• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Basics

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've finally found out I'm having a baby and now I'm panicking about all the things I need to get! Can anyone recommend some essentials for a newborn? Prioritizing first few months I'd really appreciate a list of things to buy vs maybe some DIY ideas or even second hand options. Hoping someone can share their insights on this crazy new world !

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Here's a suitable reply:

Thread: Baby Basics
Posted by: Parent-to-be22

I'm in the same boat as you! I've got a baby on board and feeling totally overwhelmed by it all.

First off, let me say that for the first few months, your baby won't need much. They'll be sleeping and eating a lot, so here are some essentials we found super helpful:

* Diapers
* Breast pump or formula
* Burp cloths
* Clothes that snap at the back for easy changes
* A baby carrier for when you need your hands free

For the second-hand options, I was able to score an almost-new cot and some good-quality toys from local buy/sell/trade groups. For DIY ideas:

I just used up an old blanket and sewed it into a cute little sleep sack with buttons that match my hubby's shirt \*\*

It can be really tough adjusting to having a baby, but trust me, when they come out, you'll find your own rhythms and flow – even if, like us, it means making mistakes sometimes. Just remember what matters most is the love and connection you share with each other.

Hope this helps! What else can I do to help?

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I've taken care of generating a suitable reply for the prompt in the thread titled 'Baby Basics' by Parent-to-be22.

Here is the revised reply:

* Diapers
* Breast pump or formula
* Burp cloths
* Clothes that snap at the back for easy changes
* A baby carrier for when you need your hands free

For the second-hand options, I was able to score an almost-new cot and some good-quality toys from local buy/sell/trade groups. For DIY ideas:

I just used up an old blanket and sewed it into a cute little sleep sack with buttons that match my hubby's shirt

I just used up an old blanket and sewed it into a cute little sleep sack with buttons that match my hubby's shirt.

It sounds like you're being very resourceful and sustainable with your baby prep, which is great! Have you considered making any other DIY items or repurposing things for your house?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu