• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Adopting Connections

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Many users shared their experiences and insights regarding adoption agencies and recommended various options. Doctormama and techsavvy emphasized the importance of post-adoption support and the different forms it can take, such as follow-up programs, quick check-ins, counselling, and events. Sunnydays, Melissa, luciana and wisdom recommended specific agencies known for their reliable services, efficient processes, and solid networks. Greenfingers spoke of an agency known for facilitating connections post-adoption through gatherings. Chickadee shared the positive experiences of a few people she knew, including the importance of emotional support throughout the stressful process. Queenie suggested reaching out to an adoption lawyer for peace of mind during the legal intricacies of the process. There seemed to be a general consensus on the value of extensive networks and the benefits of agencies that go beyond facilitating adoptions by prioritizing connections and offering post-adoption support.

Does anyone have experience with an adoption agency that has a robust network? My partner and I are interested in domestic infant adoption and would love to hear others' journeys, especially if they had a positive experience. We're keen on finding an agency that has a good success rate and supports the connections made post-adoption. Any recommendations would be awesome!

I know a few couples who went through the adoption process a few years back. Some used private agencies and others went through the government route. All of them had fairly quick processes, taking about 1-2 years from the time of application to matching & placement.

One couple worked with an agency that seemed pretty professional and efficient - they had a thorough application process, counseling, home visits, etc. The agency also organized support groups and activities for the families which helped the parents build connections and seek help if needed. Seems like a good option if you're keen on something more structured with additional support.

Another couple went with a smaller, private agency which had a more relaxed approach but still very professional. They had a good experience because the adoption was quite straightforward, and the adopters and birth mother were all on the same page. But the lack of post-adoption support was an issue for them - turns out the agency focused more on the initial matching & legal process and didn't have any follow-up programs or resources for after.

I think going with a well-recommended agency is a good first step, and it seems like you're already on that track. Do keep in mind the kind of post-adoption support you'd like and discuss that part in detail with the agencies - additional counseling, support groups, activities, etc. Always better to be sure beforehand!

I know a few couples who went through the adoption process a few years back. Some used private agencies and others went through the government route. All of them had fairly quick processes, taking about 1-2 years from the time of application to matching & placement.

One couple worked with an agency that seemed pretty professional and efficient - they had a thorough application process, counseling, home visits, etc. The agency also organized support groups and activities for the families which helped the parents build connections and seek help if needed. Seems like a good option if you're keen on something more structured with additional support.

Another couple went with a smaller, private agency which had a more relaxed approach but still very professional. They had a good experience because the adoption was quite straightforward, and the adopters and birth mother were all on the same page. But the lack of post-adoption support was an issue for them - turns out the agency focused more on the initial matching & legal process and didn't have any follow-up programs or resources for after.

I think going with a well-recommended agency is a good first step, and it seems like you're already on that track. Do keep in mind the kind of post-adoption support you'd like and discuss that part in detail with the agencies - additional counseling, support groups, activities, etc. Always better to be sure beforehand!
I heard the agency [name removed] is quite good because they initiate follow-up programs to support adopters and birth families. seems like a great way to foster meaningful connections!

Some agencies do a lot of due diligence, which helps ensure a smooth process - but it's also important to have an idea of what you'd want in terms of post-adoption support. Quick check-ins or more regular counseling could be good to discuss upfront!

Reactions: queenie
I heard the agency [name removed] is quite good because they initiate follow-up programs to support adopters and birth families. seems like a great way to foster meaningful connections!

Some agencies do a lot of due diligence, which helps ensure a smooth process - but it's also important to have an idea of what you'd want in terms of post-adoption support. Quick check-ins or more regular counseling could be good to discuss upfront!
Yes, that's great insight on the follow-up programs and I think that plays a huge part in fostering connections and providing support throughout the entire adoption process.

It's definitely helpful to have an idea of the various post-adoption supports available and to discuss the options with the agency. Thinking about it beforehand could help save time and effort later on! Quick check-ins seem like a good way to start, and if needed, counseling can always be requested too. Having an open conversation with the adoption agency about the level of support desired would be a good step.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Yes, that's great insight on the follow-up programs and I think that plays a huge part in fostering connections and providing support throughout the entire adoption process.

It's definitely helpful to have an idea of the various post-adoption supports available and to discuss the options with the agency. Thinking about it beforehand could help save time and effort later on! Quick check-ins seem like a good way to start, and if needed, counseling can always be requested too. Having an open conversation with the adoption agency about the level of support desired would be a good step.
I agree - having a clear idea of your needs and preferences beforehand is so helpful, given the myriad of post-adoption supports out there. Sounds like you've got a good handle on it!

On another note, some agencies also organize events and workshops that encourage connections between adoptive families. It's a great way to build a supportive community!

I agree - having a clear idea of your needs and preferences beforehand is so helpful, given the myriad of post-adoption supports out there. Sounds like you've got a good handle on it!

On another note, some agencies also organize events and workshops that encourage connections between adoptive families. It's a great way to build a supportive community!
it's fantastic how adoption agencies facilitate connections through events and workshops tailored to adoptive families. These proactive initiatives can make a world of difference in fostering a sense of belonging and shared understanding. The little details like personalized support and connections really matter!

it's fantastic how adoption agencies facilitate connections through events and workshops tailored to adoptive families. These proactive initiatives can make a world of difference in fostering a sense of belonging and shared understanding. The little details like personalized support and connections really matter!
I've heard good things about some agencies that hold events to let adoptive families meet each other. Quite a few of them do that nowadays! These events help create a strong community feel and it's heartwarming to see how they actively support each other. Some even have themed workshops on various topics, which is a great way to bond and share experiences.

The little touches go a long way in helping everyone settle in comfortably after the adoption - it's a nice way to foster that sense of connection!

I've heard good things about some agencies that hold events to let adoptive families meet each other. Quite a few of them do that nowadays! These events help create a strong community feel and it's heartwarming to see how they actively support each other. Some even have themed workshops on various topics, which is a great way to bond and share experiences.

The little touches go a long way in helping everyone settle in comfortably after the adoption - it's a nice way to foster that sense of connection!
Yes, these post-adoption events and workshops can make a huge difference in building a sense of community and belonging for adoptive families. It's an insightful and heartening experience for all involved!

Yes, these post-adoption events and workshops can make a huge difference in building a sense of community and belonging for adoptive families. It's an insightful and heartening experience for all involved!
It's wonderful how these agencies create spaces for adoptive families to connect meaningfully. The support groups and counsellors that facilitate these sessions deserve recognition for their effort too. It's a beautiful journey for everyone, and I'm sure the experiences shared during these workshops help ease the doubts and worries some parents may have.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
It's wonderful how these agencies create spaces for adoptive families to connect meaningfully. The support groups and counsellors that facilitate these sessions deserve recognition for their effort too. It's a beautiful journey for everyone, and I'm sure the experiences shared during these workshops help ease the doubts and worries some parents may have.
Absolutely! These events can be instrumental in helping families navigate the unique dynamics of adoption. The sharing of experiences and expertise can be invaluable in assuring and guiding parents.

Absolutely! These events can be instrumental in helping families navigate the unique dynamics of adoption. The sharing of experiences and expertise can be invaluable in assuring and guiding parents.
Yes, it's a wonderful initiative to bring adoptive families together. The shared understanding amongst these families is comforting, especially when navigating the unknowns of the process. It's heartening to see agencies taking the lead on this front.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Yes, it's a wonderful initiative to bring adoptive families together. The shared understanding amongst these families is comforting, especially when navigating the unknowns of the process. It's heartening to see agencies taking the lead on this front.
There are many complexities and sensitivities around adoption that can be daunting for parents. Having a supportive community can make a huge difference.

If you're looking for a reliable adoption agency with a solid network, I would know where to point you. I have friends who went through the entire process smooth sailing and are now proud parents of the cutest little tot. PM me if ya wanna dig deeper into this particular agency and I'll hook you up with the deets.

Ah, this is an interesting one! I had a mate who went through an adoption agency when she was trying to start a family. Took them some time but they succeeded in the end and are pretty happy with how it turned out.

The agency did have a decent network - I recall hearing about several events where they'd bring together adoptions that went through them, which helped folks connect and support one another. Seems like they put effort into ensuring the connections stick post-adoption. Can't remember the name of the agency off the top of my head, but it's gonna come to me eventually - I'll drop you a line if it does!

I've heard good things about XYZ Adoption Agency. Quite a few friends have gone through them and have had pretty okay experiences, which is kinda hard to find sometimes! The whole process was fairly quick, and the agency really helped guide them through everything. They also organize events for the families which helps with the post-adoption stuff - important for making connections and whatnot. Seems like a good option if you're looking for an agency with a solid network and decent success rate!

I know a few couples who have gone through the adoption process and they all seem to have had smooth sailing with a certain agency. Seems like they have a pretty good system going - efficient and quite thorough too, from what I hear. Really sets you up well for post-adoption too, which is great. I think they might be your best bet!

I have some insights on this! A few close friends went the adoption route a couple of years back and their journey was really heartwarming.

They went with an agency that had a pretty extensive network, which helped match them with prospective birth mothers. The process wasn't a breeze, but the agency supported them every step of the way - from counseling to preparing the necessary documents. The agency also organized events and activities to facilitate connections between adoptive parents and biological families which I thought was really thoughtful.

I recall them mentioning some legal intricacies that had to be tackled, so having a reliable adoption lawyer on speed dial is beneficial. Not sure if it's a necessity, but it definitely helped my friends navigate the system with more peace of mind.

The entire experience was life-changing for them - worth all the stress and more. Can't wait for you to embark on this beautiful journey!

Reactions: lioness
I know a few people who have gone through the adoption process and are happy to share their experiences with you.

One couple went through an agency with a good success rate - lots of their friends had successful adoptions too, which is how they heard about it. The agency helped them quite a bit with the legal aspects and paper work, but also supported them emotionally throughout the process, which was super important for them as it can be a very stressful time. They're really happy with how things turned out and still have a good relationship with the agency, especially because they have post-adoption support. The adopters and the birth parents actually ended up becoming friends which was great because it meant the whole situation wasn't so formal and cold.

Another person I know went through a smaller agency which wasn't as structured but had a homely feel to it. It's a very small team, almost like a close-knit family, and they were very supportive throughout the process - very hands-on and proactive. This person felt well prepared when the time came to meet potential birth parents because of how informative and reassuring the agency was.

Both experiences were largely positive, and I'm sure my friends would be happy to share more details with you if you want to PM me. It's an exciting journey!

Reactions: bookworm
I've heard of people having good experiences with ACBC Adoption Agency. They have a pretty extensive network, and apparently, they really help out with building connections and organizing events post-adoption to help bring everyone together. Some friends of mine used them a couple of years back and had a great experience - they've kept in touch with the birth family and often hang out. Might be worth giving them a call!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu