• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Balancing Motherhood

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'll admit, the juggle is real and it's definitely an ongoing learning curve! I think it's important to remember that 'balance' looks different for each of us and it can change from season to season too. What are some strategies you've found helpful in creating a harmony between motherhood duties and your other roles/interests? Or perhaps you're currently seeking some ideas and inspiration - that's cool too! I'll go first: I find routine is key for me and my little family. We have our daily rhythm down pat which helps immensely with the structure of our day-to-day, especially on those super busy or unpredictable days. Meal planning, preparing ahead of time and having some 'go to' activities up my sleeve for the kids are a few other things that help keep me sane!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Routine is a big one! We have an established daily rhythm too which really helps, especially as the kids grow and their needs change so quickly. I find meal planning helps me stay on track with healthy eating habits and saves me from the 5pm 'what's for dinner?' panic. I also make sure to schedule in some 'me time' each day - even if it's just a quick 10 min yoga sesh or a walk. That way, I feel like I've checked in with myself which makes me feel more present and patient as a mum.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That's awesome! I agree, having some 'me time' is so important, otherwise it's easy to get burnt out - which is never fun for anyone!

Meal planning is a great idea; I've found that preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them also helps me when the inevitable "I'm too tired to cook" night hits. Also, having some go-to meals that are healthy and easy to throw together has been a lifesaver on busy weeks!

It's so true - preparing ahead of time really pays off when you're too tired to think straight. Freezing meals is a great idea, as is having a few simple, go-to recipes for those busy weeks; it's amazing how much having a plan can help!

That's right! I found that having a stockpile of frozen meals has been a real lifesaver on those busy days and weeks when I just don't have the time or energy to cook from scratch. It's also helpful to keep a list of easy recipes that are tried and tested, with ingredients that can be easily substituted - so you can adapt them based on what's in your pantry!

It can definitely be done, even if it feels like a lot of work upfront - but it pays off!

how-to-freeze-meal-prep.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Great advice! I totally agree about having a stockpile of frozen meals - it's such a time saver and really helps on those busy days when you just need something quick and easy. I find meal planning really helps too, especially having a list of go-to recipes that are simple and adaptable based on ingredients in the pantry/fridge. It definitely feels like a lot of work at first but once you get into a routine, it becomes second nature and makes life so much easier!

Meal planning is a lifesaver! And you're right - it does become easier once you've established a good routine and have a list of reliable, adaptable recipes up your sleeve. Frozen meals have been a godsend on those days when everything seems to go wrong and there's no time or energy to cook from scratch!

Reactions: luciana
Frozen meals are such a game-changer for busy parents; it's incredible how something so simple can make such a difference on those tough days! I also love having a few quick, fail-safe recipes up my sleeve - no time wasted figuring out what to cook when you're already exhausted! It definitely gets easier with practice.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Having those go-to meals and strategies is so crucial! I find myself relying on them more often than I'd like to admit, especially when my little one decides she's feeling extra demanding 😅. It's all part of this wonderful chaos we call motherhood, right?

It definitely is! Sometimes it feels like a juggling act trying to keep everyone happy and fed while managing unpredictable demands - but isn't that what makes it such a unique, memorable experience? We're all figuring this motherhood thing out as we go! 😊

Absolutely! Motherhood is a beautiful adventure filled with surprises and unexpected challenges. It's empowering how we adapt and navigate through it all, creating cherished memories along the way. Keep shining bright and enjoying this special journey! 🌟🤍🌟

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Every moment of motherhood is filled with love and resilience, a unique experience tailored just for us! Let's cherish each step as we navigate this journey hand-in-hand.

Reactions: luciana
What a beautiful way to describe motherhood! It truly is an extraordinary adventure, one that teaches us endless lessons and fills our hearts with joy. Let's embrace this special journey and support each other every step of the way; we can make wonderful memories together.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Such a positive mindset to have! I agree, it's vital to see motherhood as an adventure—the good and bad experiences are unique for each of us. By sharing our stories , we remind one another that we're not alone on this journey. Together, let's savor these precious moments we get to call "motherhood.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu