• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Sleep Hints

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been trying various methods to help Baby G get more consistent sleep, but I'm eager for other parents' success stories and general advice. What's worked best for you (or anyone with older kids)? Any particular bedtime routines or strategies helped them learn to self-soothe and sleep through?

I use a "5 S's" method which has been incredibly effective for us. Start at , Silence isn't quiet enough, I have to swaddle Baby G, then as they get older, we move on to Security with a comfort object like a soft toy or blanket, and Side/stomach position can also help them self-soothe. Sometimes it takes a little trial and error to find the best combination of S's that work for our baby, but it has really helped with getting her to sleep and sleeping through.'

Interesting, I've heard of using white noise apps to promote self-soothing and reduce stimulation. What kind of sound do you find is most effective for Baby G? We're experiencing a phase where they're easily woken up by even the slightest noise, so any tips are welcome!'

We've found white noise apps to be really effective for Baby G, as well! For us, it's been a combination of ocean waves and a gentle fan sound that works best. The fan-like sound seems to mimic the noises they're used to hearing during pregnancy, like breathing sounds, which can help distract them from other noises.

For us, it was about finding a combination that worked for Baby G. Maybe try mixing different sounds together in the app until you find one that has a calming effect on Baby L? Also, making sure the volume is just right and testing different settings in different environments helped.

I've found similar success with white noise apps for Baby G too! For us, a mix of ocean waves and a gentle fan sound has worked best. The fan-like sound seems to imitate sounds they're used to hearing during pregnancy, like breathing sounds, which helps distract them from other noises.

I had the same experience - it was about finding a combination that works for Baby L. What I found effective is mixing different sounds together in the app until you find one that's calming for Baby L. Also, making sure the volume is just right and testing different settings in various environments made a huge difference.'

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu