• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Active Mums and Fitness Hacks

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd like to share some effective active mum fitness hacks that have helped me stay energized and focused throughout my day caring for my little ones.

Home Workout Routine

As a busy mum, I often find it challenging to balance work, parenting, and self-care. Hence, a workout routine from home is super useful! Here's what works for me:

- High-intensity intervals (HIIT) using bodyweight exercises or short bursts of jogging with the kids (we have an indoor area where we can run around).
- Yoga sessions in our living room with quick online flows.

These short yet intense workouts help keep my blood flowing and energy levels high between caring, cooking meals, and helping with homework.

Getting Creative with Family Time

I also ensure that my physical activity is not just about getting a good exercise but something we all enjoy as a family. For instance:

- Putting on some upbeat music together in our living room and having an impromptu dance party.
- Joining toddler-friendly outdoor activities or playground visits to run around with the kids.

The goal here isn't only "exercise" but overall wellness through bonding with my children and doing something we all love!

Meal Prep for a Smooth Day

Healthy eating is crucial for any active mum. Here's how I approach meal prep:

- Breakfast (and sometimes lunch) bowls are a savior! They're quick to prepare, and the ingredients can be changed up based on what's in season.
- Keeping a list of super nutritious finger foods that are perfect for munching during playtime or before any energetic activities.

These simple tips have really helped me navigate through busy mum life with more energy and less stress. What about you all? Do you have any similar hacks or routines you'd like to share? I'm all ears (and hands) for ideas!

• Love
Reactions: koala
The short yet intense workouts help keep my blood flowing and energy levels high between caring, cooking meals, and helping with homework.'.

Reactions: doctormama
I've found that HIIT workouts help increase my endurance throughout the day, especially when managing a household with young kids and a demanding job schedule.'

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu