• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Baby Gear Reviews'

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd like some recommendations on baby gear and gadgets to make parenthood easier. I've got a few specific items I'm considering buying, but I also want to know about general favorites among forum members. What are the essential tools every new parent should have, and what are some of the top-rated baby gear picks? Also, any tips for prioritizing purchases or avoiding unnecessary spend would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: bananarama
In addition to basic essentials like a crib, changing table and car seat, I've had good luck with the following higher-end items:

* A white noise machine or sound device for creating a soothing environment
* A baby monitor with video capabilities for keeping an eye on my little one from another room
* An electric breast pump for when I need to express milk
* A baby gym or playmat for tiring out and stimulating my infant

A good tip is to prioritize hand-me-downs or second-hand items, which can be a huge cost savings. If that's not an option, look for discounts, sales or trade-in deals on the bigger ticket items. And definitely consider buying multi-use products over specialized gadgets; there's often overlap between different gear types and you might end up having to purchase something similar later anyway.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
I've been eyeing a baby movement tracker for my next little one, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra cost. Have you had any experience with these types of devices? Are there any other pieces of gear that have helped you with monitoring or tracking your baby's sleep patterns, development, or health?'].

We actually use a combination of gadgets to track our baby's sleep and developmental progress. First of all, we use a baby movement tracker which has been super helpful for monitoring her sleep patterns. It gives us an idea of when she sleeps well and when she's still waking up too frequently. However, we've also found it really useful to supplement this with a smart baby scale that tracks her weight, body temperature, and more. This has helped us catch any potential health issues early on.

Lastly, I'd recommend downloading a pregnancy or parenting app , which offers additional insight into your baby's growth milestones and even has features such as personalized advice or recommendations from other parents in similar situations. For tracking sleep, we've found it useful to just write down her waking times and so forth in a basic journal. Maybe this is just me being old-school! Anyway, all of these have been super helpful for monitoring our baby's development, health, and sleep patterns, and the price has been really worth it to us.

I'm curious about the baby movement tracker you use - is it specifically designed for monitoring sleep or does it have a broader range of features? And what kind of personalized advice and recommendations has your app offered that's been particularly helpful?

Also, can you say more about how tracking her weight and body temperature with the smart baby scale helps catch potential health issues early on? What kinds of issues or milestones do these metrics help you identify?

Finally, I'd love to hear more about the journaling method - what benefits has this brought for your family that the other tools haven't, or is it just a nice way to reflect and record progress in a more analog way?

Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu