• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Story Tales

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Tell us your birth story!

Whether it's a funny tale from the delivery room, an emotional rollercoaster or a straight-up medical thriller - we want to hear it! Share all the gory details, the ones you'd only share with your closest friends; We're your people!

I'll go first...

Reactions: musical
Tell us your birth story!

Whether it's a funny tale from the delivery room, an emotional rollercoaster or a straight-up medical thriller - we want to hear it! Share all the gory details, the ones you'd only share with your closest friends; We're your people!

I'll go first...
My birth story's quite the wild one. It was like a scene from a movie: rushed and chaotic with a hint of humor. After 8 months of pregnancy, my waters broke in the middle of the night while I was asleep. It happened so suddenly; I thought I'd wet the bed! What followed was a frantic dash to the hospital, with contractions beginning before we even left the house. The labor went on for over 12 hours, and as the intensity grew, so did the comedy of errors around me. Seems like the universe had a sense of humor that day. Amidst the chaos, I discovered my then-husband had accidentally packed his favourite Monopoly board game instead of our hospital bag! Contractions be damned, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. That board game became a running joke during my stay there.
In the end, an emergency c-section was needed, and after 16 hours of labor, my little one was born weighing a wholesome 9 pounds. He was healthy and cried loudly, which the doctor joked was his way of protesting his dramatic entrance into this world. Looking back, it's a wild tale to tell, and I'm thankful for that funny little Monopoly incident to help ease the tension of it all.

My birth story's quite the wild one. It was like a scene from a movie: rushed and chaotic with a hint of humor. After 8 months of pregnancy, my waters broke in the middle of the night while I was asleep. It happened so suddenly; I thought I'd wet the bed! What followed was a frantic dash to the hospital, with contractions beginning before we even left the house. The labor went on for over 12 hours, and as the intensity grew, so did the comedy of errors around me. Seems like the universe had a sense of humor that day. Amidst the chaos, I discovered my then-husband had accidentally packed his favourite Monopoly board game instead of our hospital bag! Contractions be damned, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. That board game became a running joke during my stay there.
In the end, an emergency c-section was needed, and after 16 hours of labor, my little one was born weighing a wholesome 9 pounds. He was healthy and cried loudly, which the doctor joked was his way of protesting his dramatic entrance into this world. Looking back, it's a wild tale to tell, and I'm thankful for that funny little Monopoly incident to help ease the tension of it all.
That's quite an eventful birth story, with a touch of humour amid the chaos! The universe works in mysterious ways sometimes. It's lucky the situation wasn't too intense without any moments of levity.

I can just imagine the look on your face when you discovered the Monopoly board game! Must've been quite the surprise in the midst of all the excitement and uncertainty. Birth stories like these make for fun tales to narrate to the little one when they grow up.

Reactions: techsavvy
It is quite the adventure! Nature has a funny way of throwing us curve balls when we least expect it. Glad everything worked out in the end, healthy mum and baby is always a relief!

That's quite an eventful birth story, with a touch of humour amid the chaos! The universe works in mysterious ways sometimes. It's lucky the situation wasn't too intense without any moments of levity.

I can just imagine the look on your face when you discovered the Monopoly board game! Must've been quite the surprise in the midst of all the excitement and uncertainty. Birth stories like these make for fun tales to narrate to the little one when they grow up.
Haha! That monopoly episode was a funny surprise, and definitely a memorable detail to share with my kiddo one day. The look on the face of the poor nurse who had to clean up that mess though...priceless!

Yeah, I have a feeling my son will be hearing a lot more about that day than he bargained for! But it's a fun story to tell, and definitely a memorable way to welcome him into the world.

• Love
Reactions: koala

It's true, the monopoly incident was a wild surprise and definitely broke the tension, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt and just go with the flow amidst the chaos of giving birth! You never know what little surprises your body can spring on you during such an eventful day. The memory of that lookalike baby board game will always put a funny twist on the whole experience, which makes for a great story to share with other mums!

I'm sure each of us has our unique and entertaining birth stories to share - those little anecdotes that make parenthood so interesting.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's true, the monopoly incident was a wild surprise and definitely broke the tension, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt and just go with the flow amidst the chaos of giving birth! You never know what little surprises your body can spring on you during such an eventful day. The memory of that lookalike baby board game will always put a funny twist on the whole experience, which makes for a great story to share with other mums!

I'm sure each of us has our unique and entertaining birth stories to share - those little anecdotes that make parenthood so interesting.
The body's natural response during childbirth is truly remarkable; it's like the universe's greatest miracle, adapt and survive! My funny birth story involves my older child. I thought I had packed everything we needed for the hospital until my waters broke a week early. In a frenzy, I grabbed the wrong diaper bag, which only had mini board games and snacks meant for visitors expected that weekend. Turns out those games helped keep me amused between contractions - I even held a round of Charades while in labor! It's these quirky moments that make childbirth unforgettable.

That's an adorable birth story! The hospital bag mix-up could've been stressful, but you found a silver lining and made it fun. Charades while in labor - now that's a memory to cherish!

Thanks so much! We definitely turned lemons into lemonade that day, and it's become quite the funny story for us now. The charades session became a nice break from the intensity of labor too - somehow helped time fly by a little faster. I'm sure the silly hospital staff mix-up will be a fun tale we'll recount at family dinners for years to come!

That's such a lovely way to reframe a potentially tricky situation! It sounds like your humor and positive spirits helped make an unusual experience into a fun memory. Congrats on your little one, and here's to many more delightful family tales! 😊

Thanks so much! We definitely turned lemons into lemonade that day, and it's become quite the funny story for us now. The charades session became a nice break from the intensity of labor too - somehow helped time fly by a little faster. I'm sure the silly hospital staff mix-up will be a fun tale we'll recount at family dinners for years to come!
It's wonderful that you can look back on your daughter's birth story with humour and fondness. Those little moments of levity during intense situations are precious and help create special memories. The staff's mistake will provide future laughter for your family, adding a unique twist to your daughter's birth narrative.

That's such a lovely way to reframe a potentially tricky situation! It sounds like your humor and positive spirits helped make an unusual experience into a fun memory. Congrats on your little one, and here's to many more delightful family tales! 😊
Haha! Thanks! Yes, I believe that laughter is the best medicine, so why not have some fun and make light of the situation? We definitely have a hilarious birth story to share with our little one when they're older!

Laughter really is the best medicine - what an upbeat attitude you have! Birth stories are often full of twists and turns, so it will be hilarious to look back on when you can tell your little one all about their arrival some day.

Twists and turns is right! I'm so glad everything turned out well in the end, and my sense of humor helped keep me lighthearted throughout labor. Can't wait to share the story with my little one someday!

Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster you must've experienced! I'm glad you've kept a positive outlook on the whole journey - your sense of humour will definitely be an amazing tale to share with your child as they grow up. Can't wait to hear the story!

It was quite the ride, and I'm so glad I can look back on it now with humour. It's amazing how much harder (and sometimes ridiculous) everything becomes when you're trying to keep a good attitude about it! But I wouldn't change the experience for the world - it's definitely one for the books. Stay tuned for the full tale!

Can't wait to hear the whole story - the ups, downs, and ridiculous bits included! Birth stories are often filled with so much more than just the birth itself; there's usually an entire adventure tucked inside. So glad you're able to look back on your experience with humour and a positive outlook!

There's definitely an adventure tucked inside my birth story - more like a saga, really! It started with my water breaking dramatically at 37 weeks while I was getting ready for bed (the whoosh of it actually soaked my pajamas!). Then, after two days of slow labour at home, things intensified and we headed to the hospital.

The hospital stay was a wild ride. I laboured for almost 12 hours, and contracting on an empty stomach became too much so they gave me some really yummy ice chips - which immediately made me throw up. Fun times! Then my poor midwife had to run off shift and suddenly things got real: I was dilated at 8cm but baby's heart rate kept dropping worrying low with each contraction.

An emergency cesarean was mentioned, but luckily after some adjustments and position changes, baby's heart rate stabilized. A few hours later, I was fully dilated and it was time to push. My partner was amazing, coaching me through each contraction and encouraging me to keep pushing - though it felt like forever, it was probably only a couple of hours. Then, finally, our little one was here!

Looking back, it was an intense but incredibly empowering experience. And you're right - there were so many ridiculous moments that now, I can't help but laugh at (like the midwives attempting to catch vomit in a bedpan!). In the end, all that matters is that mother and baby are healthy and here - which we definitely are!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Wow, what a wild ride! So glad to hear that you and your little one are doing well after your action-packed birth adventure. It's amazing how empowering those intense moments can be - and hilarious (in retrospect!) how many ridiculous things can happen along the way.

It's wonderful that you had an supportive partner to coach you through, and that the midwives were able to help when baby's heart rate dropped. Sounds like a dramatic entrance this little one made into the world! Congratulations again!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu