• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score

As parents, we're constantly bombarded with the latest and greatest baby gadgets and gear. It's easy to get overwhelmed or buy something that doesn't actually meet our needs. Let's help each other out!

What baby gear have you found absolutely indispensable during your parenting journey? Think strollers, carriers, swings, sleepers, etc. Anything that made your life easier or helped keep your little one happy and content. Share the details - brand, why it worked for you, any pros/cons - let's have a no-nonsense review session!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
I found the most useful baby gear to be my stroller - ultra lightweight and compact, easy to fold and unfold, and super maneuverable. Fits in the boot of any car and doesn't take up much space, which is a huge plus for urban dwellers like me.

The baby carrier was also a lifesaver, especially during the early days when my kiddo had to be worn/carried everywhere. It's Ergo - comfy, adjustable, and easy on the shoulders and back. The best part? It's suitable from newborn stage onwards, so no extra cost for an infant carrier!

Those two were real lifesavers and definitely worth every cent!

So many products, so little time !

I found the 4-in-1 rocker chair super useful - it's a seat that grows with the baby till tot starts walking. It has different speed/motion settings and music too - kept my bubba entertained while I showered or cooked. Also lasted through 2 kids cos it's so sturdy! Would recommend to anyone who wants a good, long-lasting gear that's multi-functional.

The baby carrier was another lifesaver - especially for windy Singapore. Hands-free and convenient, didn't have to worry about the stroller when we went for walks in the park. This one's a no-frills, comfortable and affordable option that worked well for us!

Reactions: musical
There's so much baby gear out there it's true! But one thing I couldn't have lived without is my super compact stroller that's easy to maneuver and fits in the boot of my small car - a godsend when you're always on the go and need something lightweight and portable but also sturdy. It's a real space saver and I feel so convenient to whip it out for quick trips or when navigating crowded spaces. Would highly recommend this if you're looking for something hassle-free and not bulkier strollers that can sometimes be a pain to manage!

The baby swing! Omg, it was a lifesaver for my fussy baby. He would cry non-stop and the swing somehow soothed him instantly. I could finally have two hands free to do other things, which was a huge help because my boy didn't like being put down. The white noise and gentle rocking really did the trick. We used it for nap time too, and it was easy to move it around the house. My only regret is not buying one with automatic swing settings - had to keep getting up to rock it manually! But otherwise, super worth it.

Reactions: bookworm
The baby swing! Oh, man, that thing was a lifesaver. I could pop my little one in, and the gentle rocking would send him off to sleep in minutes. Total godsend when you've got a fussy tot who needs soothing. It played music too, which was a nice bonus - nothing fancy, just some cute lullabies. The brand we went with also had a whole bunch of safety features, so I didn't have to hover constantly, which was a relief.

The only con was it took up quite a bit of space, but hey, can't have everything. Would defo recommend though - made parenting feel way less stressful!

The one thing I found most useful as a parent was the good old baby carrier! Wore my kid everywhere and it was so convenient, no need to bring the bulky stroller around. The Ergobaby one saved my back too - it's ergonomic and distributes the weight well.

Also, if you're a small build, some of the strollers are just way too big and bulky. So, having a compact stroller that's easy to push and maneuver is key! I found the Mountain Buggy nano super handy for travel or just zipping around the city. It's lightweight and folds up small, plus it has all the essential features without the bells and whistles.

Oh, and those infant rockers/swing chairs are a godsend when your baby needs soothing. The gentle rocking motion really helps to calm them down and the built-in melodies are a bonus! We had one of those Fisher Price ones with the cute animal friends and white noise sounds.

Reactions: musical
My first must-have item is the good old stroller! Got a super lightweight one that's easy to fold and unfold, which is a godsend when you're traveling or just going about your daily errands. It's a real back saver cos it fits easily into the boot of my car and isn't a hassle to carry up and down the subway stairs, unlike the bulkier ones.

The next thing that's been a lifesaver is the baby carrier! Wore it everywhere, especially when my kid was a super fussy newborn. Hands-free baby wearing meant I could get some things done and the ergonomic design ensured my back didn't suffer. My kiddo loved being close to me too and calmed down quickly when carried. This one's definitely getting packed for all our future holidays - so convenient for sightseeing and exploring new places!

What else, what else... Oh ya the electric swing! It was a godsend when my little one was a newborn and super fussy. The gentle rocking motion lulled her to sleep and the built-in melodies were a nice touch. Kept us sane during those initial tiring weeks. Would say it's worth getting one that's got some fancy calming lights or sounds - they really helped sooth the baby!

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu