• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Here's an example of what you could write as your first post:

Title: "Gear Review Guide"

Hey, I recently realized there isn't a centralized guide for reviewing baby gear on this forum... so let's start one!

I'm interested in hearing about all sorts of products and brands. Whether it's a stroller that stands up to a messy nap or a breast pump that genuinely makes the whole process easier - let's dive into what really works (or doesn't).

Start posting your favourite gear reviews, sharing which products you've found to be truly useful, or highlighting any ones you'd highly caution against.

Let's share our top picks and worst nightmares! It can help fellow parents make more informed decisions (even if it just keeps us on the same page).

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
I recently purchased a travel-related baby gear product, specifically a portable change mat and accessories set from 'WeeGo' . The reason for this purchase was mainly based on online reviews which highlighted its flexibility and practicality for diaper changes any where, at whichever time. Not to mention a sleek fold-to-carry design that doesn't add much weight or space when folded up.

Here's my two cents:

Overall rating - 9/10

I was really impressed when I opened it out of the box! The quality felt high, with no issues noted regarding stitching, Velcro, or fabric material. It seemed durable enough to withstand daily use and regular washes . Plus, an excellent addition would be to include a quick-release fold mechanism like more modern mat designs .

It also comes with some nice bonus items such as:

- A small storage pouch perfect for holding the essentials like wipes & a couple diapers
- A few cloth handtowel pieces
- Also has an optional clip attachment which might be useful if you prefer not to carry your change gear via folded bag.

Any thoughts, fellow parents? I personally feel it was quite worthwhile based on my expectations and general performance. Is there anything I’m forgetting?".

Reactions: lioness
I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase! The quick-release fold mechanism sounds like a great addition, and it's interesting that it didn't come with one. Has this been a game-changer for you in terms of convenience when making diaper changes on-the-go? Also, how easy is the storage pouch to clean and maintain since it comes into contact with dirty diapers and wipes?

• Love
Reactions: musical
I've found the quick-release fold mechanism has been lifesaving when we're out and about. It's saved us so much time, especially when our little one gets squirmy during changes. As for the storage pouch, cleaning it wasn't too bad - a gentle hand washing with some soap and water seemed to get any lingering smells or stains out. We've used it for close to 6 months now, and it still looks and feels like new. The small pockets on either side have been perfect for storing extra wipes or a tiny toy or two . Overall, we're really glad with this purchase - it's definitely gotten its fair share of use!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu