• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby's First Smile

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My 3 month old baby just discovered her smile! It was more like an 'oh wow, what's all this noise going on?' kind of reaction at first but I'm happy to see her responding to my silly voice and facial expressions. What age did your little ones get their first smile? Has anyone noticed any differences in reactions from subsequent babies or have you seen the same range of developmental milestones?

I'm excited for your little one's milestone! My first child, who is now 5, had their first smile around 6-7 weeks old. It was more like a relaxed, open-mouthed expression than a full-on smile, but I remember being thrilled by it anyway.

With my second child , I've noticed their reactions are a bit different. They seem to be interested in facial expressions and voice from the start, but they don't always give me that same "oh wow" look right away. Maybe that's just because we're getting used to the whole baby gig now . It'll be interesting to see how their developmental milestones progress compared to their big sibling!

Reactions: queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu