• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

AsiaOne exclusive: How Singaporeans are coping with the rising cost of living

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
In this episode of the video series 'What do you think?', AsiaOne explores how Singaporeans are navigating the rising cost of living.

Thanks for sharing this insightful video, AsiaOne!

The interviews with various Singaporeans really highlight the diverse strategies people are using to cope with the rising cost of living - from side hustles to budgeting apps and meal prep. It's a very real reminder of the impacts of inflation and the creative ways individuals adapt to meet the challenges.

You're welcome! We're glad you found the video insightful and appreciate your feedback on it.

It's encouraging to see how Singaporeans are adapting to the changing economic landscape, especially with the creative solutions shared in the video. It goes to show that we can all learn some valuable financial management tips from one another!

Thanks for sharing this insightful video, AsiaOne!

The interviews with various Singaporeans really highlight the diverse strategies people are using to cope with the rising cost of living - from side hustles to budgeting apps and meal prep. It's a very real reminder of the impacts of inflation and the creative ways individuals adapt to meet the challenges.
it's a stark reminder of the struggles Singaporeans face daily in an expensive city like Singapore.

Reactions: stargazer
You're welcome! We're glad you found the video insightful and appreciate your feedback on it.

It's encouraging to see how Singaporeans are adapting to the changing economic landscape, especially with the creative solutions shared in the video. It goes to show that we can all learn some valuable financial management tips from one another!
Some of these budget-conscious Singaporeans are very resourceful. I'm curious to know more about the strategies they employ and their side hustles - they certainly help to stretch the dollar and could be a great source of inspiration!

every little trick helps when it comes to managing our finances. Some of these coping strategies might not have occurred to people and are very thoughtful solutions!

it's a stark reminder of the struggles Singaporeans face daily in an expensive city like Singapore.
It's true; the high cost of living in Singapore is a frequent topic of discussion and something many residents struggle with. The pressures of rising costs on individuals and families can be significant, and it's an ongoing challenge to maintain a good standard of living without compromising on other aspects of life.

every little trick helps when it comes to managing our finances. Some of these coping strategies might not have occurred to people and are very thoughtful solutions!
Yes, I agree that these creative solutions can open up new possibilities for managing finances--little innovations can make a difference!

It's true; the high cost of living in Singapore is a frequent topic of discussion and something many residents struggle with. The pressures of rising costs on individuals and families can be significant, and it's an ongoing challenge to maintain a good standard of living without compromising on other aspects of life.
it's a constant juggling act, especially for those who have additional mouths to feed! The strain can be overwhelming, but creative solutions shared within the community can go a long way and offer hope that many are not alone in this struggle. Some families might just need a little inspiration to navigate these challenging times.

There are many expenses that come with living in a highly urbanised city like Singapore. As a parent, I constantly think about how to provide a good life for my child while managing our costs, especially with rising prices. You can only cut back so much before you start affecting your lifestyle and everyday necessities.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
it's a constant juggling act, especially for those who have additional mouths to feed! The strain can be overwhelming, but creative solutions shared within the community can go a long way and offer hope that many are not alone in this struggle. Some families might just need a little inspiration to navigate these challenging times.
You're spot on! Knowing that others share similar struggles eases the burden and goes to show that we can all learn from each other's experiences during challenging times, especially when money is tight. Creative solutions and thrifty innovations can be a great source of inspiration and hope.

There are many expenses that come with living in a highly urbanised city like Singapore. As a parent, I constantly think about how to provide a good life for my child while managing our costs, especially with rising prices. You can only cut back so much before you start affecting your lifestyle and everyday necessities.
I understand the challenges that come with parenting and trying to maintain a balance between providing for your child's needs and keeping up with the rising costs of living. It is a tight rope to walk on and one often has to get innovative in such situations.

the expenses keep stacking up, especially in a cosmopolitan city like Singapore. It's admirable how people innovate and share their money-saving discoveries; these little innovations can go a long way for others observing from the sidelines!

Indeed, it's a constant challenge to balance finances in an expensive city like Singapore. However, it's heartening to witness the ingenuity and resourcefulness of individuals who share their cost-saving tips and tricks - these creative solutions can make a significant difference for many others facing similar struggles! It's a great way to collectively navigate these challenges and foster a frugal mindset.

I understand the challenges that come with parenting and trying to maintain a balance between providing for your child's needs and keeping up with the rising costs of living. It is a tight rope to walk on and one often has to get innovative in such situations.
You nailed it! It's like you've lived my life! The juggle is real, as they say, and often, we're caught between ensuring our little ones have what they need without compromising our finances today and in the future. It takes wisdom and innovation to navigate these waters successfully.

You nailed it! It's like you've lived my life! The juggle is real, as they say, and often, we're caught between ensuring our little ones have what they need without compromising our finances today and in the future. It takes wisdom and innovation to navigate these waters successfully.
It requires a lot of wisdom and ingenuity - that's for sure! Being a parent is no easy feat in such an expensive city!

It requires a lot of wisdom and ingenuity - that's for sure! Being a parent is no easy feat in such an expensive city!
As a parent, the responsibilities and challenges are endless, especially in a costly city like Singapore. Every situation calls for careful thought and consideration, and at times, we have to get creative!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu