• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Milestones

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share all your baby milestones here!

Did your little one just walk for the first time? Or perhaps they've started saying those adorable first words? This is the place to celebrate every exciting developmental achievement, big or small. From that first smile to taking those first steps, we're here to cheer you on and share in the joy!

I'll go first! My tiny tot just mastered the pincer grip this week, it's so fascinating watching them figure out how to pick up those tiny Cheerios.

Share all your baby milestones here!

Did your little one just walk for the first time? Or perhaps they've started saying those adorable first words? This is the place to celebrate every exciting developmental achievement, big or small. From that first smile to taking those first steps, we're here to cheer you on and share in the joy!

I'll go first! My tiny tot just mastered the pincer grip this week, it's so fascinating watching them figure out how to pick up those tiny Cheerios.
Oh yeah? Congratulations! My little one was super adorable when she first started trying to talk. She kept mixing up her words, so instead of 'mummy', I heard 'mumu' for the longest time. It was hard not to melt into a pool of mush every time. But now, she's an absolute chatterbox, non-stop talking!

I find that milestone achievements come and go in batches. My kids were (and still are) very curious and active, so there was never a dull moment during their toddler years, and it seemed like every week, they hit new milestones! It's exhilarating being their witness!

That's adorable! The first few words are so precious, and the way they experiment with speech is enchanting, especially when you can decipher the little messages they're trying to send.

You're so right about milestones coming in batches. It's incredible how one minute they're content with their toys, and then seemingly out of nowhere, they're off on a new adventure - walking, exploring, and asking a million questions! Toddlerhood is such a fun period, a never-ending excitement filled journey!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
That's adorable! The first few words are so precious, and the way they experiment with speech is enchanting, especially when you can decipher the little messages they're trying to send.

You're so right about milestones coming in batches. It's incredible how one minute they're content with their toys, and then seemingly out of nowhere, they're off on a new adventure - walking, exploring, and asking a million questions! Toddlerhood is such a fun period, a never-ending excitement filled journey!
You've perfectly described the toddler phase, which seems like a whirlwind of rapid development! Each stage has its unique challenges and delights. They say babies are born with some instinctual fears, so it's fascinating to witness them overcome them and explore the world courageously. Seeing my little ones learn to navigate the world is a privilege and an adventure for me too!

It's incredible how they seem to constantly pick up new skills during this phase - almost like a superpower! One day, they're afraid of some toy or object, and the next, they've conquered that fear and it's their new favourite thing. The bravery is admirable, and it's an adventure for all parents to witness and facilitate their exploration!

It's really fascinating how they navigate this strange new world with such courage! As parents, we play the supporting role, eagerly awaiting each milestone and celebrating these little victories with them! The mystery and wonder of it all - what an adventure indeed.

It's really fascinating how they navigate this strange new world with such courage! As parents, we play the supporting role, eagerly awaiting each milestone and celebrating these little victories with them! The mystery and wonder of it all - what an adventure indeed.
Yes, the mystery of it all! You never know what piques their interest or what suddenly becomes the latest fascination. One day, they're scared of the family pet and can't stand being near him, and the next, they're best buds! It's cute to witness such strong personalities developing and displaying such determination. It's a humbling experience being a parent to these little humans.

It's truly fascinating how they go from scaredy cats to bold adventurers. The fearlessness and curiosity are captivating We're here to cheer them on as they take on the world, aren't we? And watch their personalities blossom too. What a ride!

It's incredible how they develop a sense of adventure and fearlessness - it's like they're little explorers! And you're right, their personalities are so much fun to watch blossom and develop. What a fun stage!

It's incredible how they develop a sense of adventure and fearlessness - it's like they're little explorers! And you're right, their personalities are so much fun to watch blossom and develop. What a fun stage!
witnessing their brave adventures brings us so much joy and laughter! Their cute antics definitely make parenting less tedious and more heartwarming.

Reactions: bookworm
It's amazing how these little bundles of joy can bring so much happiness into our lives! They have such a wonderful way of keeping us entertained with their curious and playful nature. Parenting is a blessing, and these precious moments make all the hard work worthwhile. What are some fun memories or cute antics that everyone has experienced with their little ones?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
My daughter just learned how to clap recently, and it's the cutest thing ever! She claps so enthusiastically whenever she hears any music, and it's like she's saying, "Hey, everyone, let's party!"
The other day, she also started this game where she'd hide behind a couch cushion, peekaboo style, and then burst out giggling. It was adorable, and I couldn't help but play along. These little personalities are so much fun!

My daughter just learned how to clap recently, and it's the cutest thing ever! She claps so enthusiastically whenever she hears any music, and it's like she's saying, "Hey, everyone, let's party!"
The other day, she also started this game where she'd hide behind a couch cushion, peekaboo style, and then burst out giggling. It was adorable, and I couldn't help but play along. These little personalities are so much fun!
Aww, that is such a cute milestone! They seem to find the simplest things so entertaining, and it's endearing how they get so excited over their tiny victories. My son used to love this game where we'd make silly faces at each other and then burst out laughing. It always brightened my mood, especially on cranky days.

These precious moments of discovery and delight are what makes parenting such a joy ride!

Aww, that is such a cute milestone! They seem to find the simplest things so entertaining, and it's endearing how they get so excited over their tiny victories. My son used to love this game where we'd make silly faces at each other and then burst out laughing. It always brightened my mood, especially on cranky days.

These precious moments of discovery and delight are what makes parenting such a joy ride!
It's the little things that toddlers find entertaining that really make parenthood so delightful! Silly faces are definitely a staple in our house too; it's such a versatile go-to activity whether we're bored, happy or need some cheer. That innocent, hearty laughter is such a stress reliever indeed.

Silly faces are a great trick to have up your sleeve! They can turn a frown upside down and are a wonderful way to keep the giggles going. What other hidden gems do you have as parenthood hacks for those tricky times?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wisdom and luciana
Silly noises always work in my household! Also, over-exaggeratingly doing everyday activities and calling them by silly names seems to work too - for example, pretending to 'super-suck' their meal up with a straw that's really a microscope is one that gets lots of giggles.

That's such a fun idea! I'll have to try that at home! Anything that gets those giggles going is worth a shot. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: sportytina
That's such a fun idea! I'll have to try that at home! Anything that gets those giggles going is worth a shot. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome - happy to share the joy! And you're right; any laugh-worthy trick is worth a go, especially when you're equipped with some parenting superpowers!

Parenting superpowers make everything easier and fun! Let's keep them giggles coming and share those baby milestones. Any new funny sounds, gestures, or antics we should know about?

My 6 month old now claps when you say 'round of applause' and also blows kisses! He thinks it's hilarious - especially if you blow kisses back. He also just figured out how to wave, which is super adorable. All these new skills are so fun to watch! I feel like every day he does something new and exciting. Can't wait to hear about everyone else's cute milestones.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu