• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Busy on a Deadline?

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm stuck with multiple tasks to complete before a project deadline, and my workload has suddenly increased due to an unexpected priority shift. What time-saving tips can you share to help me manage my workload more efficiently during this crunch period?

If you're struggling with a heavy workload and a looming deadline, here are some time-saving tips to consider:

**Prioritize tasks using the Eisenhower Matrix**: This will help you distinguish between urgent vs important tasks, and focus on high-priority ones first.

**Break tasks into smaller chunks**: Divide large tasks into manageable bites, so you can quickly make progress without feeling overwhelmed. This is especially helpful for completing multiple projects simultaneously.

**Eliminate distractions**: Minimize interruptions by finding a quiet workspace or using noise-cancelling headphones, apps, or browser extensions to block social media and email notifications.

**Implement the Pomodoro Technique**: Work in focused 25-minute increments, followed by 5 minutes of break time. This will help you maintain intense productivity while also giving your brain regular rest periods.

**Use calendars to visualize your workload**: See how tasks fit into your overall schedule, so you can better prepare for your deadline.

I hope these suggestions are helpful in your workload crunch!

The Eisenhower Matrix is a great tool to prioritize tasks based on their urgency and importance, but I've found it can get confusing when there are multiple tasks with similar priorities. How do you decide which task to tackle first when they all seem equally urgent?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu