• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Tales

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Many mothers shared their differing but ultimately uplifting birth stories, which all involved intense labour and contractions that led to the exhilarating arrival of their children. From knowing instinctively that the time had come, to feeling empowered and euphoric throughout the process, to being overcome with an incredible natural high once their baby was born, these positive accounts celebrate the strength and resilience of the female body. While some mothers described quick labours lasting less than a few hours, others shared experiences lasting up to 24 hours or more, including one who required an emergency C-section. Despite the variations in length and intensity, all the mums agreed that the intense emotion, raw joy and natural high experienced after giving birth was a reward that made it all worthwhile. There's an unmistakable thrill and profound impact that comes with bringing new life into the world, and these women look back on their birth stories with wonder and delight.

This is such an interesting topic! I'll start off by saying my birth story began with me waking up one morning and knowing immediately that labor was imminent. I was 38 weeks pregnant, and while it wasn't my first child, I knew this feeling all too well.

Contractions started slowly, around 4 am, and intensified rapidly over the next two hours until they were consistent and intense. We arrived at the hospital by 7 am, and from there things progressed quickly.

Despite the intensity and speed of everything, it was an incredibly empowering experience - almost euphoric at times. I labored in a tub which helped immensely, and after fifteen hours since contractions began, our baby boy was born healthy, and screaming!

It was such an incredible, natural high, and while it was physically demanding, the whole experience was so exhilarating. I feel so fortunate that everything went smoothly, and I look forward to experiencing that natural high again with future pregnancies.

Has anyone else got a positive and empowering birth story they'd like to share? It's such a special and unique experience and one we should celebrate!

Reactions: cissy
Birth stories are often shared as frightening, bloody and painful but it's great to hear about your positive and empowering experience!

For first-time mums especially, the whole idea of labour can be daunting so it's encouraging to hear about your euphoric, natural high - must be that beautiful newborn baby snuggle reward at the end!

I had a similar experience with my second born. Woke up with that same gut feeling to head to the hospital, and after a quick but intense labour, my girl was born - also screaming her lungs out! It's an incredible rush of emotions and such an achievement, even though it's a very natural process.

Birth stories are often shared as frightening, bloody and painful but it's great to hear about your positive and empowering experience!

For first-time mums especially, the whole idea of labour can be daunting so it's encouraging to hear about your euphoric, natural high - must be that beautiful newborn baby snuggle reward at the end!

I had a similar experience with my second born. Woke up with that same gut feeling to head to the hospital, and after a quick but intense labour, my girl was born - also screaming her lungs out! It's an incredible rush of emotions and such an achievement, even though it's a very natural process.
I also had a similar feeling with my second pregnancy. I just knew it was time although the contractions weren't as regular or intense when they started. But man, once we got to the hospital, things moved quickly! It's an incredible feeling to welcome a new life after such an empowering experience.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I also had a similar feeling with my second pregnancy. I just knew it was time although the contractions weren't as regular or intense when they started. But man, once we got to the hospital, things moved quickly! It's an incredible feeling to welcome a new life after such an empowering experience.
It's amazing how our bodies can instinctively tell us when it's time - nature is incredible and has its ways of surprising us! That intense yet rewarding fast-paced labour you experienced must have been exhilarating, especially with a newborn to cuddle at the end. It's a memorable high indeed!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's amazing how our bodies can instinctively tell us when it's time - nature is incredible and has its ways of surprising us! That intense yet rewarding fast-paced labour you experienced must have been exhilarating, especially with a newborn to cuddle at the end. It's a memorable high indeed!
Birth stories fascinating! Each birth is unique, like a mountain to conquer. Your description of the contractions and quick arrival at the hospital is intense - a blur of excitement and adrenaline. And how amazing that you found the experience empowering and euphoric!

The body's strength to endure and bring life is incredible. An exhilarating adventure, leaving an indelible mark on the heart. A memorable journey, unique and special in its own right.

Reactions: joyful
Birth stories fascinating! Each birth is unique, like a mountain to conquer. Your description of the contractions and quick arrival at the hospital is intense - a blur of excitement and adrenaline. And how amazing that you found the experience empowering and euphoric!

The body's strength to endure and bring life is incredible. An exhilarating adventure, leaving an indelible mark on the heart. A memorable journey, unique and special in its own right.
You're making me relive the thrills and chills of childbirth - what an adventure! I still get goosebumps remembering that surreal feeling of bringing life into the world. There's no greater high than that!

You're making me relive the thrills and chills of childbirth - what an adventure! I still get goosebumps remembering that surreal feeling of bringing life into the world. There's no greater high than that!
It never grows old, does it? That incredible, otherworldly experience. The memories are a treasure to keep and cherish forever.

Reactions: cissy
It never grows old, does it? That incredible, otherworldly experience. The memories are a treasure to keep and cherish forever.
There's nothing quite like it - the sensation is unique and incredibly special. Every birth story is different, but the raw emotion and awe-inspiring wonder of it all remain. Those memories are precious and worth savouring.

There's nothing quite like it - the sensation is unique and incredibly special. Every birth story is different, but the raw emotion and awe-inspiring wonder of it all remain. Those memories are precious and worth savouring.
Oh yes, every detail of that day is branded into my memory. It was a blur yet also hyper-real at the same time, if that makes sense! The sights, sounds, and especially the raw emotions experienced were so intense.

Reactions: sportytina
Oh yes! I also felt the exact same way when I gave birth to my first child - it was super empowering and an incredible natural high!

I didn't have an easy pregnancy leading up to it, so I was quite anxious towards the end. But the contractions were a clear sign that things were moving along, and the whole experience, though challenging, was incredibly exhilarating. The midwife was amazing, and the relief and joy I felt after holding my baby in my arms were overwhelming! It's definitely a day I'll never forget - it's such a special memory!

Birth tales, whoa! You lucky one!

I thought I was gonna die when I was in labour. It was like being perpetually crushed from the inside out - so painful! And there was so much blood and fluid everywhere - I couldn’t believe it! But the sheer joy of actually holding my baby after all that…Wowee! Made me wanna do it all over again!

Reactions: lioness
For me, it wasn't as smooth sailing! I was in labor for almost 24 hours, and had to get an emergency C-section in the end because the baby's heart rate kept dropping. But like you, I also felt this enormous sense of empowerment afterwards - despite the surgery, I felt elated and so proud of myself, and even more in love with my little one when he was placed in my arms. It's an incredible feeling isn't it, and definitely worth all the pain and effort!

I had an almost similar experience! My contractions started at around 2am and the entire process was super quick. Was admitted into hospital around 9am and my baby girl was born less than two hours later! The whole thing was so fast that I barely had time to process it - it was also my first child.

Like you, I felt an incredible natural high after everything and I think that feeling alone makes all the pain and intensity so worth it! Would definitely love to hear more positive birth stories. They're so inspiring!

Reactions: sportytina
I also had a positive birth experience, though very different from yours!

I was induced due to medical reasons and the process was surprisingly chill and painless at first - the contractions started slowly and were bearable. I laboured mostly in the shower, which helped ease the pain so much, and also used hypnobirth techniques my doula taught me.

Things got intense near the end but thankfully, after 28 hours, a healthy baby girl was born! I needed some stitches but didn't feel a thing due to the blissful aftermath adrenaline rush you spoke of. It was an incredible, empowering experience and I'd definitely do it again - that natural high is addictive!

That's awesome to hear! Your body just knows what to do and when - sounds like a really smooth, empowering experience.

I also had a fairly easy time during the birth of my first child. Everything went so quickly that I barely made it to the hospital in time - contraction started around 8am and by 4pm, I was holding my baby girl in my arms. No medications, no complications - just an intense but exhilarating few hours!

It's such a unique high; like nothing else comes close!

That's awesome to hear! Your body just knows what to do and when - sounds like a really smooth, empowering experience.

I also had a fairly easy time during the birth of my first child. Everything went so quickly that I barely made it to the hospital in time - contraction started around 8am and by 4pm, I was holding my baby girl in my arms. No medications, no complications - just an intense but exhilarating few hours!

It's such a unique high; like nothing else comes close!
Birth stories are unique and special - a wild ride, but in an exhilarating way!

Your experience sounds incredibly smooth and swift, almost dreamy compared to mine haha! I was induced which added a few twists but ultimately led to a fab outcome. That adrenaline rush after is truly something else - it's like a reward for the hard work and you forget all the pain instantly!

I'm realizing now that these natural highs are like a special kind of addiction 😄 They make all the tough bits so worth it!

Reactions: doctormama
Birth stories are unique and special - a wild ride, but in an exhilarating way!

Your experience sounds incredibly smooth and swift, almost dreamy compared to mine haha! I was induced which added a few twists but ultimately led to a fab outcome. That adrenaline rush after is truly something else - it's like a reward for the hard work and you forget all the pain instantly!

I'm realizing now that these natural highs are like a special kind of addiction 😄 They make all the tough bits so worth it!
Induction can definitely add some extra challenges but it's great that despite the twists, you still had a fabulous outcome! And I totally agree - that rush of adrenaline and endorphins is an incredible feeling. It's nature's way of helping us forget the tough parts and keep coming back for more!

Each birth experience is so different and special in its own way; definitely a unique high and an incredible natural buzz!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
I had a similar feeling with my second - just knew labour was coming, woke up and contraction timer app at the ready! Mine was also relatively quick - 8 hours from first contraction to meeting our new baby girl.

The sense of achievement after was incredible - like you say, such a natural high! And yeah, it's an unforgettable experience, even with the pain and exhaustion.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu