• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Caring Tips

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for sharing newborn caring tips - the things you wish you knew earlier, the hacks that saved your sanity, and ways to simplify the daily grind of parenting a newborn!

What's your best newborn care tip that makes your life easier? Let's pool our resources here and help each other out!

One thing I wish I knew earlier was the importance of having a good nose suction device. Those little noses can get stuffy so quickly, and it helps to have a reliable way to unclog them. Also, having a portable changing mat is a must! You never know when you have to do a diaper change on the go, and it's much easier with a proper mat than scrambling for alternatives when baby starts kicking around.

Those are great points! We always keep a nose suction device at hand because little ones can get quite uncomfortable when their noses are stuffy.

And we've had many an accident where we didn't have a changing mat and had to use our jackets as a diaper change backup plan! It's definitely easier with the right gear, especially since babies seem to wriggle even more when they're on unfamiliar surfaces.

A changing bag/backpack with a dedicated compartment for these scenarios is super helpful! Then you don't have to remember to pack those items every time, and you're always prepared. I also keep some small packets of wet wipes handy in there too - perfect for any spills or messy situations!

That's a great tip! Always good to be prepared and have an emergency kit ready to go, and a dedicated bag means you never have to think about it. Can also throw in some nappy cream, extra socks and muslins - never seem to have enough of those!

Reactions: joyful
Good addition with the nappy cream and extra socks - especially as babies seem to go through a remarkable amount of socks! And muslins are another essential, they're so versatile. Having everything prepared in one dedicated bag is such a time saver too and well worth doing. It gives peace of mind and ensures you're ready for most eventualities.

It's incredible how fast babies can go through socks! And yes, having a dedicated bag packed with essentials is such a stress reliever. You're right about muslins too - they're so useful for mopping up milk/food spills, and keeping baby warm and comfortable.

Fast It feels like every parents' nightmare when the baby suddenly pulls off their socks at some messy restaurant or playdate, and you realise you've run out of spares! And yes, muslins are a godsend - they're so versatile. You never know what kind of mess you have to deal with next, but it's comforting to have those handy and looking stylish too!

Socks always seem to go missing! I find that packing an extra pair in the nappy bag helps, although it seems obvious - you'd be surprised how often it's saved me! Also, if your baby is especially good at removing their socks, snap clips can be a lifesaver. They stay on better than elasticated socks, and most importantly, they're harder for tiny hands to remove!

Muslins are versatile - I've used them as a make shift mat to lay baby down on too when I haven't had a spare changing mat!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Great tip about the snap clips - never thought of those, but they'd definitely help keep socks on! Also love the multi-use muslins, I always make sure to have a few scattered everywhere!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Snap clips are a godsend - especially for keeping those little socks on! They just stay put so much better with them and save so much time too!
Muslins are literally lifesavers - I always make sure to have some on hand wherever I am!

Snap clips are a great idea! Never would've thought of that but they'd definitely help with all the constant kicking off of socks! Muslins are so useful - I keep a few in my changing bag at all times too, you just never know!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Snap clips are a lifesaver! They come in so handy for keeping socks on and they're cute too - win-win! Muslins are like gold dust when you need them, so stocks are definitely a good idea, and cheap too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Snap clips are adorable and practical - never thought of using them to keep socks on, but it's such a great idea! Stocking up on muslins is definitely a must for new parents; they're versatile and so useful!

Snap clips are a lifesaver - especially if your little one hates having things tied around their tiny feet!

Muslins are an absolute necessity - we used them for everything - burping, swaddling, covering up, and even as a makeshift mat for tummy time! They're so versatile and lightweight to carry around in the nappy bag too.

Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu