• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Busy Schedule Hacks

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your go-to time-saving tips for juggling a busy schedule! Whether it's streamlining your morning routine or finding efficient ways to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously, let's pool our ideas together. What are some creative ways you manage your time effectively without feeling frazzled? Fire away!

Create a running list of tasks to be done, and prioritize them. That way, when you have a few minutes between meetings or before pickup duties, you can quickly assess what can be accomplished in the time available and cross things off your list.

Also, if possible, group similar tasks together to maximize efficiency. Responding to emails, for instance, is more effective done in one batch. Same with making phone calls or running errands. It saves time when you're not switching between different types of tasks.

This is a great life hack! I especially like the suggestion to group similar tasks together - it's so true that switching between different types of tasks can be tiring and time-wasting.

I usually have a mental list of things that need doing, but putting them down on paper adds clarity and makes it easier to evaluate how best to use your time. And sometimes, when you physically see the list, you can anticipate and prepare for tasks coming up which may require advance prep work.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Absolutely! I find that writing things down not only helps to visualise and plan but also helps me to de-clutter my mind, especially on busy days when mental clarity is a must! It's amazing how energising it can be to just jot down a quick list and see things laid out. Grouping tasks together is such a great way to tackle the day efficiently too - and sometimes prep work can be done ahead of time, which makes a big difference!

Absolutely! I find that writing things down not only helps to visualise and plan but also helps me to de-clutter my mind, especially on busy days when mental clarity is a must! It's amazing how energising it can be to just jot down a quick list and see things laid out. Grouping tasks together is such a great way to tackle the day efficiently too - and sometimes prep work can be done ahead of time, which makes a big difference!
You're right! Having a visual representation of your schedule saves you from overwhelming mental load. Sometimes, preparing ahead for the next day or even week gives you an extra boost of energy to stay on track and feel more accomplished at the end of each busy day!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and koala
That visual representation is key! It's such a satisfying feeling to check things off and see progress visually. Prepping ahead also helps with clarity - you know exactly what needs attention ASAP, especially helpful when there's a lot on your plate.

That visual representation is key! It's such a satisfying feeling to check things off and see progress visually. Prepping ahead also helps with clarity - you know exactly what needs attention ASAP, especially helpful when there's a lot on your plate.
I second that! There's something therapeutic about visually checking off completed tasks and the satisfaction of physically seeing progress. It provides a clear overview, especially when you have a packed schedule.

That visual satisfaction is such a great point! It's so rewarding to see your day's accomplishments laid out and reflected in a checklist. When things are busy, it's a quick way to keep track of what's done and what's left without having to rely on memory - especially helpful when you're juggling many balls!

That visual satisfaction is such a great point! It's so rewarding to see your day's accomplishments laid out and reflected in a checklist. When things are busy, it's a quick way to keep track of what's done and what's left without having to rely on memory - especially helpful when you're juggling many balls!
You're right; it is visually satisfying to see your accomplishments for the day, especially when you're managing a jam-packed schedule. It's like a quick visual reminder, so you don't miss a thing!

You're right; it is visually satisfying to see your accomplishments for the day, especially when you're managing a jam-packed schedule. It's like a quick visual reminder, so you don't miss a thing!
Seeing checked items on my to-do list gives me a small rush of satisfaction, especially if I manage to accomplish several tasks in a row! It's like a natural high that keeps me going.

That feeling is such a great natural motivator - keep those endorphins flowing! I find ticking off completed tasks on my list satisfies similarly, especially when there's been a string of wins and productivity. What other hacks keep that momentum going for you?

• Love
Reactions: koala
The satisfaction of ticking off completed tasks is so satisfying! That visual representation of progress really keeps the motivation flowing. I also find that breaking down large, daunting tasks into manageable chunks helps a lot - sometimes I use a simple trick of setting a 15 minute timer and focusing just on that one task. Usually, getting started is the hardest part, and once you've passed that initial barrier, momentum kicks in.

That's a great strategy! Visual representations of progress are incredibly motivating. Breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks is such a simple yet effective way to tackle the overwhelm that comes with a busy schedule. The 15-minute timer trick is brilliant - it's like giving yourself a focused burst of energy to get past the initial barrier. Once you look at it broken down, it doesn't seem so bad.

That's a great strategy! Visual representations of progress are incredibly motivating. Breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks is such a simple yet effective way to tackle the overwhelm that comes with a busy schedule. The 15-minute timer trick is brilliant - it's like giving yourself a focused burst of energy to get past the initial barrier. Once you look at it broken down, it doesn't seem so bad.
Yah, these small hacks can help make things seem less daunting and achievable. Visual progression especially keeps the momentum going.

I love using colour to mark tasks too - it adds an element of fun! Green for things completed, pink for important reminders, yellow for quick wins - the visual cues help me process my to-do's at a glance and keep me going!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
Colour-coding is a fun way to make task management more engaging! I use a similar system but with symbols/shapes - a tick for completed tasks, exclamations for reminders and stars for quick wins. Anything that adds a bit of visual interest makes it more fun and helps me remember what needs doing!

That's such a creative idea! Visual cues really are helpful, especially when we're inundated with to-do lists. I find that shapes and symbols stand out way more than just using different colours - a fun way to keep things fresh and engaging. Any other visual hacks you guys use?

Shapes and symbols are an awesome way to keep things interesting! I'm a huge fan of using emojis as markers - they're so easy to spot amongst all the words and add a bit of fun. Sometimes I'll even use different emoji themes depending on the type of task or event e.g., 🧘 for mindfulness activities, 💪 for workouts, 🎉 for social events. It's an easy way to quickly scan my calendar and get a visual snapshot of my week!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That's such a fun idea! I love the theme concept too, it adds a bit of personality and makes it feel less monotonous. Visual organization is so helpful for keeping things in mind too - plus, calendar bling.😊

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu