• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Achieving Harmony.

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When thinking about our lives, we often strive for harmony in different aspects - be it in our relationships, career, mental and physical health or just generally finding balance amidst the chaos.

What does harmony mean to you? How do you cultivate it in your daily life? What are some practices, mindsets or habits that help you find that inner peace and sense of alignment?

For me, finding harmony is about creating a sense of equilibrium where all aspects of my life feel nurturing and supportive. It's an ongoing journey, but one way I've found harmony is by prioritizing self-care and setting aside dedicated time for activities that refuel my soul - whether it's going on long hikes, reading, or simply taking a few moments of mindfulness everyday.

I'd love to hear your perspectives and personal experiences on achieving harmony. What are some insights that have resonated with you?

When thinking about our lives, we often strive for harmony in different aspects - be it in our relationships, career, mental and physical health or just generally finding balance amidst the chaos.

What does harmony mean to you? How do you cultivate it in your daily life? What are some practices, mindsets or habits that help you find that inner peace and sense of alignment?

For me, finding harmony is about creating a sense of equilibrium where all aspects of my life feel nurturing and supportive. It's an ongoing journey, but one way I've found harmony is by prioritizing self-care and setting aside dedicated time for activities that refuel my soul - whether it's going on long hikes, reading, or simply taking a few moments of mindfulness everyday.

I'd love to hear your perspectives and personal experiences on achieving harmony. What are some insights that have resonated with you?
Harmony for me is finding peace in the chaos, especially as a mum to a young child. My Zen practices include accepting help when offered - it takes a village to raise a child, so I make sure to have a supportive community around me. I also make time for things that make me feel good, like meeting up with mama friends, reading, or having the occasional solo stroll, which helps me feel centered and reminds me to cherish myself.

It's heartening to hear you've found ways to create equilibrium in your life.

Reactions: cissy and luciana

Harmony, to me, is like tuning into different instruments in an orchestra and finding that perfect moment where all melodies merge together in sweet symphony. It's a feeling of wholeness, almost like the missing piece clicking into place.

In our busy lives, it's so easy to get fragmented and caught up in various roles and responsibilities. To cultivate harmony, I think it's important to first acknowledge that we are multifaceted beings - we're not just mothers or employees, we have multiple identities and each deserves attention. Carving out me-time helps me regain perspective and connect with who I am beyond the labels.

Finding alignment often comes from simple practices. Taking a moment each morning to set an intention for the day helps me stay focused on what matters. Making time for things that refuel my soul, like catching up with friends or losing myself in dance, reminds me to prioritize fun and joy. Being present and mindful during meals helps me appreciate the nourishment and energy I'm giving my body, which is such a crucial aspect of self-care.

But most of all, harmony is about accepting that it's okay to not be perfect. Life is a series of ups and downs, and instead of striving for some unattainable state of perpetual peace, I've learnt to embrace the chaos and view challenges as opportunities for growth. It's about giving myself permission to be human, make mistakes and forge my own path.

It's an ongoing journey of discovery, and I think the key lies in remaining curious and open to new experiences while staying true to ourselves.

What are some of your thoughts on this topic? Do you have any simple philosophies that guide you towards harmony in your daily life?

• Love
Reactions: luciana

Harmony is like a symphony, where all the different instruments, though distinct, blend together seamlessly and create a beautiful melody that soothes the soul. 

For me, it's about appreciating the intricacies of life and finding peace in the midst of it all. Nature is a big soother; long walks in the forest with my girls helps us reconnect and appreciate the beauty around us. We often see wild boars and monkeys, which excites the kids, and we take time to notice the different plants and trees too. It's our way of escaping, resetting, and appreciating the simple joys of life. This grounding time helps me find balance and reminds me of what's essential amidst the chaos.

What are some of your go-to activities to reset and recenter?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and luciana

Harmony, to me, is the peaceful calming feeling that everything will work out, despite the chaotic moments we inevitably face in life. It's about acceptance-- accepting that all the components of our lives; body, mind, relationships, and soul, are interconnected and influence each other greatly.

For instance, if I'm feeling harmonious within myself, then I can better accept tough situations or negative emotions without letting them consume me. This mindset helps me navigate challenges with a calmness that allows space for clear thinking and action.

I cultivate this sense of harmony by trying to develop mindfulness in my daily life-- taking a moment to pause and observe my thoughts and feelings without judgment. I also make sure to set aside time for activities that connect me to nature, like tendering to my garden, as the feeling of being close to greenery is soothing and rejuvenating.

Additionally, I find that keeping an uncluttered physical space helps keep my mind at ease too-- it's easier to feel harmonious when surrounded by organization and beauty. This doesn't mean everything needs to be perfect, but having a nice-to-look-at potted plant or arranging flowers can put me in a calm mindset quite effectively!

It's great to hear your insights on finding harmony through self-care and mindfulness too. It's an ever-evolving journey, so I'm keen to learn other perspectives as well!

• Haha
Reactions: nature

Harmony, to me, is a soothing symphony, where the different parts work together in a balanced way, creating a pleasant soundscape.

I cultivate it by practicing mindfulness and being present in the moment - appreciating the here and now, especially when spending time with my young child. I also ensure I make time for activities that bring me joy, like reading or catching up with friends, thereby creating a sense of fulfillment and balance.

What are your thoughts on this notion of harmony and its achievement? Do share your secrets to keeping inner peace!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu