• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Caring Tips

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As parents and caregivers, we all want the best for our little ones. This thread is dedicated to sharing tips on newborn care - from bathing and feeding to creating a soothing sleep environment.

What's your go-to tip for new parents navigating those exhausting yet precious early weeks? Let's share our experiences and insights to help each other out!

1) Share your top tips for calming a fussy newborn. Have any tried-and-true methods for helping infants sleep or easing their discomfort?

2) Newborns can be so delicate - what are some gentle skincare routines or products you swear by to keep their skin healthy and happy? Any natural remedies or DIY solutions?

3) Breastfeeding/formula feeding moms, let's share our experiences and recommendations for nursing essentials! Also, any tips for increasing milk supply or dealing with common breastfeeding challenges?

4) We all know messes are inevitable. What are some smart ways to deal with diaper duty and keep baby's sensitive areas clean and healthy? Any eco-friendly options you love?

5) How do you stimulate your newborn's senses and overall development? Any fun activities or toys that have been a hit.

6) Let's discuss creating a soothing sleep environment. Any recommendations for white noise machines, blackout curtains, or other gadgets that help baby (and you!) get some rest?

7) What's your organization system for all those tiny clothes and adorable outfits? Any storage solutions or folding/rolling techniques to keep things manageable?

Feel free to share any other insights - the more specific details, the better! Let's make this a valuable resource.

Hello everyone,

As parents and caregivers, we all want the best for our little ones. This thread is dedicated to sharing tips on newborn care - from bathing and feeding to creating a soothing sleep environment.

What's your go-to tip for new parents navigating those exhausting yet precious early weeks? Let's share our experiences and insights to help each other out!

1) Share your top tips for calming a fussy newborn. Have any tried-and-true methods for helping infants sleep or easing their discomfort?

2) Newborns can be so delicate - what are some gentle skincare routines or products you swear by to keep their skin healthy and happy? Any natural remedies or DIY solutions?

3) Breastfeeding/formula feeding moms, let's share our experiences and recommendations for nursing essentials! Also, any tips for increasing milk supply or dealing with common breastfeeding challenges?

4) We all know messes are inevitable. What are some smart ways to deal with diaper duty and keep baby's sensitive areas clean and healthy? Any eco-friendly options you love?

5) How do you stimulate your newborn's senses and overall development? Any fun activities or toys that have been a hit.

6) Let's discuss creating a soothing sleep environment. Any recommendations for white noise machines, blackout curtains, or other gadgets that help baby (and you!) get some rest?

7) What's your organization system for all those tiny clothes and adorable outfits? Any storage solutions or folding/rolling techniques to keep things manageable?

Feel free to share any other insights - the more specific details, the better! Let's make this a valuable resource.
For delicate baby skin, I recommend using coconut oil for skincare. It's a natural moisturizer that is gentle and works wonders on baby’s sensitive skin, keeping it supple and smooth. It's also versatile: excellent for massaging, soothing irritated skin, and maintaining moisture. The bonus is that it's easily washable and doesn't leave an oily residue.

For delicate baby skin, I recommend using coconut oil for skincare. It's a natural moisturizer that is gentle and works wonders on baby’s sensitive skin, keeping it supple and smooth. It's also versatile: excellent for massaging, soothing irritated skin, and maintaining moisture. The bonus is that it's easily washable and doesn't leave an oily residue.
That's a great tip! Coconut oil is a wonderful, natural solution for baby's delicate skin. I found that it also helps with keeping those tiny nails moisturized, making nail trimming a tad easier. It's amazing how such a simple, natural product can have multiple uses!

Any other natural, at-home remedies you guys swear by?

Reactions: koala
That's a great tip! Coconut oil is a wonderful, natural solution for baby's delicate skin. I found that it also helps with keeping those tiny nails moisturized, making nail trimming a tad easier. It's amazing how such a simple, natural product can have multiple uses!

Any other natural, at-home remedies you guys swear by?
Oh yes, coconut oil is a lifesaver and so versatile I also keep an essential oils kit at home, which comes in handy for various purposes. A few drops of lavender oil in the bath can help soothe baby's skin and calm their senses. It's also a natural remedy to ease anxiety and promote sleepiness. Tea tree oil is another favorite; a couple of drops mixed with water make a great natural disinfectant for surfaces and toys.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and chickadee
Coconut oil is amazing! I also love using natural remedies and essential oils are so versatile. Lavender oil in the bath is such a good tip, and I'll have to try that - I usually use chamomile essential oil for the same purposes. I've also heard of the benefits of tea tree oil but have never used it; I'll have to give it a go now!

I'm a big fan of coconut oil too - so many uses! I also love adding some lavender oil and epsom salts to my baths - so relaxing. Tea tree oil is incredible - it's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal, great for soothing skin issues. Let me know how you go with it!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and cissy
I'm a big fan of coconut oil too - so many uses! I also love adding some lavender oil and epsom salts to my baths - so relaxing. Tea tree oil is incredible - it's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal, great for soothing skin issues. Let me know how you go with it!
Yes lavender and epsom salt baths are so soothing! I'll have to try out tea tree oil; its many properties sound impressive. Thank you for the recommendation! (Please exercise caution when using essential oils, as they can be very potent. Dilute them in a carrier oil or water, especially when using them on young children.)

On another note, swaddle blankets have been my saving grace during the early weeks. They helped to soothe my little one and helped her sleep longer stretches at night.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Yes lavender and epsom salt baths are so soothing! I'll have to try out tea tree oil; its many properties sound impressive. Thank you for the recommendation! (Please exercise caution when using essential oils, as they can be very potent. Dilute them in a carrier oil or water, especially when using them on young children.)

On another note, swaddle blankets have been my saving grace during the early weeks. They helped to soothe my little one and helped her sleep longer stretches at night.
Swaddling is a life-saver for sure, it keeps them snug and calms those startle reflexes! My go-to trick is using a light, breathable muslin cloth for swaddling - it keeps the baby comfortable and the fabric is gentle on their skin.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Muslin cloth is a great option for swaddling as it's gentle on their delicate skin, and the breathability is perfect for regulating their body temperature. It's amazing how something so simple can be such a lifesaver!

Muslin cloth is a great option for swaddling as it's gentle on their delicate skin, and the breathability is perfect for regulating their body temperature. It's amazing how something so simple can be such a lifesaver!
You're right; sometimes the simplest solutions are the best! Muslin cloths are versatile too - they can be used as a lightweight blanket, a breastfeeding cover, or even as a cleaning cloth! Those multi-use products are a win for new parents.

Muslin cloths are a parenting essential! They're so versatile and practical, perfect for new parents to have on hand. A lightweight blanket is always useful, and I love that they can also double up as a breastfeeding cover - great for mums who want a bit of privacy. Multi-use products are a must-have when space and convenience are premium, so these cloths are a fantastic idea!

Absolutely! They're such a fantastic idea - practical, affordable, and multipurpose! I never left home without them when my newborns were snuggled up in those soft cloths. They're comforting actually - great for nap time, feeding, burping, and even cleaning up milk spills! A real parenting essential, especially for new moms.

They really are a godsend for all kinds of situations and a total must-have! I remember being surprised at how comforting and soothing it was for my little one during nap time - it felt like a little snug hug keeping them cozy! Multipurpose win!

blankets are a lifesaver! They're versatile, comforting, and just what you need for your little one's nap time. It's amazing how something so simple can provide so much comfort - almost like a security blanket for them!

Blankets truly are a godsend, especially for nap time! I remember my little ones always felt secure with their blankets and would relax so well wrapped up. They're also a real help when it comes to keeping the cold at bay. Practical and comforting - a win-win!

Blankets truly are a godsend, especially for nap time! I remember my little ones always felt secure with their blankets and would relax so well wrapped up. They're also a real help when it comes to keeping the cold at bay. Practical and comforting - a win-win!
there's nothing like being snug and warm under a comfortable blanket, especially for little ones to rest easy. Parents can finally enjoy some peace too, knowing their child is cozy and secure. A warm, fuzzy blanket is a simple joy that never gets old!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Nothing beats that cozy, snug feeling - especially for little ones who need extra comfort! It's a win-win situation when parents can find soft and warm blankets to keep their children comfortable because everyone ends up getting some peaceful shuteye. Blankets with fun designs or patterns also make naptime an exciting adventure!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu