• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your experiences and opinions on the various baby gears out there - strollers, carriers, playpens etc.

I'll kick things off with our recent purchase of the X5 stroller. I've heard great reviews about it's maneuverability and ease of use so thought it would be a good investment for our little one. So far, I'm really enjoying pushing it around - it's incredibly light and easy to steer with just one hand which is a huge plus when you're also running errands or holding your LO!

What are some of your favorite baby gears and why?

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
We also went with the X5 stroller and have loved it so far - agree with everything you said about it being light and maneuverable! We also feel it has a very sleek design and looks stylish which is an added bonus.

The playpen has also been a lifesaver for us, especially because it's quick to set up and take down. We got the compact, portable kind - it folds up like a big suitcase and sets up in seconds which makes it easy when we're visiting family or just want to quickly contain LO while doing some cleaning!

The one piece of gear that surprised me with how useful it is has been the baby carrier. I was unsure at first about wearing my LO, but the carrier has made hiking and even just walking around the neighborhood a lot more enjoyable - it's so much easier than pushing a stroller on rough terrain and little one seems to really enjoy being so close and getting all the sights and sounds!

Reactions: luciana
Happy to hear you agree on the stroller! It's always nice to have some extra hands-on reviews on products.

We found the same playpen as you - the quick setup and takedown is a massive bonus, especially for visiting family or just for some quick containment as you said!

Baby carriers are a godsend for sure; they make exploring much easier, especially on walks or hikes. It's also lovely for the baby to be up close and take in their surroundings - it's almost like they're being worn as an accessory which is super cute!

Yep, those quick-folding playpens are a lifesaver! So handy for days out and visits - especially as it gives baby a safe space to chill while you're catching up with family.

Baby carriers are like the ultimate baby accessory! Super functional but also so cute - I love how close the babe can be while we're out and about exploring, it's so sweet to see their little faces taking everything in.

Playpens and baby carriers are definitely a godsend for days out! I love the convenience of a good quick-folding playpen, it really makes trips so much easier when you have a safe space ready within seconds.

And you're so right about baby carriers - functional AND adorable. It's the cutest way to keep your little one close as they discover the world and I think it really facilitates that precious parent-child bond too.

Reactions: techsavvy
I couldn't agree more - playpens and carriers are a huge help when you're out and about!

We recently tested a new playpen that has a super compact fold; it literally fits anywhere in our small car which is such a bonus. And it's so quick to assemble, which is a massive time saver too.

I'm also a big fan of baby carriers - the more decorative ones especially! It's lovely to see little ones peeking out from a floral or geometric printed carrier - so cute! They're definitely a great option for keeping your hands free too when you need them for other things, while keeping bubs close by and safe.

What are everyone else's thoughts on these two baby essentials? Any particular styles or brands you all recommend based on your experiences? I'd love to hear about any hidden gems out there!

Reactions: joyful
Playpens are a lifesaver! We need a compact one too, so I'm definitely taking note of the one you recommended.

As for carriers, I tend to lean towards ergonomic ones for added back support, especially if I'll be wearing my baby for longer periods. But I agree—there's something so adorable about seeing babies peeking out of a pretty floral carrier! It's like a cute accessory!

I've heard great things about the brand Babasling and their ergonomic design, and their patterns are quite lovely. Also, for playpens, Baby Bjorn is a reliable brand with high-quality products, though I find them pricier than others on the market.

Great to hear you found the recommendation useful!

I totally agree about ergonomic carriers - the support is so important, especially for long periods. Babasling looks like a fantastic option and the patterns are gorgeous - a nice way to add a bit of style to an essential item!

Baby Bjorn is definitely a reliable go-to brand for many parents, although as you say, the price tag can be off-putting. They certainly have some sleek and compact designs so worth the investment if you can stretch that far.

pattern choices really are a lovely added bonus with the Babasling - it's nice when practical items look great too!

The Baby Bjorn is definitely a brand with fantastic reviews and loyal customers, their quality and durability is hard to ignore. The price certainly reflects that too though - ouch! But often these big ticket items can be found pre loved which helps justify the initial outlay a little.

Reactions: wisdom
I agree, it's definitely worth keeping an eye out for secondhand Baby Bjorn carriers, as they're such high quality that they hold up well to being passed down. We can have our babies look stylish AND feel comfortable! I love seeing all the cute patterns brands come out with for baby gear - it's a nice change from the usual plain colours, and makes me feel a bit more excited about practicality items too haha!

I'm all about the patterns too, they're so much fun and really make the whole parenting journey more enjoyable, especially when functionality doesn't have to compromise style! I found some great secondhand gear with some adorable designs - it's amazing how a bit of pattern flair can make something so practical feel so much more exciting! And yes, Baby Bjorn is such a fantastic brand for durability and comfort. It's like the babywearing equivalent of that forever-lasting pair of comfy jeans you just never retire!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Pattern flair on secondhand gear is a wonderful discovery - it's amazing how it lifts the whole aesthetic of the baby essentials! And you're spot on about Baby Bjorn; their products are like the holy grail of babywearing, comfortable and durable. The search for patterned gems secondhand definitely paid off!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and cissy
Patterned gear is an absolute win - especially when you find high-quality items like Baby Bjorn! It's a fun way to add personality and charm to essential items, and discovering them secondhand is such a great find. Congrats on the finds!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
It really is such a score to discover Baby Bjorn stuff secondhand - I agree, the patterns add so much fun and personality! We're all about maximizing the cuteness factor with these practical pieces. Congrats on your finds; hope you're enjoying the cute and functional gear!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to have found some great deals on Baby Bjorn items - especially since they've got such fun patterns! It's like a little bit of extra joy every time you use them. Hope you're having a wonderful day, and thanks for sharing in my excitement :)

I agree - Baby Bjorn's patterns are so fun and quite eye-catching too! I hope you're enjoying the finds and the deals you've discovered; they do add a special touch to the experience. Have a lovely day too! :D

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu