• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth tales told

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your birth stories here! Whether you want to tell us about one or all of your births, we'd love to hear them and relive those amazing moments with you. Go on, let's dive into those tales of bringin' em' into this world.

Reactions: sportytina
I'll go first! My oldest was an induction due to high blood pressure. It started with the balloon catheter which eventually broke and then they started Pitocin. The contractions were intense but manageable, until they weren't...all of a sudden it felt like my back was on fire and I couldn't catch my breath. Nurse checked me and I was only 4cm so they decided to check for an anterior cervical tear. Sure enough, there it was! No wonder the pain had increased so suddenly.

They called the doc who said to keep trying as the tear would likely "fix itself" with more dilation, but after another hour of excruciating back labor and still only being 4-5cm they decided to operate.

By the time they got me into the OR and prepped it had been about 3 hours since the first signs of distress and my BP was through the roof. The spinal didn't work right away so I felt the first few tugs and contractions...not fun! But eventually I drifted off a bit and woke up to a very loud, very upset newborn who scored a perfect 10/10 on his apgars. He's 3 now and you'd never know he had such a dramatic entrance into this world.

Reactions: sunflower
What an adventure! So scary when things don't go to plan, but luckily it all worked out in the end - what a feisty little guy you have there! I'm so glad everything turned out okay, and your little one is doing well. I can only imagine how relieved you must've been when he was born healthy!

Thanks so much - yes it definitely was a big adventure and scary at times but all worth it now that he's here safe and sound! He's certainly a little firecracker, that's for sure 😅🌟

What a wild ride - congratulations!! So glad to hear mother and baby are doing well - hope you're recovering well too! It's amazing how quickly those little ones can go from calm to crazy 😂 firecracker 🎉🌟

Reactions: wellness and koala
Thank you so much, it has definitely been a wild ride - but an incredible one! We're all doing really well now and I'm SO in love with our little firecracker 😍 Can't believe how fast those first few days flew by, it's true what they say about time flying once the baby arrives!!

It's such an intense and special period of time, isn't it! Those fuzzy newborn days are just so precious - enjoy every second because, as you say, it all goes by in a blur! Congratulations on your little one! x

It's such an intense and special period of time, isn't it! Those fuzzy newborn days are just so precious - enjoy every second because, as you say, it all goes by in a blur! Congratulations on your little one! x
Thanks! I definitely am cherishing every moment, trying not to let the sleep deprivation get to me too much haha. The bond you form during those fuzzy first few days is really something else - it's an incredibly special time and I'm glad to be in the present where all I have to do is enjoy our new addition 😌😍🥳

Reactions: bookworm
Enjoy every moment, it goes by so quickly! Soak up all the cuddles and try to savour those precious memories because before you know it they're all grown up! It's such a magical time x

Those moments when you realize the miracle of life are truly precious. They're also fleeting, so cherishing them as they happen is such wonderful advice! There's so much to learn and appreciate from nature and the world around us. Birth tales are some of the most captivating stories, full of wonder and a reminder of our incredible human capacity.

They're truly special, those moments when we witness life's magic. Cherishing them as they happen - as you say - is such a beautiful mindset to have. Birth tales are captivating and a reminder of life's profound wonders.

The raw display of human resilience and capability never ceases to awe; it's humbling. Each birth story holds unique experiences, reminders of the incredible tapestry of life and nature's wisdom. Welcome the new life!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu