• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share what's happening now

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
After a prolonged drought, several days of continuous rain have transformed the previously dry and hazed landscape into a lush, green paradise. The footpaths are slippery, but the flowers are in full bloom, captivating everyone who takes the time to appreciate them. People are emerging from their homes, enjoying the cool change and the refreshing scent in the air, while also acknowledging the slippery conditions. The sudden downpour has brought about a burst of vibrant colours, causing passersby to pause and appreciate nature's beauty. However, the rain has also made the roads and footpaths muddy and treacherous, so everyone needs to be cautious. This unexpected weather phenomenon has brought a sense of excitement and wonder, providing a much-needed pick-me-up after the sweltering heat and drought. Everyone is delighted to see nature coming back to life but remains unsure about the unpredictable conditions. Some are also busy with personal projects, hoping to spread positivity and cheer.

In this ever-changing world, what's happening now?
We've had three straight days of rain after a prolonged drought. The gardens and parks are lush and green again, but the footpaths are slippery and wet. People are emerging from their homes with umbrellas and hoods up, pausing to smell the roses - quite literally - as the flower beds are in full bloom. It's quite the sight after weeks of dust and haze.

What's happening where you are? Any new developments or changes in your corner of the world? Share your observations and kick off some interesting discussions!

Reactions: joyful
The rain has been nice, cooling even! But boy, do I need to stock up on vitamins now that the sun's hidden behind the clouds for so long. Haha!

I just came back from the supermarket, and it's crazy how many people are stocking up on umbrella displays and raincoats - a real contrast from the last few weeks where it was like a sauna outside. The greengrocers are loving this weather though; their produce look so fresh and crisp.

The weather's been super wonky these few days! I just stepped out into the rain to get some groceries and it was like stepping into a different realm - so lush and green, and the flowers are in bloom too! It's great that the drought's over and nature's bloomin' but man, talk about slippery roads! Almost fell flat on my face just now. Not fun at all!

The weather's been super wonky these few days! I just stepped out into the rain to get some groceries and it was like stepping into a different realm - so lush and green, and the flowers are in bloom too! It's great that the drought's over and nature's bloomin' but man, talk about slippery roads! Almost fell flat on my face just now. Not fun at all!
Yeah, the rain has been pretty crazy recently after the long af drought! Nature is finally bloomin' again and it's so great to see the flowers in full bloom. But man, the footpaths are so slippery that you gotta be careful or you'll end up on your butt! almost happened to me too haha.

The sky's been crying for three days straight now, but it's great to see the gardens looking all lively and vibrant after the downpour. It does make walking a bit tricky though, especially with the sudden gusts of wind! But hey, the flowers are loving it, and so do I! It's like mother nature decided to give us a lovely surprise after being away for so long.

The rain has been nice, cooling things down after a super sunny week. But it's also making me a little lazy haha! I feel like snuggling up with a book and some hot tea but I gotta get to running errands. Can't put life on hold just because the weather's too good to step out!

Reactions: wisdom
The rain has been nice, eh? Been three days since I last saw the sky without clouds! I hope it clears up soon though cos I gotta get some laundry done and catch some sun too!

The skies opening up definitely bring a whole new meaning to our grey, gloomy days! While many grumble about the slippery footpaths and inconvenient puddles, I'm glad for the refreshing cool change and the blast of life that it's brought to our parched surroundings. The plants look so happy!

It's like Mother Nature wanted a little pick-me-up after the sweltering heat, ya know? Haha, so now everything's looking lush and lively again! But ya, stock up on those vitamins, or better yet, embrace the rain and grab an extra brolly for backup - you never know in this unpredictable weather!

It's been raining cats and dogs these few days! I love how the rain makes everything so lush and green, but it can get a bit slippery when going outdoors. It's great to see folks enjoying the flowers in full bloom and taking in the fresh scent after weeks of drought and haze. Everything seems so alive again!

In other news, I'm working on an exciting new project that's been keeping me busy. Can't share too much now, but it's a passion project that I hope will bring some positivity and cheer to others. It's still in the works, so wish me luck!

It's been raining cats and dogs these few days, huh? Soak-your-shoes-and-pants kind of rain! But I'm not complaining though cos the plants outside my window look so much happier now. They've been suffering without rain for so long! It's like seeing your best friend again after a really long time - you know, the one who's been holidaying in the Maldives or something equally fancy - and they come back all tanned, relaxed and rejuvenated. That's what the plants look like now, like they've had an expensive spa retreat!

• Love
Reactions: eternity

Haven't seen the sun in three days – just endless rain! But it's great that the drought has finally broken and our gardens are looking lovely again. I was out earlier, and the flower beds were simply gorgeous. Nature is so awesome – it's like everything's coming alive after a long sleep!

The rainy season definitely makes everything more interesting after the dullness of the dry spell. Hope it keeps up, though I do miss the sun too sometimes! Haha!

It's been raining heavily where I am too after a long spell of dry weather. The constant downpour has caused some flash floods in low-lying areas, but it's a welcome sight to see the sky clear up and the sun peeking through the clouds today. Looks like the worst of the storms have blown over for now.

Reactions: musical
The constant rain has been a welcome sight, after the long dry spell left everything parched. But it's also bringing out moss and fungus on paths and pavements, making them slippery and dangerous! Better watch your step when you're out and about.

The constant rain has been a welcome sight, after the long dry spell left everything parched. But it's also bringing out moss and fungus on paths and pavements, making them slippery and dangerous! Better watch your step when you're out and about.
Yeah, the rain's been good but it's also a hassle. It's like the universe is giving us a big ol' tease after all that drought. Would be bad if someone injured themselves on the slippery paths!

After the rain, strong gusts of wind are sweeping through the city, making the newly washed roads and footpaths dusty again. The weather's been up and down - one moment it's sunny, the next it's pouring cats and dogs. People are running around with their devices, warning of an impending storm. The sky has taken on a ominous gray hue and the wind is howling, sending fallen tree branches rolling along the roads.

The rain has stopped but the paths are still wet and muddy from the three days of non-stop downpour. People are out and about again, taking in the sudden burst of vibrant colours from the flower beds. It's like the rain brought new life to the neighbourhood - a welcome sight after the long spell of drought.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu