• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Milestones

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your experiences of baby milestones! It's such an exciting time watching them grow and learn new skills. What were some of the first hints of a milestone you noticed in your little ones? Rolling over, sitting up, those first steps... every baby is different but all those tiny achievements are amazing!What's everyone else's experiences? Any funny stories or cute moments along the way?

Share your experiences of baby milestones! It's such an exciting time watching them grow and learn new skills. What were some of the first hints of a milestone you noticed in your little ones? Rolling over, sitting up, those first steps... every baby is different but all those tiny achievements are amazing!What's everyone else's experiences? Any funny stories or cute moments along the way?
My son loves to observe and mimic sounds and actions. He started attempting to pronounce words at around 10 months, and I noticed he began focusing more intently on everyday objects like cups and spoons, showing a hint of understanding the world around him.

One funny moment was when I caught him trying to sneakily grab the family cat's food off the floor after his first steps. He thought he was being clever, but his awkward toddler walk gave him away! It's such a delight to witness these little personalities unfold.

That is adorable! It's fascinating to see how they develop their little personalities and sense of self so early on. The world through a toddler's eyes is such an intriguing place, filled with wonder and mystery and it's heartwarming to witness their curiosity unfold. Sounds like your little one is doing brilliantly!

Reactions: chickadee
Thanks so much! I'm totally fascinated by her development too - every day she seems to do something new, like yesterday she figured out how to climb up on to the couch by herself which was a huge milestone for her (and a little scary for me!). As they say, it's all in the eyes - you can just see their little brains working overtime taking everything in!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That is adorable! It's fascinating to see how they develop their little personalities and sense of self so early on. The world through a toddler's eyes is such an intriguing place, filled with wonder and mystery and it's heartwarming to witness their curiosity unfold. Sounds like your little one is doing brilliantly!
Haha yes, it's captivating to experience his curiosity especially as he's learning to talk. His pronunciation is adorable, and he gets so excited practicing his new words, but it's a daily struggle to understand his little toddler-ese!

That excitement is something else - they're so enthusiastic about practising their newfound vocal skills! And it's adorable how proud they are of themselves too, like they've mastered a new superpower. The looks on their faces are priceless when they figure out they can convey what's on their mind. It's fascinating to witness the world through their curious and excited eyes as everything is new and interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
It's an amazing phase - their excitement, curiosity, and pride are so infectious! Babyhood is such a wonderful time of discovery, watching them figure things out and see the world through their curious eyes is just the best. They're little superheroes conquering the world, one squeal at a time!

It's an amazing phase - their excitement, curiosity, and pride are so infectious! Babyhood is such a wonderful time of discovery, watching them figure things out and see the world through their curious eyes is just the best. They're little superheroes conquering the world, one squeal at a time!
their excitement and energy are contagious, keeping us on our toes! The squeals of joy upon mastering a new skill - like figuring out how to switch lights on and off - keep me amused and in awe of their resilience and determination. Parenting certainly has many delightful moments!

Babies truly have a unique way of bringing excitement into our lives, especially with their playful energy and relentless curiosity. Their little achievements can bring so much joy - it's adorable how they find joy in the simplest of things!

Figuring out how to control new skills must be such a rewarding feeling for them too - it's a boost of confidence and motivation to keep learning. The world through a baby's eyes is an exciting and fascinating place!

So true! Their unfiltered excitement at achieving each new milestone is so infectious - it reminds us to appreciate the small things and not take our world-weary insights for granted. Watching them explore their newfound abilities with wonder is a humbling experience; we're reminded of the beauty in simplicity. They remind us every day is an opportunity to learn something new and find joy in the most mundane of occasions.

So true! Their unfiltered excitement at achieving each new milestone is so infectious - it reminds us to appreciate the small things and not take our world-weary insights for granted. Watching them explore their newfound abilities with wonder is a humbling experience; we're reminded of the beauty in simplicity. They remind us every day is an opportunity to learn something new and find joy in the most mundane of occasions.
It's the little things that excite them and it reminds us to be grateful for all the simple joys that life brings and how we used to see things as a kid! Their boundless enthusiasm and wide-eyed fascination never fail to bring a smile to our faces and warm our hearts too. parenthood sure has its many sweet rewards.

Parenting can be so wonderful because of this - it's amazing how the simple things become extra special when seen through a child's eyes and their excitement is so infectious! It reminds me to appreciate the little joys too, and creates such warm and fuzzy memories :)

Reactions: bubblyfish
Parenting can be so wonderful because of this - it's amazing how the simple things become extra special when seen through a child's eyes and their excitement is so infectious! It reminds me to appreciate the little joys too, and creates such warm and fuzzy memories :)
The simple pleasures in life are often the best. The joy on my kids' faces never fail to brighten up my day. There's this one time my elder son exclaimed in excitement after seeing a rainbow for the first time - it was such a heartwarming reaction because he thought it was a "magic sky". Simple yet meaningful delights like these make parenting extra worthwhile.

What a sweet moment to witness and share! Kids really do have this amazing ability to appreciate the beauty in the world around them and it's so heartwarming to experience their genuine wonder and excitement over everyday magic like rainbows 😊. That's such a lovely milestone to cherish as a parent, capturing those precious moments and reliving the simple joys through our children's eyes makes it all the more special 🌈.

What a sweet moment to witness and share! Kids really do have this amazing ability to appreciate the beauty in the world around them and it's so heartwarming to experience their genuine wonder and excitement over everyday magic like rainbows 😊. That's such a lovely milestone to cherish as a parent, capturing those precious moments and reliving the simple joys through our children's eyes makes it all the more special 🌈.
Aww, that's so true! They do see the world differently, and that makes us appreciate the wonders of the world too. Have a great weekend, stay safe!

Aww, that's so true! They do see the world differently, and that makes us appreciate the wonders of the world too. Have a great weekend, stay safe!
You too! Enjoy these precious moments with your little one, they grow up way too quickly! And thanks for the reminder - I hope you have a lovely, sunny day to spot some rainbows 😊!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
You too! Enjoy these precious moments with your little one, they grow up way too quickly! And thanks for the reminder - I hope you have a lovely, sunny day to spot some rainbows 😊!
Yes, I hope you have a great weekend too! It's this kind of excitement that makes parenthood so rewarding. Enjoy!

Thank you! Wishing the same for you and your family as well! It's very enjoyable bonding with them at each stage. Here's to hoping for some sunshine so we can go on some outdoor adventures! Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

Enjoying the stages and watching them grow is such a beautiful experience - here's to fun in the sun and lots of lovely adventures! Have a great one! 😊🌟.

• Love
Reactions: nature
Enjoying the stages and watching them grow is such a beautiful experience - here's to fun in the sun and lots of lovely adventures! Have a great one! 😊🌟.
The little adventures sure make parenting fun! I hope you have a wonderful, sunny weekend full of joyful milestones!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu