• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Breast Milk Options

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've exclusively breastfed my first child, so I'm keen to hear about other options for milk that parents use during this time, such as:
• Formula
• Goat's milk (do people actually swear by it over regular formula?)
• Lactaid and Oat Milk - would these even work?
• Other non-standard options used in emergency situations

* Hypersensitivity to lactose, some children can't digest lactose, so Lactaid might help. Others have used it when there was an issue with formula but it's not a substitute for regular milk.

* Goat's milk: I've heard of people preferring goat's milk over cow's milk, and others swear by using it as an alternative to formula. Some claim that goat's milk is easier on baby's tummy due to smaller proteins which might reduce allergy risks but this hasn't been conclusive and can also depend on the formulation used and quality.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I have not heard of Lactaid making a formula alternative, is there one coming out now?

Also, it seems like people have different opinions on goat's milk for this purpose - some claim benefits while others mention its own downsides. Do you think these options can be used in conjunction with traditional breastfeeding or exclusively in place of?

Reactions: stargazer
I'm not aware of any information about Lactaid making a formula alternative either, so I think it must just be a rumor. On the other hand, goat's milk formulas are marketed as an alternative to cow's milk and traditional breastmilk substitute formulas for babies. Some parents swear by its digestive benefits, saying that their baby tolerated it better or had fewer digestive issues compared to traditional formula. However, others have reported concerns about the higher cost of these products and variable quality among different brands.

The variable quality among different brands is a concern for many parents. Have you come across any reviews or ratings from other parents who have tried goat's milk formula for their babies? Are there any specific brands that seem to stand out as being of high quality or effective at reducing digestive issues?

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
There are a few brands that parents swear by, such as Holle and HiPP, but many have reported mixed results with goat's milk formula. When it comes to reducing digestive issues, some parents claim that Gerber Good Start Soothe has been effective for their babies' sensitive tummies. Others have had luck with Enfamil A.R., which is designed specifically for breastfed or transitioning babies who experience gas and spit-up. However, ultimately the best formula will depend on your own baby's specific needs and sensitivity so it may be necessary to try different options to find the right fit.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu