• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What made you all choose the baby gear you did? There are so many options out there - it's kind of overwhelming! I'm expecting my first and would love to hear what worked for others. Thinking about strollers, car seats, carriers, play mats - the works really. What were your must haves? Would love to hear pros/cons or any brands you'd recommend!

• Love
Reactions: musical and nature
We focused a lot on functionality and ease of use - wanted stuff that would actually be helpful and not just fancy.

For stroller and car seat, we went with the Nuna mixx next and Pipa next. Love how they click together and are so easy to maneuver and adjust. The big wheels on the stroller are a huge plus for us as we live in the city and navigate some tricky sidewalks. Also, the bassinet option has been fantastic - our baby loves it and it makes it so easy without needing an extra purchase. We got the ergobaby 360 carrier which is super comfy - the curved straps distribute the weight nicely across your shoulders and back, especially helpful now that baby's getting heavier!

Our other must have has been the Babysense play mat. The different toy attachments keep our little one entertained and it's machine washable which helps because of all the drool/spit up. We also love the kick and play piano - such a fun first instrument and keeps him engaged!

Other things we've found helpful are a rock n play for the overnight sleeps and the Fisher Price Papasan swing for some daytime naps.

We've been pretty minimal with our purchases, focusing on what's really useful vs fancy gadgets - would definitely recommend all of the above!

We focused a lot on functionality and ease of use - wanted stuff that would actually be helpful and not just fancy.

For stroller and car seat, we went with the Nuna mixx next and Pipa next. Love how they click together and are so easy to maneuver and adjust. The big wheels on the stroller are a huge plus for us as we live in the city and navigate some tricky sidewalks. Also, the bassinet option has been fantastic - our baby loves it and it makes it so easy without needing an extra purchase. We got the ergobaby 360 carrier which is super comfy - the curved straps distribute the weight nicely across your shoulders and back, especially helpful now that baby's getting heavier!

Our other must have has been the Babysense play mat. The different toy attachments keep our little one entertained and it's machine washable which helps because of all the drool/spit up. We also love the kick and play piano - such a fun first instrument and keeps him engaged!

Other things we've found helpful are a rock n play for the overnight sleeps and the Fisher Price Papasan swing for some daytime naps.

We've been pretty minimal with our purchases, focusing on what's really useful vs fancy gadgets - would definitely recommend all of the above!
Those sound like well-thought-out selections It's practical to have a stroller with big wheels for smoother rides on uneven pavements, especially in a bustling city like Singapore.

The carrier you mentioned also sounds comfortable and convenient for urban parents. It's great to hear that you've found a few essential items that work well for your little one and your lifestyle.

Are there any other gear or gadgets that parents out there would recommend? Something that's a real lifesaver for babies, yet not too extravagant?

Some other items that are a godsend for parents include:

- Baby Bjorn potty - it's a compact and stylish looking potty seat that's easy to clean and doesn't take up much space. A great buy for those who are on the go and want to avoid public toilets!

- Mesh baby pool - a versatile item that can be used as a mini ball pit, a cooling off pool in hot weather or even as a sensory play activity pool with some toys thrown in. It's a fun and affordable way to keep the little ones entertained indoors or outdoors.

- Infant carrier seat cover - it's lightweight, easy to put on and take off, and provides some shade and privacy for baby. I use it mostly when I need to run quick errands and want to keep my baby tucked away from harsh lighting or curious onlookers.

I'm sure there are many other great finds parents can share!

Those are some great recommendations! We found a couple of those items to be lifesavers as well, especially the baby pool.

We also love our ergonomic baby carrier - so comfortable and convenient for day hikes or even just walks around the neighborhood. Our little one seems to enjoy it too which is a plus!

And how could we forget the stroller fan - a small but mighty addition that keeps your little ones cool on scorching days. Clipped right onto the stroller, it's a inexpensive way to provide some extra comfort on hot days out.

Also, not to be forgotten - those inflatable car seat protectors. They're amazing for keeping the car seats clean from dirty shoe soles and muddy footprints! They fit most shoes too so are a handy item to have around.

There's so many nifty baby products out there that make parenting just that little bit easier! Would love to hear any other recommendations folks might have.

Reactions: joyful and cissy
Those are some great recommendations! We found a couple of those items to be lifesavers as well, especially the baby pool.

We also love our ergonomic baby carrier - so comfortable and convenient for day hikes or even just walks around the neighborhood. Our little one seems to enjoy it too which is a plus!

And how could we forget the stroller fan - a small but mighty addition that keeps your little ones cool on scorching days. Clipped right onto the stroller, it's a inexpensive way to provide some extra comfort on hot days out.

Also, not to be forgotten - those inflatable car seat protectors. They're amazing for keeping the car seats clean from dirty shoe soles and muddy footprints! They fit most shoes too so are a handy item to have around.

There's so many nifty baby products out there that make parenting just that little bit easier! Would love to hear any other recommendations folks might have.
The ergonomic carrier you mentioned sounds like a comfortable option for babywearing. The stroller fan is a cool gadget, perfect for the tropical weather here in Singapore, and something I would've loved to have when my son was younger!

I'm glad you mentioned the inflatable car seat protectors - they are brilliant and versatile too. I used them when my little one was a messy eater and liked to kick his shoes off in the car - caught all the mess in one go!

Reactions: sunflower
Those inflatable protectors are so versatile - they're excellent for messy eaters and kicking feet! I'm glad you found them useful too. They're a handy addition to have when travelling with little ones. And that stroller fan sounds like such a simple yet effective idea for keeping babies cool - perfect for Singapore's heat! Baby gear can be such a lifesaver, especially in those early months when you realize what works best for your little one.

Inflatable protectors are versatile - I've also used them as a makeshift pillow and as a barrier to avoid kicking the back of the seat in front on long-haul flights! The stroller fan has been such a good find in keeping my little one comfortable during our walks around the neighbourhood, especially with the heat these days. It's so nice discovering new ways to keep bubs content!

71woYspjtyL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Great thinking with the inflatable protectors - multi-purpose is always a win!

And yes, I can definitely relate to the stroller fan being a lifesaver in this heat; I might have to look into one of those for my walks too! Thanks so much for sharing your finds!

10-Baby-Toddler-Travel-Essentials.jpg

I figure if something can serve multiple purposes and help save space in the diaper bag, then it's a win!

The stroller fan is a recent discovery, and it has been amazing for keeping my tot cool on our walks - especially since it clips on easily to the stroller . It's a small, thoughtful addition that makes a big difference.

Happy to share and hope you find it useful too!

I figure if something can serve multiple purposes and help save space in the diaper bag, then it's a win!

The stroller fan is a recent discovery, and it has been amazing for keeping my tot cool on our walks - especially since it clips on easily to the stroller . It's a small, thoughtful addition that makes a big difference.

Happy to share and hope you find it useful too!
That's a really smart pick! I have something similar that attaches to the stroller or car seat and has got different colorful streamers attached. It not only serves as a fan but also doubles up as a visual stimulant for the little one! It's amazing how these small things make a big difference in keeping the babies comfortable and happy.

What other multi-use items do you guys swear by?

My personal favorite is the portable high chair that can easily attach to most tables - it's a lifesaver when you're eating out! Also, I've seen some clever 2-in-1 strollers that convert into car seats, saving you the hassle of lifting a heavy car seat in and out of the trunk.

newborn_must_haves.png

Great minds think alike! I too love portable high chairs - they're so practical and convenient, especially when you're on the go.

The 2-in-1 stroller sounds like a fantastic invention as well, perfect for saving space and your back! Would love to hear more about it and see some pictures if you have any.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for multi-use baby gear that can be used at home or on the go? It's amazing how innovative some of these products are these days!

Reactions: sunflower
Great minds think alike! I too love portable high chairs - they're so practical and convenient, especially when you're on the go.

The 2-in-1 stroller sounds like a fantastic invention as well, perfect for saving space and your back! Would love to hear more about it and see some pictures if you have any.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for multi-use baby gear that can be used at home or on the go? It's amazing how innovative some of these products are these days!
The 2-in-1 stroller is a godsend, especially when traveling or taking walks around the neighborhood. I'll see if I can find the link to the one I bought online; it's got great reviews and has served me well so far.

There's also this nifty little high chair that can attach onto most table surfaces, saving you the hassle of lugging around a huge high chair. It's called the Clip-on Chair by Fisher Price. Super compact and easy to clean too!

I'm eyeing the next stage of baby gears: walkie-talkies that help keep tabs on the little one as he starts to wander and explore. I heard great things about the Motorola ones but would love to hear if anyone has recommendations or reviews on them!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I also love the sound of that compact high chair - what a brilliant idea for when you're out and about!

In terms of walkie talkies/monitors, we used the Motorola ones and they were amazing. The picture quality was fantastic which really put my mind at ease, especially as my little one is quite adventurous. The range was impressive too, we could easily keep tabs on him in the backyard or when we went for walks in the park. We never had any issues with connection or interference either which was a bonus! Would highly recommend them!

I'd love to hear about these strollers you guys are talking about - they sound awesome and I'm always keeping an eye out for new gear that might make life easier!

I also love the sound of that compact high chair - what a brilliant idea for when you're out and about!

In terms of walkie talkies/monitors, we used the Motorola ones and they were amazing. The picture quality was fantastic which really put my mind at ease, especially as my little one is quite adventurous. The range was impressive too, we could easily keep tabs on him in the backyard or when we went for walks in the park. We never had any issues with connection or interference either which was a bonus! Would highly recommend them!

I'd love to hear about these strollers you guys are talking about - they sound awesome and I'm always keeping an eye out for new gear that might make life easier!
The strollers some of us have been raving about are the new sustainable and eco-friendly ones from the local startup, Green Nest. Crafted from natural materials with a sleek and modern design, they come with plenty of useful features without sacrificing style. They're a breeze to maneuver and offer an incredibly smooth ride, thanks to their innovative suspension system. Best of all, they're compact and easy to fold, making them a godsend for city dwellers!

Reactions: nature
That sounds amazing - especially the focus on sustainability! I've been searching for eco-friendly baby gear without having to sacrifice functionality and style, so these sound like a great find. Do they have any plans to expand their product line further? I'd love to hear more about Green Nest and what inspired them to create these strollers.

That sounds amazing - especially the focus on sustainability! I've been searching for eco-friendly baby gear without having to sacrifice functionality and style, so these sound like a great find. Do they have any plans to expand their product line further? I'd love to hear more about Green Nest and what inspired them to create these strollers.
Green Nest's owners, Jane and Mark, are driven by the goal of creating sustainable products without compromising on style and functionality, which is an eco-conscious dream come true! They plan to introduce more gear and furniture in the future, focusing on natural, non-toxic materials and minimalist designs. Jane revealed that their inspiration comes from personal experiences with parenting and a strong desire to reduce waste and environmental impact.

Reactions: chickadee
That's awesome! It's great to hear that they're prioritising sustainability, natural materials and minimalism without sacrificing style and functionality. Looking forward to seeing what gear and furniture they introduce next - sounds like an exciting, eco-conscious brand with a great vision!

I couldn't agree more - it's so encouraging to see brands taking these principles on board and running with them. I've been really impressed with their commitment to eco-friendly practices while still producing high quality, durable goods. Their latest collections really showcase an aesthetic that fits today's trends too which is a hard combo to beat! Exciting times ahead for sure, can't wait to see what they do next.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu