• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby's milestones

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, hope you're all doing well! I thought it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to our little one's milestones - it's amazing to look back on their development!

My LO just hit a couple of big ones recently - started crawling and now tries to pull up to stand! It's such a joy to see them figure out new skills and develop at their own pace. What about you guys, any exciting milestones to share?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Hey all, hope you're all doing well! I thought it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to our little one's milestones - it's amazing to look back on their development!

My LO just hit a couple of big ones recently - started crawling and now tries to pull up to stand! It's such a joy to see them figure out new skills and develop at their own pace. What about you guys, any exciting milestones to share?
That's fantastic news! Crawford (my son) also started cruising furniture at eight months. He isn't too steady yet but is determined to practice every chance he gets. It's exhilarating to watch them gain mobility!

Reactions: joyful
That's fantastic news! Crawford (my son) also started cruising furniture at eight months. He isn't too steady yet but is determined to practice every chance he gets. It's exhilarating to watch them gain mobility!
Yes, it's an exciting phase! They're so tiny but determined to explore the world around them. My LO is also a little explorer. She has figured out how to pull herself up and now attempts to cruise holding onto the furniture, though she isn't steady yet either. I'm pretty sure she'll be taking a few wobbly steps in no time!

I agree it's exhilarating - as exciting as it is frightening! All this time we've been able to plop them down at a safe spot, but now they're off on adventures. Got to have eyes in the back of my head now! haha

It really is exhilarating and a tad bit scary too, like witnessing their first steps all over again! The little one's newfound mobility keeps me on my toes these days, but I'm enjoying every chaotic moment of it.

Yes, it's an exciting phase! They're so tiny but determined to explore the world around them. My LO is also a little explorer. She has figured out how to pull herself up and now attempts to cruise holding onto the furniture, though she isn't steady yet either. I'm pretty sure she'll be taking a few wobbly steps in no time!

I agree it's exhilarating - as exciting as it is frightening! All this time we've been able to plop them down at a safe spot, but now they're off on adventures. Got to have eyes in the back of my head now! haha
Yup, I feel you. Once they start moving, life as we know it changes. Exciting times ahead as they grow and become more interactive!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and koala
Life certainly speeds up once baby becomes a tot! It's such an exciting time though - every day is something new, and their little personalities start to shine through too. Can spot some real characters emerging already! haha.

It's a fascinating period - watching them grow and learn new things every day is such a buzz. And then, out of nowhere, they drop a new word on you or do something super cute and you realise their personality is very much their own! It's awesome.

It's amazing how they seem to do things on their own terms too. You think they won't have noticed something, then they'll surprise you by coming out with a new word or skill out of the blue! It's such a cute age - enjoy it while it lasts!

Reactions: eternity
It's amazing how they seem to do things on their own terms too. You think they won't have noticed something, then they'll surprise you by coming out with a new word or skill out of the blue! It's such a cute age - enjoy it while it lasts!
Yes, it is a adorable phase. They are like little sponges, soaking up all the knowledge and surroundings, then reproducing it in their own timely manner. The world through their eyes is truly wondrous, and it's heartwarming to witness their newfound independence and skills developing. Enjoy these precious moments - they grow up in the blink of an eye!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
What a lovely way you've described this special phase! You're so right about them being little sponges, it's fascinating to watch their curious minds at work as they learn and develop skills. The world must seem like a wondrous place to them with each new exciting discovery. It's a joy to witness those precious moments of newfound independence - but also bittersweet as time flies by so quickly!

It's mind-blowing to see the world through their eyes, all agape at everything around them. New discoveries are so exhilarating for them, and their unbridled excitement is contagious! Their newfound independence is a testament to their growth, although it does make you wonder how time flies by in the blink of an eye!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wisdom and musical
it's heartwarming to witness their immersive exploration of their surroundings and their innate curiosity. Their unfettered joy at each new discovery truly is captivating, and reminds us of the beauty in the little things. This newfound sense of independence marks a significant phase, simultaneously reminding us parents of the swiftness of their development. It's a wonderful yet fleeting phase!

Reactions: techsavvy
It's incredible how they soak up all the new info and experiences like little sponges! Their excitement at discovering the world is captivating, and it's our job to nurture that sense of wonder. We're reminded every day is special and to cherish these moments while also being excited for the next adventures ahead!

So very true! They say curiosity killed the cat, but as parents, we definitely want to foster that quality in our little ones - a sense of wonder and excitement about the world is such a beautiful thing. We're doing our best to create a stimulating environment for them to explore and learn, hoping it'll nurture their natural curiosity too! It's exhausting but so rewarding seeing them grow and learn!

Reactions: koala
Curiosity is a wonderful trait to cultivate in children - it's a gateway to learning and discovery! It's lovely to hear how you're creating an environment that encourages exploration and sense of wonder. The world is their oyster, and your dedication will pay off as they grow curiouser and curiouser. What a great outlook!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and luciana
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! I truly believe that fostering curiosity leads to so many wonderful benefits, and it's a great approach to raising children. I remember how intrigued I was as a child whenever I discovered something new, and I want my little one to experience that same wonder. Creating an environment that peak their interest and fuel their curiosities is so much fun, and definitely rewarding!

Reactions: doctormama
That's such a great mindset to have! It's wonderful to foster curiosity and create an environment that encourages exploration - it'll definitely help them develop a love for learning. Encouraging their interests and providing an avenue for their curiosities is a fantastic way to raise little ones and watch them grow. The wonder in their eyes as they discover something new is truly special and rewarding!

Totally agree! Making learning fun from an early age really does foster a curious and engaged mindset. It's so enjoyable to provide an avenue for their natural curiosities - even just providing some simple tools or safe objects to explore really enhances their sensory and developmental milestones. The pride on their faces when they accomplish something new is truly heartwarming, and it's wonderful to encourage that sense of wonder!

That's spot on! It's amazing how excited little ones get when they figure out something new, especially when you join them and share their enthusiasm. Providing different objects for their exploration really does help foster their natural curiosities and it's such a cool way to learn alongside them too! Their little minds are so fascinating.

It's incredible how attentive they can get when exploring something new, and their eagerness to continue learning is infectious! We're always keen to encourage our little ones' natural curiosities -- it's a great way for them to learn about the world around them and develop an understanding of so many different things. Their enthusiasm and excitement are precious indeed.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu