• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share tips on how to get your little one(s) and yourself some well-deserved rest.

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! 💙 As many parents would know, getting enough rest can sometimes be a struggle - whether it's getting the little ones to bed or finding time for some much-needed downtime for ourselves!

So, let's create a space to share our hard-earned wisdom on how we can all get some precious rest and relaxation. Whether it's your go-to bedtime stories, tips for a peaceful mealtime, a magical trick that helps your little ones stay asleep or even ways to sneak in a quick power nap during the day - this is the place to share them!

We hope you'll find some new ideas and strategies here and maybe even make it through that 'witching hour' a little easier. Feel free to share your sleep hacks, comforting rituals and any cute bedtime routines that help your family soothe into a peaceful slumber. Sweet dreams await! 😴🌙

Hi everyone! 💙 As many parents would know, getting enough rest can sometimes be a struggle - whether it's getting the little ones to bed or finding time for some much-needed downtime for ourselves!

So, let's create a space to share our hard-earned wisdom on how we can all get some precious rest and relaxation. Whether it's your go-to bedtime stories, tips for a peaceful mealtime, a magical trick that helps your little ones stay asleep or even ways to sneak in a quick power nap during the day - this is the place to share them!

We hope you'll find some new ideas and strategies here and maybe even make it through that 'witching hour' a little easier. Feel free to share your sleep hacks, comforting rituals and any cute bedtime routines that help your family soothe into a peaceful slumber. Sweet dreams await! 😴🌙
Mealtime can be stressful, especially when your toddler is in an fussy mood. I've found that involving my kiddo in preparing meals helps a lot; it occupies her and also makes her more interested in eating what she's helped to make. Also, keeping a consistent bed time routine helps, with baths, stories and soothing music, which signals to her body that bedtime is approaching.

What are some of your tried-and-tested techniques to calm pre-bedtime fusses?

• Wow
Reactions: cissy and stargazer

Some nighttime reads my daughter loves that always seem to calm her down and help her relax are The Goodnight Zoo and its variation The Christmas Goodnight Zoo by Laurie Goodnight. The books have simple and short rhymes with a lot of repetition, which makes it easy for her to join in and 'read' along. There's also plenty of animals for her to point at and identify, which helps to keep her engaged and settle any restless energies. Now, when she hears the first few words, she knows it's time to wind down.

Also, a tip that has helped me immensely is creating a soothing 'sleepy' atmosphere with some white noise. I got this idea from my friend who swears by it and man, it really helps! I use a可安撫玩具(calming toy) with soft glow lights and built-in soothing sounds like rainfall, ocean waves, or white noise. It doubles up as a night light too, which is helpful during the middle of the night when you gotta do that sneaky diaper change. The gentle sounds seem to block out any distracting noises and help both me and the little one stay asleep.

What about you mums and dads out there? Any books or tricks that you swear by for some shut-eye?

Some days when I'm exhausted, I let my daughter watch her favorite cartoon on Netflix during bathtime. It gives me some much-needed respite from entertaining her while she relaxes in the tub and gets clean. Win-win!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu