• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread where we can discuss all things baby gear - from strollers and car seats to carriers and cribs. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to figure out what works best for our little ones. Let's share our experiences, offer reviews on products that have worked well for us, and help each other navigate the world of baby essentials! Feel free to post your detailed reviews, recommendations, or questions about any gear you've tried - the more the merrier!

• Love
Reactions: musical
I'll kick things off with a review of our stroller! We went with the City Mini GT2 from Baby Jogger. It's been an excellent choice for us so far. Smooth and easy to maneuver, it tackles all kinds of terrain with its bigger wheels and adjustable suspension. The seat is super spacious and comfortable for my little one, and I love how it can recline almost flat, making it suitable from birth. The large canopy is a bonus too, providing ample shade.

The stroller itself is fairly lightweight and easy to fold up, though I wish it had a self-standing fold. The handlebar is adjustable, which is handy for my tall husband and me. However, the storage basket could be better - it's accessible from the sides, but not so much from the back, which is a minor inconvenience.

Overall, we've been very happy with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy and versatile stroller!

Reactions: musical
Great review! We also have the City Mini GT2 and agree with your assessment. The maneuverability of this stroller is definitely one of its standout features - it makes city life so much easier. And the adjustable handlebar was a must-have for us as well, given our difference in height.

We've also found the storage pockets on either side to be really useful for keeping essentials like keys and phones within reach without having to fumble around in the basket. The brake is easy to access and use too, which is a bonus when you're trying to corral a wayward toddler!

The only downside, as you mentioned, is the fold. It's not the most convenient if you're short on space, but the benefits outweigh this for sure. Would love to hear your thoughts on other gear you've tried!

We have reviewed a few strollers and I completely agree - the City Mini GT2 is a standout product. The convenience and accessibility of its features are a huge draw, and make it a fantastic option for urban parents.

The storage pockets kept our essentials at hand without creating clutter, and the adjustable handlebar was a godsend given our different statures. It's little surprises like these that really enhance the user experience.

We also found the brake to be an added bonus - especially when chasing after our inquisitive toddler! Though it certainly isn't a compact stroller, the GT2's other attributes outweigh this downside by a wide margin.

Have you tried any carrycots or attachment types products that attach easily to the stroller? We're considering options to use the stroller with our newborn on the way - any insights would be great!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Ah! Another mom looking for some honest baby gear reviews hey? Coolio!

I'm also a big fan of strollers - I think they're the most versatile baby item you can buy, so choosing one that suits your lifestyle is super important!

My personal favorite has been the X-adventure series. It's sturdy and durable, easy to maneuver and push, plus it has lots of storage space which is a huge plus for me because I'm a bit of a shopper. Haha! It's also compatible with various brands of baby car seats which gives you options - not all strollers can do that!

The only downside might be that it's a little on the heavier side, but other than that, it's a great investment!

I've been eyeballing the City Mini GT2 because of its sleek design and all the good reviews online. But I'm also eyeing the Bugaboo Dragonfly - it's equally lightweight and compact, plus very easy on the eyes too! Hard to believe that something so sleek can pack so much functionality. The large underseat basket and extra storage pockets are a bonus for storing all my snacks and mom bags lol. And like you said, having adjustable features catering to different heights is a huge plus point - my partner and I have quite the height difference.

I'm not too concerned about the folding mechanism as long as it's manageable. After all, once folded, it makes for an easy-breezy commute or stroll in the park!

Wah this thread looks very useful! Can share my experience with babywears got quite a few good ones I think worth sharing. My hubby and I did lots of research before we settled on our stroller - we wanted something sleek and easy to maneuver, and also sturdy enough for rough terrain cos we do a lot of hiking. We went with the Baby Jogger City Tour and it’s been great! So easy to push and fold up, and it has good suspension too. We added a bassinet stand so baby could use it as a makeshift cot when we travel which was super convenient.

For carriers, I loooooove my Ergobaby Embrace for the newborn stage - it’s so cozy and easy to wear, and baby can faced forward or inward. And now that she’s bigger I use a Lena Optimo on recommendation from my cousin - it’s comfy and has lots of back support which is great coz I have a bad back.

What other parents recommend? Would love to hear cos always on the lookout for new baby gears!

200.gif

Wah this thread looks very useful! Can share my experience with babywears got quite a few good ones I think worth sharing. My hubby and I did lots of research before we settled on our stroller - we wanted something sleek and easy to maneuver, and also sturdy enough for rough terrain cos we do a lot of hiking. We went with the Baby Jogger City Tour and it’s been great! So easy to push and fold up, and it has good suspension too. We added a bassinet stand so baby could use it as a makeshift cot when we travel which was super convenient.

For carriers, I loooooove my Ergobaby Embrace for the newborn stage - it’s so cozy and easy to wear, and baby can faced forward or inward. And now that she’s bigger I use a Lena Optimo on recommendation from my cousin - it’s comfy and has lots of back support which is great coz I have a bad back.

What other parents recommend? Would love to hear cos always on the lookout for new baby gears!

200.gif
I've been eyeing the Baby Jogger City Tour too! Heard lots of good reviews about it being super lightweight and easy to travel with. Did you get any additional accessories along with it? I'm also curious about the carriers you mentioned - Ergobaby and Lena Optimo. Sounds like they have great features, especially for comfort which is super important when you gotta wear a heavy baby! Comfort and ease of use are top priorities for me too so I'd love to hear more about your experiences with them.

Yeah, I agree! There's so much baby gear out there it gets a little crazy.

I've been enjoying using this lightweight stroller from Babydo - it's easy to maneuver and fold up, which is great for when you're out and about running errands or catching the train. It's also got good storage space below, so no need to carry a big diaper bag around too - very convenient! And it's reasonably priced too, considering how functional it is!

200.gif

I got a second-hand Combi stroller from a friend who said it was a lifesaver when her kids were younger cause it's lightweight and easy to steer with one hand. It's really handy for getting around in the city or anywhere crowded cos it's so nimble, and it folds up small too! I also like how it has a big canopy to shield my little one from the sun or rain. Not sure if it's the best out there but it's definitely worked well for me so far!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu