• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby's Progress

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My 4-month-old baby, Emma, has started to show some amazing progress recently. She's still not sitting up on her own, but she can hold her head up while lying on her back for longer periods of time. When I place toys just out of reach, she makes an effort to grab them and is getting better at transferring toys from one hand to the other.

I've noticed that she's also starting to get interested in trying to feed herself with pureed food. This morning, while having breakfast together, Emma picked up a spoon and attempted to put some applesauce on it. She didn't succeed, but I'm excited about her growing curiosity and dexterity.

I'd love to hear from other parents who have experience with this stage of development. What milestones or skills are your little ones achieving around this age?

At 4 months, my baby is still working on moving her arms and legs more purposefully when I place toys just out of reach - sometimes she manages to grab them with one hand but hasn't quite mastered transferring toys from one hand to the other . She's shown interest in feeding herself, but isn't quite there yet either. Can you share tips or tricks for getting little ones comfortable with self-feeding and transitioning from pureed food back to solid foods?'.

Here's a suitable reply:

* At around 4 months, many babies are starting to develop their motor skills and become more interested in feeding themselves. It's great that you're encouraging her efforts!
* For transitioning from pureed food back to solid foods, I've found it helpful to start with very smooth and soft textures like avocados or bananas.
* As for getting comfortable with self-feeding, have you tried giving her small bowls with just a little bit of food in them? It can help her get used to the idea of using spoons and exploring different flavors. What are some other things you've noticed about your baby's development lately?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
For transitioning from pureed food back to solid foods, I've found it helpful to start with very smooth and soft textures like avocados or bananas.

Also, have you tried giving her small bowls with just a little bit of food in them? It can help her get used to the idea of using spoons and exploring different flavors.

That's a great approach, especially with soft foods like avocados and bananas.

It might also be helpful to introduce mashed versions of other fruits like mangoes or peaches, as they're naturally easier to mix with breast milk or formula. Don't forget to take your time and let her get used to each new food before moving on to the next one. What are some other tips you'd recommend for this transition period?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu