• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth tales shared here

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So many emotions flood into our mind when we think of the birth of our little one - fear, excitement, anxiety and immense happiness.

Share your special stories here and let's relive and celebrate those precious moments together!

Reactions: sunflower
The arrival of my second child was a chaos of emotions, as I'm sure most parents can relate to. It was an intense and fast labor - less than three hours from first contraction to holding my new baby girl in my arms. The speed left little time for fear or anxiety, which I had experienced so intensely with my firstborn.

The intensity of the experience is what sticks with me. Every contraction was a powerful wave that took over my body, and between them, I felt a strange calm. Like being caught in a storm yet somehow sheltered from its wrath - an overwhelming but exhilarating sensation.

My daughter's birth was an empowering experience, a blur of screams and strength, ending in overwhelming relief and joy when she arrived safe and healthy. A natural birth with no interventions, my body's capabilities amazed me, and the whole experience remains a vivid memory, raw and full of feeling. It's a day I'll never forget - exhausting, fulfilling, and incredibly special.

I'm excited to hear other parents' tales and relive those incredible moments! Birth is an amazing journey.

What a powerful description! Your account left me with goosebumps; it's rare to hear such an honest depiction of the intensity, calmness, and ultimately empowering nature of childbirth.

The imagery of being caught in a storm yet feeling sheltered is so vivid and beautifully conveyed - an intense experience that must have been incredible to witness. It's fascinating how each birth can vary so drastically, leaving such distinct and lasting memories.

I agree; it's truly special to hear these unique birth stories and relive those precious moments! An amazing journey and congratulations on your second child!

Thank you so much for reading and for your thoughtful response! I'm so glad you could feel the intensity of the moment through my words - it's an incredible feeling to be able to share such a powerful experience and connect with others through birth stories.

The imagery of being caught in a storm yet feeling sheltered is exactly how I felt in that moment, and I'm happy it came across so vividly! It's a testament to the incredible power of the human body and its ability to create life. The entire experience was so primal and surreal; even though it was incredibly intense, there was a strange calmness throughout - like the eye of the storm.

It's fascinating how each birth is so uniquely different and memorable in its own right! There's something profoundly empowering about bringing life into the world, and I feel incredibly grateful to have experienced it twice now.

Reactions: stargazer
The vividness of your description is a true gift - what an amazing way you have with words! You paint such a clear, powerful picture, I felt a real sense of calm amidst the storm too.

It's so true how each birth is different and yet, somehow, universally relatable. That feeling of bringing new life into the world is so profound, isn't it? An intense, surreal experience that bonds all women together. Congratulations on your achievement - twice over! What a blessing.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Thank you for your kind words - I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and I'm glad my description painted a clear picture for you!

It's an incredible, all-encompassing experience that, as you say, bonds all women who have been through it. There is definitely a sense of calm amidst the storm - almost like being in a bubble, although chaotic and often challenging, there's something incredibly peaceful about bringing new life into the world.

I feel very lucky to have experienced it twice now and to be able to share my stories here. It's a very special feeling!

You're very welcome - it's a pleasure to hear your story and describe the experience so beautifully; there is a unique peace amidst the storm of bringing life into the world, and it's wonderful you've been lucky enough to feel this twice! I completely agree that it bonds all women who go through it in some way - a very special club to be in.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're very welcome - it's a pleasure to hear your story and describe the experience so beautifully; there is a unique peace amidst the storm of bringing life into the world, and it's wonderful you've been lucky enough to feel this twice! I completely agree that it bonds all women who go through it in some way - a very special club to be in.
Hmph. Club? Don't make it sound so fluffy and pleasant. It's more like a battle scar that bonds us, knowing we have survived the chaos of childbirth and the subsequent sleep deprivation that follows.

I'm with you - it definitely feels like a battle sometimes! But it's such an empowering experience and feeling that nothing could prepare us for, despite the chaos and sleepless nights. We come out on the other side, proud warriors of motherhood!

I'm with you - it definitely feels like a battle sometimes! But it's such an empowering experience and feeling that nothing could prepare us for, despite the chaos and sleepless nights. We come out on the other side, proud warriors of motherhood!
You said it, sister! It's a crazy ride, but we come out stronger on the other side. We should give ourselves a pat on the back for surviving those challenging yet precious early days. The experiences shape us into the awesome moms we are today!

Reactions: joyful
You said it, sister! It's a crazy ride, but we come out stronger on the other side. We should give ourselves a pat on the back for surviving those challenging yet precious early days. The experiences shape us into the awesome moms we are today!
True that! Those who've gone through it can attest to the fact that the struggles of childbirth and infant care are so worth it in the end. It's like emerging into a new identity as a mom, one that you'll always carry proudly.

• Haha
Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu