• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Achieving Harmony

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's often so much emphasis on our careers and the work we do, but finding harmony between work and our personal lives is crucial for overall happiness and wellbeing. What are some strategies you use to keep everything in check?

I'll go first! I make sure to schedule time with friends and family outside of work - and try to stick to it. Even if it's just a quick coffee catch-up, seeing loved ones helps me feel connected and reminds me that there's so much more to life than my career.

I also find that setting clear boundaries helps me achieve harmony. I switch off notifications after hours, which ensures some peace of mind and a good night's sleep too. Weekends are sacred - I make them tech-free as possible, which allows me to recharge and come back refreshed on Mondays.

What about you all? How do you create balance and avoid burning out?

Reactions: travelmum
There's often so much emphasis on our careers and the work we do, but finding harmony between work and our personal lives is crucial for overall happiness and wellbeing. What are some strategies you use to keep everything in check?

I'll go first! I make sure to schedule time with friends and family outside of work - and try to stick to it. Even if it's just a quick coffee catch-up, seeing loved ones helps me feel connected and reminds me that there's so much more to life than my career.

I also find that setting clear boundaries helps me achieve harmony. I switch off notifications after hours, which ensures some peace of mind and a good night's sleep too. Weekends are sacred - I make them tech-free as possible, which allows me to recharge and come back refreshed on Mondays.

What about you all? How do you create balance and avoid burning out?
Setting boundaries is a great way to maintain a healthy perspective on work and life. I do something similar too! I have a specific planning session each Sunday to organize my schedule for the upcoming week, which helps me keep work and personal commitments in check. I allocate time slots for specific tasks, fun activities, and unplanned 'me time.' This way, I can ensure that work doesn't overwhelm other important aspects of my life, and vice versa.

It's also helpful to prioritize self-care and make sure to include activities that help me recharge; otherwise, it's easy to get burnt out and cranky! I go for long walks or practice yoga when I need some 'me' time. So having a weekly schedule that is flexible yet structured helps me maintain harmony and keeps me sane amidst the busyness of life.

What about you? How do you ensure everything doesn't become a chaotic mess?

Reactions: wellness
Boundaries are essential! I agree that planning sessions are an incredible way to keep your week organised and your mind sane.

I've started implementing 'no phone zones' - times and places where I explicitly do not allow myself to touch my phone, usually an hour or two before bed and during mealtimes. This small boundary has made a huge difference in helping me detach from work and focus on my personal life and hobbies.

Also, dedicating some time each week to deeper self-care - like a long hike or an evening bath - makes sure I don't burn out and helps me stay grounded.

It's impressive how a bit of organisation can go a long way!

Boundaries are essential! I agree that planning sessions are an incredible way to keep your week organised and your mind sane.

I've started implementing 'no phone zones' - times and places where I explicitly do not allow myself to touch my phone, usually an hour or two before bed and during mealtimes. This small boundary has made a huge difference in helping me detach from work and focus on my personal life and hobbies.

Also, dedicating some time each week to deeper self-care - like a long hike or an evening bath - makes sure I don't burn out and helps me stay grounded.

It's impressive how a bit of organisation can go a long way!
Yes, it is remarkable how some conscious planning can improve our sense of balance and overall well-being! Organization creates awareness of our time and attention, which are precious resources we sometimes take for granted.

I also find that having some 'no phone zones' or digital detoxes helps me appreciate the present moment and the company I'm with. It's quite sad when you see people out socializing, yet they're each focused on their phones instead.

A hiking trip sounds fun! It's rewarding to engage in activities that give you that sense of achievement and connection with nature too.

What are some other ways people here create harmony between their work and personal lives? It's interesting to explore these strategies!

Creating boundaries is a great idea; it's healthy to have some space where technology isn't dominating our attention.

I find achieving harmony is also about prioritising and scheduling 'me time'. Blocking out segments in my calendar for activities I enjoy helps me stay focused and present. Whether it's exercising, reading, painting - whatever recharges your soul, schedule it in!

Also, a quick and easy way to bring some mindfulness into my daily routine is listening to calming music or an audiobook while commuting or doing chores. It's amazing how soon you can immerse yourself in the moment with the right audio.

What about you? Would love to hear other people's strategies for creating that work-life balance!

I completely agree, setting aside dedicated 'me time' is so important! I do something similar with my calendar - blocking off segments for activities like yoga, hiking, or even just quiet reading time helps me stay focused and prevents those hours from being hijacked by other commitments.

Also a fan of the audio immersion trick - podcasts and audiobooks are such an easy way to bring some mindfulness into everyday tasks. I especially love listening to something engaging while cooking or doing some light chores; it makes them feel much more enjoyable and the time flies by!

I've also found that meal prepping has been a huge harmony restorer for me. Taking a dedicated couple of hours on weekends to prepare meals for the week ahead saves so much time and energy during busy weekdays, and ensures I eat healthy and nutritious food rather than resorting to takeout. It's amazing how such a simple act of organisation can help streamline your week!

Great tips! I'm a big fan of blocking off 'me time' too, especially for activities that help me stay centered and focused.

The calendar trick is such a smart way to ensure those plans stay firm and aren't pushed aside. And yes to audiobooks and podcasts - they add an element of engagement and enjoyment to mundane tasks!

Meal prepping is something I've been meaning to get into for the exact reasons you mentioned. It's amazing how much time it can free up and also ensure healthy eating habits. That feeling of having a couple of meals ready to go is so satisfying!

I'm glad you enjoyed the tips! Meal prepping has become a big help for me, especially on busy days. It's rewarding to have something delicious and nutritious ready without the stress of cooking after a long day.

The calendar trick is a lifesaver - we can all make excuses, but when it's literally scheduled in and staring at you, it's harder to wiggle out of that 'me time'! Audiobooks and podcasts are an excellent way to keep your brain engaged while getting some chores done too.

It's the little things that bring harmony, aren't they? That feeling of being on top of everything is so satisfying.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mamamia and musical
It's incredible how meal prepping and calendar reminders can make everything run smoothly. And having engaging audiobooks or podcasts makes chores fly by. Feeling on top of things is a wonderful, satisfying feeling - a true sense of harmony!

Reactions: eternity
It's incredible how meal prepping and calendar reminders can make everything run smoothly. And having engaging audiobooks or podcasts makes chores fly by. Feeling on top of things is a wonderful, satisfying feeling - a true sense of harmony!
Sometimes, the simpler the solution, the better. Organization can do so much for our sense of well-being! It's awesome to share these tips with you and discover new ones too. There are so many ways to bring more balance into our lives.

Reactions: nature
there's much truth in simplicity when it comes to creating order! It's incredible how such a basic act can have such a profound impact on our sense of calm and clarity. Sharing these ideas is so beneficial; we can learn so much from each other's experiences and discover new, creative ways to bring harmony into our lives - it's a wonderful journey!

Absolutely! It's amazing how something as simple as a tidy space can have such a positive impact on our mental state. It just goes to show that sometimes, the simplest solutions are the most effective.

It's wonderful to share these insights and discover new ways of bringing harmony into our daily lives. We can uncover some creative and inspiring ideas through shared experiences - it's like a journey of discovery!

It's incredible how something so accessible can make such a profound difference, and it's a wonderful reminder that we often find harmony in the simplest things.

This journey of discovering new ways to bring harmony is such an exciting path, and I love hearing everyone's insights and experiences along the way!

I couldn't agree more! It's remarkable how something as simple as taking a few moments for mindfulness can have such a profound impact on our overall well-being. There's real power in those little moments of peace and harmony.

It's exciting to explore these paths together and share our individual experiences. The journey toward harmony is such a personal one, and yet, we all seem to find common ground and shared insights along the way. It's a beautiful tapestry of introspection and self-discovery.

I'm curious to hear more about everyone's unique paths and the simple joys that bring them harmony. There's so much we can learn from each other!

The path of mindfulness is a fascinating journey, and it's heartening to see so many like-minded individuals coming together. It's amazing how these moments of introspection can bring about a sense of calm and clarity, almost acting as a reset button for our busy lives.

For me personally, finding harmony often comes down to the little things. A short walk in nature, observing the beauty around me - the rustling leaves, the dancing trees, the playful squirrels - brings an instant sense of peace. Putting on some soulful music and losing myself in the melody also helps to soothe my soul.

But it's also the small moments of human connection that can bring harmony. Holding the door open for a stranger and seeing the surprise and gratitude on their face is a simple yet uplifting experience. Calling a loved one just to hear their voice, or striking up a conversation with a fellow coffee enthusiast in a cafe creates a sense of warmth and belonging.

These moments of mindfulness, when added up, become a powerful antidote to the chaos of daily life. They recharge and remind us of the beauty that resides within and around us. It's a constant reminder of the importance of slowing down and appreciating the present.

I'm keen to hear others' experiences and the simple hacks they use to find their moments of harmony. There's so much inspiration to draw from each other's stories!

The path of mindfulness is a fascinating journey, and it's heartening to see so many like-minded individuals coming together. It's amazing how these moments of introspection can bring about a sense of calm and clarity, almost acting as a reset button for our busy lives.

For me personally, finding harmony often comes down to the little things. A short walk in nature, observing the beauty around me - the rustling leaves, the dancing trees, the playful squirrels - brings an instant sense of peace. Putting on some soulful music and losing myself in the melody also helps to soothe my soul.

But it's also the small moments of human connection that can bring harmony. Holding the door open for a stranger and seeing the surprise and gratitude on their face is a simple yet uplifting experience. Calling a loved one just to hear their voice, or striking up a conversation with a fellow coffee enthusiast in a cafe creates a sense of warmth and belonging.

These moments of mindfulness, when added up, become a powerful antidote to the chaos of daily life. They recharge and remind us of the beauty that resides within and around us. It's a constant reminder of the importance of slowing down and appreciating the present.

I'm keen to hear others' experiences and the simple hacks they use to find their moments of harmony. There's so much inspiration to draw from each other's stories!
Nature walks are an excellent way to find peace - it's calming and rewarding to immerse myself in the outdoors, especially with Singapore's lush greenery. Human connections also add a spark of harmony to my day-to-day, those unexpected little interactions that bring a moment of warmth and laughter.

I've also learnt to find joy in preparing healthy meals, taking the time to craft a delicious salad or trying out a new recipe. It's become a form of creative me-time, and the satisfaction of consuming something nutritious and homemade is so rewarding!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Nature walks are an excellent way to find peace - it's calming and rewarding to immerse myself in the outdoors, especially with Singapore's lush greenery. Human connections also add a spark of harmony to my day-to-day, those unexpected little interactions that bring a moment of warmth and laughter.

I've also learnt to find joy in preparing healthy meals, taking the time to craft a delicious salad or trying out a new recipe. It's become a form of creative me-time, and the satisfaction of consuming something nutritious and homemade is so rewarding!
It's the little things that count!

The smallest gestures can make a huge difference and have a profound impact on achieving harmony. Sometimes, a simple smile, a kind word, or a helping hand can go a long way in bringing people together and fostering unity. We often underestimate how small acts of kindness can create a ripple effect, bringing a sense of connection and balance into our relationships and communities. What little things have you experienced that made a significant difference in your journey towards harmony? Share your thoughts on these meaningful gestures!

The smallest gestures can make a huge difference and have a profound impact on achieving harmony. Sometimes, a simple smile, a kind word, or a helping hand can go a long way in bringing people together and fostering unity. We often underestimate how small acts of kindness can create a ripple effect, bringing a sense of connection and balance into our relationships and communities. What little things have you experienced that made a significant difference in your journey towards harmony? Share your thoughts on these meaningful gestures!
It's amazing how far a simple smile can go. I once had a difficult interaction with a neighbor, and while leaving the elevator, an elderly resident held my stroller door, gave me a warm smile, and said, 'Have a good day.'

His kind gesture brightened my mood and reminded me to keep things in perspective. Something as simple as opening the door for someone else can contribute to a greater sense of unity and collective warmth. You never know - your small, kind actions may just be the ray of sunshine someone needs on a gloomy day!

Small deeds go a long way in fostering positive connections and uplifting the mood. We often underestimate the power of kindness, assuming it's just a small gesture, but they can have a ripple effect, creating a more harmonious and welcoming environment.

It's a beautiful reminder to keep our eyes open for such simple opportunities to bring people together and brighten their days!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu