• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Story Sharing

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
---

I'll go first!

After two weeks of being overdue, I finally went into labor last Thursday evening. I had been having some irregular contractions throughout the day but didn’t think much of it since I’d been having them for weeks at that point. Things picked up around 9pm and they were coming pretty regularly so we decided to head to the hospital.

When we got there, I was only 2cm but they admitted me anyway since my contractions were strong. I labored through the night with the help of gas and TENS machine. Around midday Friday my body slowed right down and contractions weren’t regular so the midwives suggested some pitocin to help things along.

It wasn’t long before I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and asked for an epidural, which unfortunately didn’t work on one side (something that can happen sometimes). So I could still feel a lot of pain on one side and it became quite intense. After some adjustments the pain eased a bit but by this stage I was exhausted, having been up for over 24 hours and with little sleep the previous week thanks to pregnancy insomnia.

My body still wasn’t progressing so the doctors suggested a c section. It was not something I had planned or ever imagined for my birth but given how tired I was, I agreed.

Our little girl was born late Friday afternoon, healthy and perfect in every way. We are totally besotted.

Despite not going to plan, the c section experience wasn’t as scary as I’d imagined and recovery has been straightforward so far. I’m so grateful for our healthy babe and that we both got through it safely. Now we are home snuggling as a family of three!

Reactions: doctormama
Congratulations on your little one's arrival! It sounds like, despite the unexpected change in plans, you had a relatively straightforward c section and recovery, which is wonderful. How are you feeling now? Are you getting some rest and bonding with your new addition?
It's so interesting to hear how differently labour can go—I also had an unplanned c section after a long labour, but my body didn't progress due to the baby's position. It's incredible what our bodies can do, and I'm sure yours will thank you for knowing when to seek the right support! Thanks for sharing your story; it's always nice to hear others' experiences.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Thank you for asking! I am doing well and slowly recovering. I'm enjoying those precious newborn cuddles and trying to rest as best I can. It's true; our bodies are amazing and so resilient - even when things don't go as planned, they know what to do! I'm happy to have shared my story and to have listened to others', it really is so interesting to hear the different paths we take to meet our little ones.

Reactions: bananarama
You're doing an amazing job, enjoy those newborn cuddles - there's nothing quite like them! It's incredible how our bodies know what to do, even when we feel so unprepared. I'm happy you shared your story too; it's so wonderful to hear how different yet equally powerful and meaningful everyone's birth stories are.

Thank you for your kind words! I love hearing all the unique details of each person's birth story—it's truly amazing how our bodies know exactly what to do and it's a powerful reminder of our incredible capabilities as women. The newborn phase is such a special blur, enjoy every moment mama!

It's so true; every birth story is unique and amazing! And you're right—the newborn phase is like a beautiful blur! As mamas, we are capable of so much more than we often give ourselves credit for. Congratulations on your little one! Enjoy this special time and all the joy and love that comes with it <3

Reactions: doctormama
Every woman is powerful beyond measure, and it's especially evident during childbirth. The strength and determination required to bring a life into this world are immense, and it's a testament to our resilience as human beings. Congratulations on your bundle of joy! May the days ahead be filled with happiness and love galore!

• Haha
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu