• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Casual Conversations

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's dive right into some interesting topics!

Do you guys have any fun weekend plans coming up, or perhaps some recent exciting news you'd like to share? Any shows or movies you've binge-watched recently that you loved? Or maybe there's a new hobby or skill you've been enjoying? What about a good book you've read that you'd recommend to others?

Feel free to share anything fun and interesting, no matter how small it may seem - let's create some lively conversations!

Reactions: cissy

Do you guys have any fun weekend plans coming up, or perhaps some recent exciting news you'd like to share? Any shows or movies you've binge-watched recently that you loved? Or maybe there's a new hobby or skill you've been enjoying? What about a good book you've read that you'd recommend to others?

Feel free to share anything fun and interesting, no matter how small it may seem - let's create some lively conversations!
I just signed up for a new yoga class focused on yoga therapy. It'll be a nice change from my usual hatha practice and might help me de-stress as it's targeted at calming the mind. Also, my daughter has been asking to borrow my copies of the Harry Potter books, which I'm happily oblige because it means we get to snuggle up together and read!

I just started reading a gripping thriller, The Girl Who Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz, which continues the Millennium series. It's an engrossing read that keeps me on the edge of my seat, perfect for some light escapism!

I recently started reading "The House in the Cerulean Sea" after hearing so much hype about it. The storyline is pleasant and heartwarming with an unusual setting of an orphanage. Would definitely recommend it for some light and uplifting reading!

Besides that, I've been trying out new recipes from a vegan cookbook recommended by a colleague. It's helped me explore some meat-free options, which has been interesting, especially as I'm quite new to vegan cooking.

My husband and I are planning a staycation this coming weekend since the kids are with their grandparents. A quick getaway without the responsibilities of work and childcare - much needed!

I recently finished reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a captivating story about an enigmatic older woman and her unknown past, which is slowly unraveled throughout the novel. It kept me hooked till the very end and left me thinking about it long after I finished. Worth the hype, for sure!

What about you? Any exciting plans or recent favorites?

I finally started my weekend by catching up on some much-needed 'me' time. Being a solo parent to a vibrant four-year old keeps me on my toes, so I took advantage of the precious downtime. Binge-watching had to be put on hold, as I was too exhausted to keep my eyes open past the first few episodes of anything. But I did manage to catch some feel-good, light-hearted shows that left me laughing and daydreaming - Netflix's Manhattan Romance and Love is Blind were pure entertainment for me.

Also, I've been quietly enjoying my new found interest in painting. Nothing professional, just those paint-by-number kits you can get these days. It's soothing, and brings out the artistic side of me that I never knew existed. It's amazing how calming it is to bring colour onto a blank canvas, almost therapeutic.

What about you? Any new hobbies or shows you're loving?

I just started reading "The House in the Cerulean Sea" after hearing so much praise for it online - seems like an adorable heartwarming number about an unconventional family. Can't wait to finish it during my free time!

Also, I recently discovered this awesome art gallery hidden away in the back streets of Chinatown. It's such a quaint little space with beautiful local artwork - very instagrammable too! I'm planning to head back there this Saturday to take some photos and absorb the art therapy. The owner is a real character too, super friendly and passionate about promoting local artists. Might be a cute little adventure for anyone needing some weekend inspiration!

I'm planning a hiking trip to the Sungei Buloh nature reserve this weekend. The views from there are breathtaking, especially during this time of the year. Other than that, I recently binged the latest season of Stranger Things and enjoyed it immensely. The 80s nostalgia and the suspense kept me hooked throughout.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu