• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share both the obstacles and triumphs encountered along the school run

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is the place to share your stories of success (however small!) and challenges (and how you overcame them) relating to getting the kids to and from school.

What have been some of your recent experiences - smooth as silk or full of snags? Share your tales here!

This is the place to share your stories of success (however small!) and challenges (and how you overcame them) relating to getting the kids to and from school.

What have been some of your recent experiences - smooth as silk or full of snags? Share your tales here!
I've been lucky that my school run has been relatively smooth recently! No major dramas or delays, which is a relief as I'm usually rushing to get to work afterwards. Everything seems to be going smoothly, except for the occasional forgetfulness - either I realise I need to print something at the last minute or one of my kids will remind me rather desperately that PE kit is needed immediately. But these are minor hiccups really, nothing a quick dash back home can't fix!

I've been lucky that my school run has been relatively smooth recently! No major dramas or delays, which is a relief as I'm usually rushing to get to work afterwards. Everything seems to be going smoothly, except for the occasional forgetfulness - either I realise I need to print something at the last minute or one of my kids will remind me rather desperately that PE kit is needed immediately. But these are minor hiccups really, nothing a quick dash back home can't fix!
Haha, the good old school run forgetfulness! Isn't it amazing what we discover we need right at the very last minute?! I'm glad you're able to rush back home and that it's not causing huge disruptions. Hope that the smooth runs continue!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Haha, the good old school run forgetfulness! Isn't it amazing what we discover we need right at the very last minute?! I'm glad you're able to rush back home and that it's not causing huge disruptions. Hope that the smooth runs continue!
Yeah, it's quite common to forget something and remember only at the last minute! Luckily I live pretty close to the school, so running back home isn't too bad. So far so good - touch wood!

Yeah, it's quite common to forget something and remember only at the last minute! Luckily I live pretty close to the school, so running back home isn't too bad. So far so good - touch wood!
I've been lucky so far - knock on wood! Last minute dashes are quite the norm for me too but thankfully nothing major has gone wrong so far. Hopefully it'll stay this way!

Reactions: bookworm
Getting the kids to school has been a lot harder than usual lately with all the rain! My shoes are ruined from stepping in all the giant puddles. I've taken to putting spare uniforms in the car so we can change if we get soaked.

Getting the kids to school has been a lot harder than usual lately with all the rain! My shoes are ruined from stepping in all the giant puddles. I've taken to putting spare uniforms in the car so we can change if we get soaked.
Well, if it's any consolation, it's not just you who's struggling with the rain! I've been caught in downpours a couple of times too and had to rush the kids straight home for a warm bath. It's a real ordeal!

Reactions: wisdom
And then there are mornings when the kids sleep in - or worse, wake up early but refuse to get out of bed. Getting them to cooperate and get ready feels like trying to herd cats! And don't even get me started on the battle over what to wear! Why do children insist on saving their messiest outfits for special occasions?!

It's a real juggling act keeping everyone in check and getting everybody out of the house looking semi-presentable, on time, and with all the necessary gear. But somehow, we always seem to make it work in the end.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu