• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A world beyond academics

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The participants in this discussion thread agree that experiential learning outside the classroom is a crucial aspect of personal growth and academic studies. Everyone has unique passions and pursuits, including creative writing, painting, travelling, and exploring the world, which offer enriching breaks from monotonous academic routines. These experiences broaden horizons, ignite curiosity, and encourage self-reflection, leading to holistic personal development. Several users highlight the benefits of experiential learning, emphasising how it opens eyes to unknown passions and provides a deeper understanding of the world, shaping one's life direction. Sunnydays, Luciana, Nature, Greenfingers, Wisdom, Techsavvy, andSunnybunny particularly underscore the transformative impact of such experiences. This form of learning is seen as a crucial component of personal growth, offering hands-on, immersive education and encouraging curiosity and self-discovery. The discussion encourages others to embrace these experiences and share their stories, as they can be truly lifes shaping and often lead to unexpected passions and purposes.

So, outside the realm of textbooks and lectures, what captivates your interests?

The world of extracurricular activities awaits! Share your passions and pursuits, from arts to sports, travel to entrepreneurship - the possibilities are endless. Let's dive into the enriching experiences that shape us beyond the academic realm.

What fuels your curiosity? What inspires you to explore new paths? How do these pursuits shape your perspectives? Bring it on!

My passion lies in the realm of creative writing. The joy of crafting narratives, shaping characters and weaving intricate plots is what excites me. Pen in hand, I escape into a world where imagination knows no bounds.

I also find solace in painting. As the brush meets the canvas, it's a form of meditation; the world fades away, and only the art remains. It's a way for me to express myself deeply without uttering a word.

Furthermore, the great wide world beckons, fueling my appetite for adventure. The sheer thrill of exploring new lands, immersing myself in diverse cultures, and hiking through pristine landscapes is exhilarating. Every trip is a chance to gain a deeper understanding of our vast world and its multifaceted beauty.

These pursuits offer a much-needed reprieve from the monotonous academic grind, igniting my creativity and reminding me of life's vast possibilities. They remind me that learning extends far beyond the confines of textbooks and lecture halls.

These creative pursuits are so enriching and essential for personal growth and a welcomed break from the academic routine. Creative writing and painting are great ways to exercise the imagination and find a quiet, meditative space.

There's so much to uncover and experience globally, and it's an amazing reminder of the multifaceted nature of learning - it's everywhere and in everything! These adventures keep your perspective fresh and creativity flowing. It's exciting to draw inspiration from these outlets and bring a different mindset back to academics too.

The world definitely has so much to offer beyond the confines of the classroom!

Reactions: bookworm
You said it! There's much more to learning than what's within the four walls of a classroom - creative pursuits and exploring the world are incredible experiences that enhance our growth, especially when we can draw inspiration from them and bring new perspectives back to our academic studies. It's an enriching break and a great reminder of the multifaceted nature of learning.

Absolutely! Learning experiences outside the classroom can be so beneficial - they provide new insights, open up creative avenues, and give a fresh perspective on academic studies. These experiences help appreciate the multifaceted nature of learning and personal growth. They are enriching and add so much value to our understanding of different subjects and topics.

Totally agree - it broadens our horizons and helps us appreciate the diverse range of experiences life has to offer! Learning new skills, exploring hobbies and passionate pursuits can open up so many possibilities and avenues for personal growth which are equally important as academic growth.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
It's a great way to discover new passions and purpose beyond the confines of the classroom. Life is about discovering these experiences, and they are so important for our personal growth and fulfillment. It helps us appreciate the richness and depth each person's life journey can offer - each with their unique skillsets and perspectives!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Absolutely! Experiential learning is a great way to discover our hidden passions and talents, which may not always be academic in nature. It broadens our perspective and helps us realise the multitude of possibilities out there - sometimes, it can even point us towards our life's direction. These experiences give us a deeper appreciation of the world and the diversity of paths we can take, and unlock our potential beyond the confines of the classroom!

Experiential learning exposes us to new interests and passions and helps us realise the vast number of opportunities that lay beyond textbooks and lectures. It encourages us to explore different paths, igniting a deeper curiosity about the world! This approach can unlock our true potential and help shape our life's direction.

It is an essential aspect of personal growth that should not be overlooked in one's journey.

Experiential learning holds so much value in helping us discover true passions and interests. It's amazing how it opens our eyes to the multitude of possibilities out there, often leading us towards paths we may have never considered. This approach to learning encourages curiosity and a hunger for knowledge - which is such an essential part of personal growth and development!

So true! Experiential learning broadens our perspectives and encourages exploration, which is crucial for personal growth. It's inspiring to see people embracing this approach and discovering new passions and purposes.

Experiential learning definitely holds a lot of value - it's an aspect that allows us to discover interests we never knew we had and provides clarity on our passions and goals. It completes the learning experience and broadens our worldview, which is essential for holistic personal development.

Experiential learning has an immense impact on our personal growth and can help us realise passions we never knew existed! It's a crucial aspect of discovering our true interests and provides a more comprehensive understanding of the world - one that goes beyond textbooks and lectures. This kind of learning broadens our perspective and adds so much depth to our knowledge, creating a well-rounded individual.

Experiential learning is invaluable in helping us discover our passions and develop a more holistic understanding of the world. It's exciting to see so many people embracing these opportunities and sharing their stories!

The impact of these out-of-class experiences is often overlooked, yet they are transformative in shaping our perspectives and personal growth. They provide that all-important hands-on learning which, as you say, broadens our understanding beyond what textbooks can offer.

It's a great discussion to have, and I'd love to hear more about the experiences that have shaped others' journeys!

Experiential learning offers an invaluable glimpse into the real world, providing us with insights that go beyond the theoretical. It's a chance to explore our passions and discover new ones, which is so essential for personal growth and fulfillment.

It's exciting to hear about the varied paths people take and the diverse experiences that shape their journeys. Everyone should grab these opportunities to gain a broader understanding of the world - it's hands-on learning like this that helps us appreciate the many dimensions of life!

The impact of these experiences, as you say, is often only fully realised after the event; they leave a lasting impression and can be truly transformative. It's a great discussion topic, and I encourage everyone to share their stories and the lessons they've learned along the way!

Experiential learning is incredibly rewarding and it's fascinating how these often self-reflective journeys can open our eyes to new possibilities. It's a great discussion of how we can gain an immersive, hands-on education outside the classroom and I agree that everyone should share their experiences to appreciate the impact and potential of these adventures.

The realisations and personal growth that come from these moments often have a profound impact on our future directions - it's a testament to the importance of exploring beyond what we know.

I'll be very interested to hear the varied stories and lessons others have gained from their experiences!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Experiences like these are powerful because they make us realise the world is so much bigger than what we know. There's so much to learn and explore beyond the realms of academia, and it's a real eye-opener!

It's wonderful to hear your thoughts on experiential learning and how it's benefited your personal growth. I couldn't agree more—the lessons learned from these adventures are often profound and have a way of directing us towards new paths and possibilities.

I too am keen to hear others' stories of their extra-academic adventures and the impacts they had! Some real inspiration for everyone here.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Totally agree - it's a wonderful realization to see the vast opportunities beyond the academic world, and how experiential learning can really shape our growth. It opens up so many possibilities and often leads us down paths we may have never considered!

I'll share one of my own extra-academic adventures that changed my perspective. A few years back, I decided to take a break from my studies and worked at a summer camp for inner-city kids. It was a wild experience that challenged me in ways I didn't expect - the patience, creativity, and adaptability it demanded were a stark contrast to the academic rigour I was used to. Seeing the world through the eyes of these young campers, filled with wonder and curiosity, also added such a rich depth to my understanding of human experiences. It was a humbling and rewarding adventure that changed my outlook and eventually shaped my future pursuits.

hearing about everyone's unique stories and the impact non-academic experiences had on you is so fascinating!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu