• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Accounts

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, thought I'd start this thread to share our birth stories and experiences!

Please feel free to share your special moments and memories below - the ups, downs, and everything in between. Can't wait to read them!

First up, here's my own quick birth account: X had an unexpectedly quick home birth...

Reactions: luciana
Wow that sounds like a wonderful yet unexpected experience! Can't wait to hear more about it and others' experiences too :) I think we all hear so many clinical birth stories from the media, it will be great to read some real-life, unfiltered accounts.

My son's birth was also quick - but in a hospital setting. My waters broke at 3:30am on a Monday morning, and after contracting consistently every 2 - 3 mins for an hour we rushed to the hospital (against my initial birth plan which was for a home birth). Contractions were intense and close together so early on, but I managed without any pain relief until 7cm dilated - then I caved and asked for the gas! It really helped me relax between contractions and conserve some energy.

By 9:30am I was fully dilated and ready to push - the midwives were incredible; they made me feel so empowered and in control of the situation. After 45 mins of pushing (with a couple of rest breaks), my little boy was born at 10:14am, weighing 7lbs 4oz. He latched straight away which was incredible - the most amazing, surreal experience!

It was all such a blur but I distinctly remember feeling so empowered by the midwives' calm and encouraging presence - they really allowed me to have the natural birth I'd hoped for (despite my change of plan). I'm curious to hear others' stories now - the good, the bad, the ugly; bring it on!

What a lovely birth story! Quick and efficient - you must have been so happy you followed your instinct to go to the hospital despite your original birth plan. It's such a great reminder of listening to our bodies. And huge kudos to you for managing the pain for so long, and then being able to use the gas to conserve some energy for the pushing stage.

It's wonderful that you felt empowered and supported by the midwives; their calm presence must have been so reassuring amidst all the intensity. It's amazing how our bodies and babies work in harmony when left to do their thing.

I also distinctly remember the surreal, fuzzy yet intensely fulfilling feeling after my son was born - it's an indescribable high!

I look forward to reading more stories too - there's something so special about hearing these real-life experiences.

What a lovely birth story! Quick and efficient - you must have been so happy you followed your instinct to go to the hospital despite your original birth plan. It's such a great reminder of listening to our bodies. And huge kudos to you for managing the pain for so long, and then being able to use the gas to conserve some energy for the pushing stage.

It's wonderful that you felt empowered and supported by the midwives; their calm presence must have been so reassuring amidst all the intensity. It's amazing how our bodies and babies work in harmony when left to do their thing.

I also distinctly remember the surreal, fuzzy yet intensely fulfilling feeling after my son was born - it's an indescribable high!

I look forward to reading more stories too - there's something so special about hearing these real-life experiences.
Yes, it's a blur of emotions and physicality, isn't it? The body can be so incredible and efficient when left to do its thing. I'm still buzzing from the memory of those powerful moments myself! Can't wait to relive this euphoria through others' birth stories too.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
The raw, animalistic nature of birth is truly exhilarating - it's a feeling like no other! I still get the goosebumps remembering those intense moments and the sheer power of my body. Can't wait to read some stories and relive that buzz!

The strength and power you feel as a woman during labor is incredible, an overwhelming sense of raw power that is hard to describe! I remember with my first, after 24 hours of back-to-back contractions and no sleep, hitting a wall and feeling so exhausted I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But then an intense rush of adrenaline took over, and I suddenly felt this overwhelming strength and determination - my body was taking control, and despite the exhaustion, I knew I could do this. It's an incredible buzz!

With my second, everything happened so fast - no time for any fear or exhaustion to set in. Nature took over, and it was such a primal, instinctive experience. The sheer physical power and urge to bear down, and then the relief and elation when she slipped out with only a few pushes... amazing!

Both experiences were exhilarating and empowering in totally different ways - such a special, intense high that only comes from welcoming new life into the world. Can't wait to hear others' stories too! That birth high is something else!

You've described it beautifully! The raw power and determination you feel despite exhaustion sets in is such a remarkable experience - your body was designed to do this!

The two experiences sound so different but equally empowering. And you're right, that 'birth high' is an incredible rush! There's nothing quite like welcoming new life; the elation and sheer relief that follows is amazing.

I look forward to hearing others' stories too - it's a special feeling like no other!

It's incredible how our bodies are designed for this - nature is incredible! The rush of elation and relief is overwhelming, and that bond you form with your little one from the very first moment is so powerful. It's a feeling and experience like no other and one that you never forget. I agree; it's a very special topic to share and hear others' stories on.

It's incredible how our bodies are designed for this - nature is incredible! The rush of elation and relief is overwhelming, and that bond you form with your little one from the very first moment is so powerful. It's a feeling and experience like no other and one that you never forget. I agree; it's a very special topic to share and hear others' stories on.
It's a magnificent adventure and nature has perfectly evolved this incredible process! The feelings of elation, wonder and awe are like no other and remain so vivid in memory.

The wonders of child birth never cease to amaze us, and that initial bond formed is truly a magical experience, an indescribable feeling! It's a beautiful reminder of what our bodies are capable of achieving and the joy that follows is immeasurable.

The human body is an intricate marvel; the way it's designed to accommodate new life and the instantaneous bond formed is awe-inspiring. Nature really is incredible! Each birth story is uniquely special and unforgettable, leaving an indelible mark on our lives.

It's a magnificent adventure and nature has perfectly evolved this incredible process! The feelings of elation, wonder and awe are like no other and remain so vivid in memory.
The miracle of birth is an incredible, profound experience, a memory that's eternal. Nature's wisdom is awe-inspiring!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
The wonders of child birth never cease to amaze us, and that initial bond formed is truly a magical experience, an indescribable feeling! It's a beautiful reminder of what our bodies are capable of achieving and the joy that follows is immeasurable.
Some women will understand this phenomena and feel a sense of pride for themselves and other women too. That initial skin-to-skin contact is so precious and a very proud moment for any mother. A sense of triumph and awe at what your body has achieved, ah... an experience like no other!

That feeling of pure elation and pride is such a wonderful reward after everything your body has endured - it's a very special moment and one to treasure forever! It's incredible how much joy that tiny person brings, even before you've had a chance to really get to know them!

That feeling of pure elation and pride is such a wonderful reward after everything your body has endured - it's a very special moment and one to treasure forever! It's incredible how much joy that tiny person brings, even before you've had a chance to really get to know them!
It's a beautiful kaleidoscope of emotions - the wonder, the joy, and the overwhelming love at first sight of your newborn. The memory of those precious moments is a lifelong treasure.

It's a beautiful kaleidoscope of emotions - the wonder, the joy, and the overwhelming love at first sight of your newborn. The memory of those precious moments is a lifelong treasure.
Those first moments are special and it's a blessing to experience such intense emotions that come with welcoming a new life. The memories stay with you forever, it's an amazing experience!

The birth of a child is a miracle, and those moments are etched into our memories, never to be forgotten. The intensity of emotions and the sheer joy that comes with welcoming new life is truly special - a feeling like no other! It's an experience that bonds us together, as parents, forever.

You're absolutely right; the birth of a child is a miraculous and unforgettable experience, filled with intense emotions and sheer joy. It's a moment that creates an unbreakable bond between parents, a shared memory that remains etched in our hearts forever.

It's incredible how these special moments can unite us and provide us with a profound appreciation for life and our roles as parents. The beauty of birth moments is their uniqueness; each has its own story and emotions attached, making them truly special.

I'd love to hear the individual accounts of everyone here. Let's cherish those memories and celebrate the wonders of parenthood!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
The birth of my first child was undoubtedly the most surreal and life-changing moment for me. It happened just as suddenly as it had been planned - a quick labor with barely any time for pain medication. But despite the intensity, an overwhelming sense of peace settled within me when I heard my son's first cry. It was as if the whole world ceased to exist, leaving only him and me in that moment.

The sheer elation and instant, deep love I felt were unlike anything I had ever experienced. Holding him in my arms for the first time remains etched into my memory with incredible detail - the feeling of his soft skin against mine, his tiny grip on my finger, and the mesmerizing scent of his forehead. It truly was a magical moment, one that I often reminisce about, even four years later.

The experience taught me just how strong I was and prepared me for the challenges of parenthood in ways nothing else could have. There's no doubt that the birth of a child brings a newfound appreciation for life, and a deeper understanding of love and its many forms. Congratulations to all parents; here's to cherishing these precious memories!

What an incredible birth story! You've described the overwhelming emotions and sense of wonder so beautifully.

The detail with which you recall those initial moments is amazing; it's as if time truly stood still to allow you to appreciate every nuance of this life-changing event.

You're so right about the profound respect one gains for the strength birth brings out in us, and the way it readies us for motherhood. There's no greater love than that of a parent for their child, and no experience quite like it to appreciate the marvels of life.

Congratulations on your little one, and here's to many more joyous moments!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu