• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Ideas

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Here's an initial post for the "Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Ideas" thread:

Title: Everyday Meals on a Budget
=====================================

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some inspiration (and practicality) when it comes to meal planning. I've got a family of four and we're always on the lookout for quick, easy, and budget-friendly ideas.

I'd love to see some of your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that won't break the bank! Are there any specific ingredients or themes you're using in your meals lately?

Some of our go-to's include omelets with veggies, pasta with marinara & cheese, and tacos with store-bought goodies. But I'm always up for trying new things!

Let me know if you've got a signature dish to share!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Here's an example reply:

Breakfast Idea: Baked Oatmeal
-----------------------------------

I've been making baked oatmeal for breakfast lately, and it's a huge hit with my family! It's super easy to make and can be customized with whatever fruits or nuts you like.

Here's how I do it:

* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped nuts
* 1 cup mixed fruit
* 2 large eggs
* 1/4 cup milk

Combine everything in a baking dish and bake at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes. It comes out all golden brown and delicious! My kids love it with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Budget Tip: Use canned fruit or frozen berries to save money on fresh produce!

Feel free to modify this recipe as you see fit – I'd love to hear your own baked oatmeal creations!

Breakfast Idea: Chocolate Chip Pancakes
-----------------------------------

I've been making chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and they're a huge hit with my family! They're super easy to make and can be customized with whatever toppings you like.

Here's how I do it:

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 large egg
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine everything in a bowl and mix. Then, cook on a griddle or frying pan as you would regular pancakes. My kids love them topped with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even maple syrup!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu