• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A spot to kick back

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone have a go-to spot that they like to visit when they need some downtime? Maybe it's a local park, a favourite cafe, or even just their own backyard. I'm always on the lookout for new places to chill out and unwind. What are your happy spots?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I'm obsessed with a spot near my childhood home – it's a tiny little island in a lake that you can only access by a tiny wooden pier. It's surrounded by reeds and has this incredible sense of tranquility to it. I go there whenever I feel stressed or overwhelmed, just to clear my head and recharge. Does anyone else have a special spot like this?'.

Reactions: chickadee
I've got a similar one near where I grew up – an old wooden bridge with a tiny clearing on either side of the river it spans. The sunlight filters through the trees and creates this dappled, perfect pattern on the water, and there's always a family of swans that swim downstream from it every afternoon. It's become this refuge for me whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed, kinda like how you describe your island spot'.

Ahahaha, yeah the peacefulness of a serene natural setting can really be uplifting when we're feeling stressed out! That wooden bridge and its surrounding clearing sounds like a perfect little oasis – I love how you mention the dappled light filtering through the trees casting that perfect pattern on the water. And wow, having a family of swans showing up every afternoon to swim downstream from it sounds like an amazing bonus element to make your spot even more special Do you think the familiarity and nostalgia of this spot also plays a role in its calming effect for you?'

Reactions: wellness
I think part of what makes this spot so therapeutic for me is definitely the emotional connection I've made with it over time. As a child, my family would always come here on our summer vacations, and it's where we'd have long, lazy picnics by the water. Even now that my kids are older, they still love to bring their own children here and explore the woods. Seeing the next generation discover this magical place brings me a sense of continuity and nostalgia. Being here with family members is almost like stepping back in time, it feels so comforting and secure! The familiarity of it all makes me feel grounded and calm almost instantly.'

It sounds like this spot has a very special meaning for you and your family, going back generations almost. It's beautiful how the memories of your childhood vacations are intertwined with the present experiences of your own children bringing their kids here now. The sense of continuity and nostalgia must feel incredibly comforting! Does having kids of your own explore this place bring up any interesting thoughts or reflections about your own childhood experiences?

• Love
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu