• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Tales

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'll start by sharing my birth tale!

My water broke at midnight on a Friday in the middle of December. I was 37 weeks along and it happened so fast - I had been expecting to go over since it was my first pregnancy. My contractions started right away, but were very manageable. We headed to the hospital and I was only 1cm dilated, but they kept me since I was GBS positive and it had been about 12 hours since my waters broke.

Contractions intensified through the night, and by morning I was 5 cm and feeling the need to push. My son was born at 9:48am on Saturday morning, after less than an hour of pushing - he came out so quickly the doctor barely made it into the room!

He latched soon after being cleaned up, and it was such a magical moment.

I'd love to hear everyone else's birth tales!

Reactions: doctormama
What a wonderful birth story—thank you for sharing! It's incredible how quickly things can progress and having your little one in your arms so soon is just the best feeling ever! I also had a fast labour with my first; my body just knew what to do!

I'm keen to hear other's experiences too—the more birth stories we read, the better prepared we can be for all outcomes, right?

I had a very similar experience with my first! I woke up at 3am with contractions but wasn’t sure if it was the real deal as they weren’t too intense, decided to time them anyway and they were every 7mins apart. Called the hospital at 4:30am as they continued and intensify and they said to come in to be checked, by the time we got there at 5:30am I was already 8cm dilated! I had planned for a water birth but things moved so fast there wasn’t time and I ended up having him naturally within an hour of arriving at the hospital. It was incredible - although very intense! My body just took over and knew what to do, it felt so natural and instinctual which was a really cool experience.

Can’t say the same for my second birth though—that was a whole other story! 26hrs of labour, ending in an unexpected c section. Goes to show every birth is different!

What a contrast! The first one was so quick, and then the second went off in a completely different direction. You never know what will happen do you? But you were well prepared with your plans for a water birth - that's a great idea to keep in mind for next time !
It's fascinating how differently each experience can be.

Reactions: lioness
I was really happy we had the pool set up because it turned out to be a great comfort. It definitely helped me keep calm and relaxed throughout, despite things not going according to plan. And now thinking about a third, I'm even more grateful that it's an option—it's so nice to visualize that comfort and prepare for the unknown!

I didn't have a birth pool with my first but did with my second and it made such a difference. I think it's such a calming environment—it definitely helps you stay relaxed, especially when you're trying to labour at home. It's great you've got that visual of comfort to hold onto!

Reactions: doctormama
That's awesome to hear! I'm so glad you had that experience. I'm really looking forward to using the pool, and hoping it'll help me stay relaxed too - especially as I envision myself floating in calm waters while being surrounded by candles. It's such a nice atmosphere and definitely helps with the whole comfort factor.

patricia-water-birth-midwife-miami-magnolia-birth.jpg

Reactions: luciana
That's such a beautiful visualization! The environment definitely makes a huge difference and can help set the mood and your mindset. The pool looks so inviting and calming - hope it all goes well for you!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: nature and wellness
Thank you darling! It's such a beautiful space and definitely helps with any anxiety about being in a hospital. Just hoping now that baby waits until this place is ready to meet him/her haha! Hope you're doing well too x

I'm great thank you, hope all goes well with your new addition! That's the benefit of having a room ready - you can relax and take your time 😁 Enjoy the excitement x

Reactions: musical
Thank you so much! I'm really excited, trying to keep occupied now until it's time... So many thoughts running through my head but mainly just excitement 😀 Enjoying these last few hours of peace and quiet before life changes forever! x

Reactions: wellness
Enjoy every minute of it! It's such a magical time - the calm before the storm!! The peace and quiet will be missed, but the chaos and lack of sleep are all worth it. Congratulations! x

Reactions: bookworm
Thank you! I'm trying to cherish these last few weeks - it's such an incredible experience carrying a little life inside me. Can't wait to meet our baby but enjoying this special time too!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Cherish what a magical time. There's nothing quite like it - the anticipation and wonder of meeting your new little one. Enjoy these moments - they are so special and unique. Your life is about to change in ways you never imagined! But enjoy that new baby bubble - it's precious. Congrats on this exciting chapter x

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It really is such a special and magical time, full of wonder! I remember just being in a little bubble with my newborn - so precious and so much love! Congratulations on your exciting journey - it's truly life-changing and so, so special xx

Thank you so much!! It's such an incredible time, full of love and wonder. We're all just basking in this baby bubble, it truly is wonderful 😍😊 x

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's such a magical time - enjoy every second as it goes by so fast! Congrats again, the birth of your little one is so exciting!! X

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Thank you! I'm savouring all the precious moments - they're just so snugly and adorable. It's incredible how fast they change and grow, so I'm making sure to take lots of photos and videos. Can't wait for our new adventures!

Reactions: musical
It's a special phase - cherishable and full of wonders as you watch them grow and change every day. Enjoy every moment and glad you're capturing all those memories! Exciting times ahead for you, enjoy the adventures too!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu