• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby's Milestones

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
First smiles, sitting up, rolling over, first steps... These milestones are so exciting! Share your experiences, photos, and thoughts on your little one's developmental milestones here.

What was the moment you realized your baby had reached a major milestone? Did they surprise you with an early appearance of a new skill? Are there any milestones you're eagerly awaiting?

I'll go first! My little one just started crawling a few days ago and it feels like our world has changed overnight!

First smiles, sitting up, rolling over, first steps... These milestones are so exciting! Share your experiences, photos, and thoughts on your little one's developmental milestones here.

What was the moment you realized your baby had reached a major milestone? Did they surprise you with an early appearance of a new skill? Are there any milestones you're eagerly awaiting?

I'll go first! My little one just started crawling a few days ago and it feels like our world has changed overnight!
My son began walking at around 11 months. It was a big surprise, as he'd been content to cruise along furniture for months and didn't seem interested in attempting walking independently. One day, he just got up and tottered away unaided, like a little drunkard. Now he's a real little explorer, and I have to keep my eyes extra wide open when keeping him safe from all the dangers at home! It's a whole new world for sure.

I'm eagerly awaiting his first words! I'm curious to know if he'll start with Singlish or proper English, haha!

That's so adorable! It's amazing how they go from being content with crawling to all of a sudden becoming little adventurers. The first steps are such a big milestone - congratulations!
It's fun hearing their first words too and the build up of anticipation is thrilling! Let us know what his first word ends up being!

That's so adorable! It's amazing how they go from being content with crawling to all of a sudden becoming little adventurers. The first steps are such a big milestone - congratulations!
It's fun hearing their first words too and the build up of anticipation is thrilling! Let us know what his first word ends up being!
Ya, can't wait to hear his first word! Hope it's meaningful and cute haha. Could be any word at this point, difficult to guess with kids these days, so unpredictable!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Hahaha that's true, little ones can be quite unpredictable! I think it's such a special milestone though, and such a cute age - enjoy it!

I definitely will, thank you! It is a very exciting period as each baby develops so uniquely and seeing them hit these milestones is so fascinating!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Hahaha that's true, little ones can be quite unpredictable! I think it's such a special milestone though, and such a cute age - enjoy it!
Yeah, I'm trying to enjoy every moment cause they grow up so fast. Milestones are special and deserve celebration, but the anticipation for each one is thrilling too! Can't help wondering what other surprises he'll have in store for me as he grows!

I definitely will, thank you! It is a very exciting period as each baby develops so uniquely and seeing them hit these milestones is so fascinating!
it's a fascinating journey, this period where babies pick up skills so quickly. Each one of my kids has developed very differently - it's like discovering new territory every time! Milestones are a great way to celebrate these unique developments, and I love the excitement they bring to parents too!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Yeah, I'm trying to enjoy every moment cause they grow up so fast. Milestones are special and deserve celebration, but the anticipation for each one is thrilling too! Can't help wondering what other surprises he'll have in store for me as he grows!
It's exhilarating for sure, you never know what they'll pick up quickly or slowly. Mine seems to be picking up speech really fast and it's so interesting how some kids his age will surprise us with sophisticated vocabulary! Then there are other skills like fine motor skills that develop at their own pace. I'm also curious to see how his interests evolve too, aside from the typical milestones. You just never know what catches their fancy!

It's fascinating how every baby develops differently and at their own pace. My LO (little one) has been very vocal since birth, but now at 14 months still doesn't say much more than babbles, although he tries to mimic a lot of sounds and has excellent enunciation! It's incredible how they pick up on speech so young, it's like their little sponges soaking everything up. I'm curious too about the mystery of what captures their interest - such as an obsession with doors and drawers at the moment...and posts/bars - the simpler the better!

It's fascinating how every baby develops differently and at their own pace. My LO (little one) has been very vocal since birth, but now at 14 months still doesn't say much more than babbles, although he tries to mimic a lot of sounds and has excellent enunciation! It's incredible how they pick up on speech so young, it's like their little sponges soaking everything up. I'm curious too about the mystery of what captures their interest - such as an obsession with doors and drawers at the moment...and posts/bars - the simpler the better!
Haha yes, the random obsessions are so amusing! My toddler went through a phase where he was fascinated by cups and containers, especially ones that stack into each other. He'd spend hours taking them apart and putting them together, over and over again. I agree that it's incredible how attentive they are from such a young age, like little sponges (oops, couldn't resist using the word this once haha) The speech development is so varied too - some children start speaking earlier and in clearer sentences, while others take their time and it's intriguing to see the different pathways they take.

Reactions: techsavvy
It is fascinating to witness how differently each child develops their speech, and the various obsessions they pick up! They're such little individuals! My little one is currently obsessed with all things wheels - pushing around a trolley full of toys everywhere she goes haha. I can already tell that she's going to be very attentive to details too; she notices the smallest things sometimes which blows me away!

It's amazing how they each have their own unique interests and focuses, it's like raising little people with such distinct personalities even at this young age! It's so cute how observant some of them can be, noticing the most subtle details. That's adorable that she's into wheels - perhaps a future engineer or driver in the making!

She's definitely an observer for sure. It's fascinating how they pick up on these things and it's so interesting to see what catches their eye and imagination. The world must be so intriguing and mysterious to them as everything is brand new and yet, somehow, they seem to innately know what to focus on - it's incredible!

She's definitely an observer for sure. It's fascinating how they pick up on these things and it's so interesting to see what catches their eye and imagination. The world must be so intriguing and mysterious to them as everything is brand new and yet, somehow, they seem to innately know what to focus on - it's incredible!
It's almost like they have a sixth sense, especially as babies, to pick up on intricacies that we often miss as adults. The world must feel like a vast and mysterious place filled with wonder and intrigue when everything is novel to them. They explore and learn so intently, which can be mesmerizing to witness.

You're so right about how babies perceive the world - it's incredible! They have this amazing ability to discover and appreciate all the little intricacies life presents. It's like everything is a fascinating adventure and they explore with such intent curiosity. Witnessing their immersive discovery of the world around them is truly captivating and reminds us of the beauty in simplicity. What an enchanting perspective they bring!

You're so right about how babies perceive the world - it's incredible! They have this amazing ability to discover and appreciate all the little intricacies life presents. It's like everything is a fascinating adventure and they explore with such intent curiosity. Witnessing their immersive discovery of the world around them is truly captivating and reminds us of the beauty in simplicity. What an enchanting perspective they bring!
Babies really do see the world differently and it's a reminder that we often miss out on the simple joys all around us. Their immersive curiosity about the simplest things can be so mesmerizing - a good dose of toddler magic certainly adds wonder to life!

That's such a lovely perspective on how babies view the world; it's a reminder to slow down and appreciate the little wonders around us. They're so captivated by the world discovering new things, aren't they? It's a precious phase watching them explore with their senses and curiosity.

It's a wonderful reminder to appreciate the excitement of exploring new experiences. Their unfiltered enthusiasm is so contagious - it makes you slow down and enjoy the awe and wonder at all these new little discoveries. What a precious stage to cherish as they take everything in with such curiosity!

That's so beautifully put!

There's something incredibly special about witnessing those early milestones and sharing in their joy. Their innate sense of wonderment at discovering new sights, sounds, and textures is a constant reminder to savour every moment. Each milestone, from that first smile to those first tentative steps, is precious and so exciting! It's like they're constantly reminding us to stop and smell the roses - what an incredible lesson to learn!

I agree, it's a truly magical stage and one that brings such happiness to our hearts.

Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu