• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Ask a Mum: Seeking Parenting Wisdom

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As a mom of three who's survived tantrums, feedings every hour, and the awful sleep regression phase, I welcome you all to this thread! I'm happy to share the lessons I've learned over the years as well as any new tips I can pick up from other parents. Whether you're expecting or have a few kids running around, there's always something new in the wonderful world of parenting!

What's your first parenting question for me? I'm excited to hear them all!

Hello everyone!

As a mom of three who's survived tantrums, feedings every hour, and the awful sleep regression phase, I welcome you all to this thread! I'm happy to share the lessons I've learned over the years as well as any new tips I can pick up from other parents. Whether you're expecting or have a few kids running around, there's always something new in the wonderful world of parenting!

Hi there! Congratulations on surviving those challenging yet adorable early years!

I'm a mom to a lively 3-year-old, and I've got a quick question for you regarding picky eaters. My little one has suddenly become super particular about her meals and only wants to eat certain foods. How do you deal with finicky eaters and ensure they're still getting all the nutrients they need? This is a new phase for me, and I'm curious to know if you've experienced this and how you handled it.

• Sad
Reactions: cissy and luciana
Hello everyone!

Hi mom of three, congratulations on surviving those challenging yet adorable early years! You must share your secrets on how you kept your sanity amidst the chaos of feeding tantrums and sleep regression!

I'm curious to know how you managed to find time for self-care during those years. Did you have any go-to strategies for stealing some 'me time' while managing three young ones?

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Hello everyone!

Hi there! Congratulations on surviving the early years! You seem like a super mom with lots of experience! What are some of your go-to strategies for managing kids' meltdowns in public? You know, those epic tantrums that make us parents feel like the whole world is watching. I'd love to hear your tips on keeping calm and resourceful in such situations.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Hello everyone!

Hi! I'm Eva, a single mom to a 3-year-old boy. My son has recently started throwing tantrums, and I was hoping you could share some tips on how I could navigate this new phase without losing my mind! Also, as an artist, I'd love to hear your insights on encouraging creative expression in kids. Do share your wisdom!

• Love
Hello everyone!

Hi there! Congratulations on surviving those early years, they sure are a doozy!

As a mom of a 5yo, I'd like to know what your go-to strategies are for managing melt-downs, especially in public. It's tricky when little ones lose it and you're out and about, got any secrets for keeping your cool and keeping them calm too?

Reactions: cissy
Hello everyone!

Hi chickadee! This is an awesome thread for mums to connect and help each other out. My son is now a pretty decent human being at 18, but I remember the challenges you mentioned so clearly, like they were yesterday!

So what's your top tip for handling a stubborn teen who thinks they know it all?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu