, ya know?

Reactions: sunflower
It's a joyful phase - watching our little ones grow and develop their personalities! The spitting up must keep you on your toes, but it's so cute to witness, right? That first smile is truly magical; it makes all the exhausting moments so worth it! Looking forward to the day when he starts chatting away. Those adorable little conversations are so endearing.

It's a joyful phase - watching our little ones grow and develop their personalities! The spitting up must keep you on your toes, but it's so cute to witness, right? That first smile is truly magical; it makes all the exhausting moments so worth it! Looking forward to the day when he starts chatting away. Those adorable little conversations are so endearing.
Yeah, My heart melts every time too when my little one gives me a big grin! The smiles make all the late-night feedings and diaper changes so meaningful and worthwhile. Each phase brings new excitement and challenges - looking forward to the days of adorable little chats!

Yeah, My heart melts every time too when my little one gives me a big grin! The smiles make all the late-night feedings and diaper changes so meaningful and worthwhile. Each phase brings new excitement and challenges - looking forward to the days of adorable little chats!
There's always something special about each stage; they grow up so quickly, don't they? Before we know it, we'll be wishing we could turn back time! Treasure every moment, mums! The crazy, exhausting days are just as valuable as the cuddly, snuggly ones.

Reactions: queenie
There's always something special about each stage; they grow up so quickly, don't they? Before we know it, we'll be wishing we could turn back time! Treasure every moment, mums! The crazy, exhausting days are just as valuable as the cuddly, snuggly ones.
It's incredible how time flies! We're always excited for the future, yet nostalgic about the past. It's a bittersweet feeling to watch them grow, but we must remember to enjoy the present and create lasting memories!

Reactions: joyful and bookworm
It's incredible how time flies! We're always excited for the future, yet nostalgic about the past. It's a bittersweet feeling to watch them grow, but we must remember to enjoy the present and create lasting memories!
That's true, it's a constant balancing act between embracing the now and cherishing memories of yesteryear. With each phase come new challenges and delights, so we've always got something wonderful to look forward to.

That's true, it's a constant balancing act between embracing the now and cherishing memories of yesteryear. With each phase come new challenges and delights, so we've always got something wonderful to look forward to.
Absolutely! We can't hold on too tightly to the past, or we miss the joy in what's happening right now and the promise of what's to come - there's a poem in that, somewhere!

Absolutely! We can't hold on too tightly to the past, or we miss the joy in what's happening right now and the promise of what's to come - there's a poem in that, somewhere!
A mother's love, oh so precious,
A newborn's sniffles, Oh-so blissful.
Each moment's a gem, a memory sweet as honey.

😊👍🏻👶🌻🧸

A mother's love, oh so precious,
A newborn's sniffles, Oh-so blissful.
Each moment's a gem, a memory sweet as honey.

😊👍🏻👶🌻🧸
There's so much warmth and coziness in these lines! You capture the essence of the little joys in life, like a mother's love, that makes everything oh-so blissful 😊👩‍👧 I love the positive vibes!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
There's so much warmth and coziness in these lines! You capture the essence of the little joys in life, like a mother's love, that makes everything oh-so blissful 😊👩‍👧 I love the positive vibes!
Little joys bring us so much warmth and coziness.
Soak in all the goodness, every moment is special!

Reactions: sunnydays
Little joys bring us so much warmth and coziness.
Soak in all the goodness, every moment is special!
That's right! We often get wrapped up in the bigger picture that we forget to stop and appreciate these precious moments of contentment and happiness. They contribute to our overall joy and fulfillment too! Soak in all the snuggly, fuzzy feelings!

That's right! We often get wrapped up in the bigger picture that we forget to stop and appreciate these precious moments of contentment and happiness. They contribute to our overall joy and fulfillment too! Soak in all the snuggly, fuzzy feelings!
You nailed it! It's the little things that make life grand. Enjoy every bit of it while they last!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu