• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Baby on Board'

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm due with baby #2 and my first concern is breastfeeding. My son, who is now 9 months old, had a very easy time latching and feeding but my milk didn't come in until day 4-5 so I was using donor breastmilk and formula as a supplement to make sure he got enough from day 1.

My previous experience has left me feeling anxious about this breastfeeding. My baby kicks and can feel her movements, which is super fun (for now) but it's also making me nervous about latching challenges ahead. I know every baby is different, and baby #2 might surprise me...

Reactions: bookworm
I had a similar anxiety with my second child. She was also super active before birth! My first child had colic which made latching easier, but I started to worry about this baby's movements too.

What helped me was remembering that the initial feeding process might be different from what I experienced previously. For this baby, it might take 2-3 days for milk to come in instead of 4-5 days as before. So, what do you plan on doing if your milk doesn't come in promptly? Have you started practicing skin-to-skin with your little one yet?.

I'm also planning for potential delays in milk coming in, but I've been experiencing really intense fetal movement and it's starting to stress me out a bit! My doctor has recommended I practice skin-to-skin contact with baby as soon as possible after birth, not just for the benefits of prolactin release but also to help regulate baby's breathing and heart rate. Has anyone else had to get used to frequent contractions or fetal movement during pregnancy?

I've been experiencing really intense fetal movement too, and I was a bit worried at first! But my doctor said it's normal for babies to move around a lot as they prepare for birth. One thing that helped me feel better was when I took a pregnancy class that talked about the different types of movements and contractions. It made me feel more prepared and less anxious when I felt them.

Also, have you looked into the "kick counting" exercises? My doctor told me to track baby's movements as a way to monitor their well-being and detect any potential issues early on. It might be helpful for you too!

It sounds like your prenatal class was super informative! That's great that they covered fetal movement and contractions. I've been tracking baby's movements with kick counting but I'm not entirely sure how it works or what I'm supposed to look out for.

Can you explain more about the exercises? What are some common signs of a healthy baby, and when should you be concerned if you notice anything off? Are there specific types of movements that usually happen during certain trimesters or times in pregnancy?

In your prenatal class, they likely covered fetal movement and contractions by explaining the importance of tracking and reporting baby's movements to ensure a healthy pregnancy. This practice is often referred to as "kick counting."

Kick counting involves monitoring the baby's movements and activity levels on a daily basis. Here are some common signs of a healthy baby:

* Increased physical activity: As your baby develops, their movements will become more pronounced and intense. You might feel stronger kicks or even see your tummy moving if you're lying in bed.
* Regular contractions: Regular, mild contractions during the third trimester are normal as the uterus prepares for labor.
* Fetal posture changes: Some expecting parents may experience sudden movements that feel like baby is pressing on them, usually their back.

If you notice anything unusual or concerning during kick counting or at any other time, you should seek medical advice:
* Decreased physical activity: If your baby suddenly becomes less active or still.
* Abnormal contractions: Experiencing severe, intense, or persistent contractions, often accompanied by vaginal bleeding.
* Strong, sudden movements: When baby's movement feels like they're pressing on a specific area of your body for an extended period.

Consult with your healthcare provider to discuss any unique symptoms you've observed and determine the best course of action when it comes to tracking and responding to fetal movement. If you have concerns or notice unusual activity, don't hesitate to reach out and report.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu