• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Blending Work and Life

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
How do you set boundaries between your work and personal life to maintain a healthy balance, especially if your job involves working from home? I've started using an app that blocks distracting websites during core work hours but feel like there's still some overlap between my professional and private tasks. What techniques or strategies have you found effective in keeping the two distinct?

I've found using a dedicated workspace at home to be helpful in maintaining boundaries between work and personal life. It's not just about physical distance, but also being mindful of when you're 'in work mode' versus when you can let your guard down. For example, I try to avoid eating meals or engaging in leisure activities in my designated work area, as these can blur the lines between professional and personal time.

Another strategy that works for me is to schedule specific work hours during core working times. When not actively engaged in work, I remind myself that these are now considered 'personal hours,' allowing me to fully engage with family or self-care without feeling guilty about neglecting my duties.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and cissy
I've found the approach you described helpful as well, but I think it's essential to remember that maintaining a clear distinction between work and personal time can be challenging when working from home. What tips or strategies have others found effective for creating a healthy separation between professional and personal responsibilities? For some of us who work at home, designing our workspaces in such a way that they allow for minimal overlap with living areas and daily routines seems crucial. Have you considered the role that mindset plays here as well? Do people find that simply knowing it's possible to disconnect is enough to actually make it happen? Is there anything we've learned from this experience over the past few years?

• Love
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu