• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A New Baby Guide

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hoping For Help and Feedback - A New Baby Guide

We've recently welcomed our first child into the world, and while we've read through numerous books and attended several parenting classes, I'm sure there will be many situations where a little experience from others would go a long way in helping us navigate the new baby maze.

This thread is aimed at creating a collaborative guide that touches on any aspect of newborn care - tips for breastfeeding, ways to soothe a fussy baby, strategies for establishing a bedtime routine, advice on how to ensure a safe sleeping environment, methods for feeding and burping, ideas for travel with an infant, health concerns every new parent should be aware of, and more.

It's also a chance for us, as parents, to share our own experiences, both the good and not-so-good. What worked for you? Would you do anything differently if given another go? Your input is invaluable in helping us improve our understanding of newborn care and perhaps create an environment more comfortable for both baby and parent.

Reactions: mamamia
Tips for Breastfeeding

As I mentioned earlier, breastfeeding has been a mixed bag for us so far. My wife has expressed some discomfort due to a lack of milk supply. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve milk production? Are there specific foods she should add to her diet or is it purely about frequent feeding and ensuring the baby isn't over-tired?

I've also been trying to help out with breast milk expression, but I'm quite sure that's not necessary at this point. What are some best practices for expressing breast milk if needed? Are there any handy devices or accessories we should consider investing in?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu