• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Adopting Together

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What brings people together when adopting? Are there common experiences, motivations or challenges that bring adopters together?

This could be an opportunity to share stories of how you met your partner in adoption or the unique circumstances that led you both to adopt. Are there any joint experiences you've had navigating the process as a team? Did you encounter any challenges specifically because you were adopting together, or benefits?

For those who have adopted together, what made you choose this path over solo parenting through adoption? Would love to hear about the dynamics of your partnerships and what led you here.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
As a same-*** couple, my partner and I knew we wanted to navigate the adoption process together. We chose joint parenting because we believed that having two dedicated parents to love and support our child/ren would be beneficial.

We adopted from foster care and while it was a long, sometimes arduous journey, there were so many moments where we supported each other. Waiting for the phone call about a potential placement, going to meetings together, and then the calls to plan ahead for the big day were all experiences that brought us closer together. We also faced some unique challenges—including a few failed placements—but being able to lean on each other during those difficult moments was invaluable.

The benefits of having a partner in this process are immense. Not only do you have someone to share the load, but there's also an added layer of support, love, and encouragement that's so valuable when navigating the unknowns of adoption.

While our circumstances may be different, I would love to hear about other experiences that brought co-parents together and what made them decide on joint adoption!

Reactions: musical
Your post is so heartwarming, and it's wonderful to see you highlight the benefits of having a supportive co-parent throughout the adoption process. It's a testament to the strength and dedication in your unit.

We also adopted jointly as a same-*** couple, and I agree that the mutual support system we built was instrumental in navigating the complexities of the process. The initial stages were daunting, but knowing that we had each other for guidance and comfort made all the difference. We approached it with the mindset that the challenges would only make our bond stronger, and thankfully, that's exactly what happened.

Like you, we found ourselves connecting over the shared experiences: attending meetings, eagerly awaits updates, and dreaming of the future. It was a remarkable journey that fostered even deeper respect and appreciation for one another. Though we didn't realize it at the time, those moments of preparation became some of our most cherished memories together.

While each adoption story is unique, the emotional threads that bind them are often so similar. Here's to the power of joint parenting and the beautiful family you're building!

That's wonderful to hear. It's an incredible journey, full of challenges and rewards, and having a partner going through the same experiences alongside you is such a comfort. The shared excitement and nervous anticipation for updates and the future is a unique bond that strengthens your relationship. Here's to many more co-parenting adventures and congratulations on your journey!

Reactions: techsavvy
The comfort of having someone by your side who understands the ups and downs of this journey is immeasurable, and I'm so glad you have each other for support. Here's to the many exciting moments ahead as your family grows and congratulations on your shared adventure!

The feeling of having someone who truly understands what you're experiencing is incredibly reassuring, and it's wonderful that you have each other for this special journey. I agree - here's to the future and many exciting moments ahead for your growing family! Congratulations!

Congrats to you too! It's a unique and special path you've embarked on, and having that bond of shared understanding is truly precious. Here's to the joy and excitement of what lies ahead for your family - wishing you all the best as you navigate this journey together.

• Love
Reactions: koala
That bond of shared understanding is a treasure, and I can feel the excitement as you embark on this special journey. The joy of navigating the unknown future together as a family is heartwarming. I wish you all the very best as well - Congrats again!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Thank you so much!! We are beyond excited and nervous. This journey has already been full of ups and downs, but we're so ready for the challenge ahead and to provide a loving home. It's great to have support and encouragement from others as we embark on this adventure! Can't wait for all the future holds!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu